Bane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bane Reviews

½ July 1, 2013
Horrible. couldn't even finish it
June 26, 2013
Pretty original plot and decently acted. A unique film that will stick with you for awhile after you watch it. Ignore the fact that it was direct-to-DVD and one of those movies you might skim through while browsing on Netfilx. It's worth your time, but not for everyone.
½ July 18, 2012
Stupidest and worst horror movie ever tries to rip off Saw...
½ May 28, 2012
This is the worst movie I've ever seen. The acting could not be worse, I should not be able to watch a movie and honestly bieleve that i could do a better with every single role. The plot is rediculous, all i could do was laugh at how interestingly bad this movie was. I don't know what James Eaves was thinking when he was directing the gory scenes in this movie. The shots were so unrealistic, for instance, one of the four girls was on top of one of the masked scientists and she stole his nightstick and was repeatedly hitting him on the head, he has a little peice broken off of his and mask and he was still alive. Also, the ending was quite possibly the most irrelevent "twist" i have ever seen, it had nothing to do with the story or anything. I would strongly recommend to not watch this movie and use that to watch a productive movie.
April 10, 2012
I'm not too sure where to start with this movie really, first off if you are thinking about watching this movie stop, don't even bother reading this review just walk away and choose something else because it will consume 2 hours of your life and you wont ever be able to get it back.

Also the guy behind this movie has the nerve to give you an introduction on the dvd as well . . . just to note I personally hold him responsible for ruining my evening.

The plot was literally ridiculous, now I don't claim to be an amazing film writer but there is NO doubt in my mind I could have written something better with simply my arse and a piece of toilet paper. The acting was some of the highest quality shite i've seen in some time as well though i don't blame the actors for this as I don't really think anyone could of acted this film well. And the set looks like part of a construction site with some plastic sheeting and some Land Rover headlights shining through it.

The "twist" . . . as its called is definitely a surprise I can't deny that but I must say its one of the most un connected and weakest twists I have EVER SEEN. I don't want to give too much away for those who still choose to waste their time but long and short of it, it all comes back to a specific emotion . . . which just should not of been put in the film. The whole film had no relation to this emotion what so ever.

It's really hard to understand what is going on the whole film because everything important to understanding the background of this film is all mentioned in passing comments.

I was drawn to this film as looked intensely gory and looked like it could of been quite an amusing gore fest but no. This film doesn't even deserve to be an 18 I have no idea who rated this. There is plenty of fake blood thrown about but you don't actually see anything? You see a few wounds and see someone come to kill someone else but don't actually see it happen. I don't recall any foul language and there is definitely no nudity or sex scenes.

Now i know a lot of people say you just don't get the film . . . well i did, i understood and got everything is trying to do and say. It still didn't make it good, in fact it makes it worse.

I can't get my 2 hours of life back, I am only looking to try and save others from possible suicide.

So please for the sake of your lives DO NOT WATCH THIS FILM!!!

p.s I will personally be writing to the person behind this film to get a refund, as I don't believe HMV should refund me for this.
January 20, 2012
My main beef with Bane is just that it goes on way too long--it would have been way more effective as a taunt 70-minute thriller. As it is, the movie runs about 30 minutes too long. This is partly because Bane spends no time on exposition--it throws us right into the situation: a group of four women abducted by a bizarre organization and submitted to twisted experiments. There also seems to be a brutal killer and perhaps some government cover-ups going on. I won't give away too much. Bane is made on the super-cheap--it's sets are literally fake prison bars and clear plastic tarps. But the film does deliver some genuine brutality and cool plot twists. I liked it, but it could have been better if it had a better editor. Also, the sound engineering is just pathetic because it is almost impossible to decipher some of the crucial moments of plot explication late in the film.
September 13, 2011
Micro-budget torture film with a surprise addition to the old "sadistic surgeon" routine.
½ September 3, 2011
They actually spent money making this?!
½ August 6, 2011
read "Solemn Paradise: En Banc" in the book Children of Government for a better story and experience.
½ July 8, 2011
I'd like to give this movie negative stars...I think it owes me stars in fact. God awful movie. Everyone is raving about the "surprise twist". It is a surprise because it DOES NOT FIT in the plot line, at all. You could have thrown Scooby Doo in the end, solving the mystery, and it would still be a better surprise twist than what they had. Dont waste your time.
June 9, 2011
This was a pretty good movie. I liked the setting... Loved the plot. Can't really say anything bad about this one. But they could've had a better antagonist role...the guy is a bad actor.
October 26, 2010
First of all, the sets are the cheapest thing I have ever seen. The acting is terrible. The audio and sound effects are ridiculously bad. Then, just as the film is wrapping up, they add in aliens. Aliens...REALLY!!! It's almost as if the Director and Writer thought it needed to be worse than it already was.
September 5, 2010
The idea sounded really cool but then they brought aliens into the mix and they really didn't try to escape before it too late either...it was kind of sit around and argue time....could have been a good psychological thiller but it just ended up silly.
August 8, 2010
Free on Youtube..... You be the Judge...
½ December 30, 2009
This was slow at the start....and the lack of horror and scary scence nealy put me to sleep. But the story turned out to be quite interesting. So hang in there for the story line to exposed itself!
½ December 18, 2009
okay, this really strays far from the synopsis of a "sadistic surgeon" carving the time he will kill them into their flesh. I was thinking it would be more of a slasher...it isn't. It's sort of a bad british version of District 9/bad old twilight zone episode combination. Pretty awful.
½ August 5, 2009
Flawed attempt to do something different in the horror market, so points for originality if not for execution.
July 23, 2009
They can't be serious.
July 18, 2009
Bane is the story about 4 random women whose memories are erased and imprisoned in an underground laboratory where masked men and an evil doctor mentally and physically torture them as part of some unknown and very secretive experiment. As the nights go by, a masked maniac creeps into their rooms and carves times into them, which they start to figure out is the time they are going to die as soon as the bodies start piling up. It's up to the remaining girls to try and escape the lab and discover the secret before they become dead as well. While this film could stand to be trimmed down several minutes (110 minutes almost seems too much), the story is very engaging and interesting, especially when everything is revealed and the movie almost becomes something totally different. The all British cast is alright, though a bit of the acting is annoying. The deaths are decently gory and bloody. Overall, I was prepared to not enjoy this movie, but given its ability to tell and show so much on such a small budget is a true testament to the talent behind this film. I was quite surprised in it. Overall, a nice little surprise, however, I would only recommend to those who are into low budget horror and sci-fi.