Bangkok Dangerous Reviews

• Apr 26, 2019

This remake is one of the best Nicolas Cage films shot in Bangkok that I have seen, the only issues are due to continuity of the storyline, which seems to be patching things together in a wild and unpredictable way, which makes it a little hard to follow, compared to the original.

• Feb 15, 2019

After The Joker and Randy the Ram, Cageâ(TM)s hair is the best film character of 2008.

• Jan 07, 2019

If so many people didn't think it was bad I would probably give this a 3 out of 5. The story has been done a thousand times and NC is very robotic, but that almost works since his character is supposed to be an anti-social loner. Charlie Yeung is absolutely adorable in her role, and the film definitely has a tourist in China flair that is kinda charming. The score is pretty good and most of the action is fun enough. Shahkrit Yamnarm isn't too bad either, so I really don't know why this got sooo much flak. I'm guessing it's the cover art, actually, because it looks like NC doing some sort of Wushu knuckles of fury or something. The actual movie itself is by no means something worthy of accolades, but that also does not equate to being a bad film either. Not bad for a senseless action film night.

• Dec 20, 2018

you have no empathy for Nicolas Cage's character, the love story is frankly odd, in fact the whole film is a complete mess.

• Nov 12, 2018

Nicolas Cage has possibly his silliest haircut yet (and that's saying something for the star of "Con Air" "Raising Arizona" and "Adaptation"). In "Bangkok Dangerous" he plays a hitman in Thailand who finds himself running afoul his bosses. The story feels very similar to "John Wick" (6 years before "John Wick") but is nowhere as good. The Pang Brothers were coming off an international hit with their horror film "The Eye" and made their American film debut with this remake of their own earlier action film. I haven't seen that original version, but their action sensibilities are nowhere as good as their horror filmmaking skill set for building scares and suspense. They do bring a strong visual style and flair to the proceedings, particularly in their use of color and framing, but the film's action sequences are disappointingly routine and not all that exciting. Overall, "Bangkok Dangerous" is not terrible, but it's not all that good either. If anything, it made me want to watch the original film to see what the non-Americanized version of the film was like.

• Sep 06, 2018

This American remake is quite derivative of 'Leon The Professional' however it does show some cool imagery of the gritty place that is Bangkok. Cage turns in one of his sleepiest and most wooden performances. Watching this needless remake that often comes off as a direct-to-dvd feature is hardly bearable.

• Jul 22, 2018

Shockingly not awful. I mean yes it takes itself way too seriously, it’s very predictable, and Cage’s hair is distractingly ratty. But it’s competently made. Bonus points for shooting on location in Thailand.

• Jul 28, 2017

Nicholas cage as a hitman is like Clint Eastwood as a gay man. Doesn't fit one bit

• Mar 23, 2016

Another Nicolas Cage which I don't like and that is Bangkok Dangerous. Like I said to Snake Eyes that this film is boring. I mean it's not bad it's just that it's not good a good film but this one, this one is beyond boring. I watched this about once on YouTube and the part where it's bright red I just started rubbing my eyes cause it's flashing so bright and the part where Nicolas says 'Again'. The storyline is so dull, the cinematography is murky, it's a failure at the box office and there's nothing more I can about it, I just don't remember it all. FXXK!

• Feb 21, 2016

Not great but not any worse than season of the witch. "C-"

Not great but not any worse than season of the witch. "C-"