Barbershop 2: Back in Business - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Barbershop 2: Back in Business Reviews

January 22, 2013
More of the same, but a notch lower than before. Anthony Anderson is well missed.
½ December 12, 2012
Desperately wanted to be as good as the first one.
October 31, 2012
Not as funny as the first, and for comedies, that's not a good sign.
½ September 13, 2012
black owned still in business
September 10, 2012
Wow a sequel that is actually better than the original--I loved it!
August 26, 2012
I have seen the first one various times, but I think I had just caught on to this one by watching it over and over again on showtime and HBO and eventually knew all the lines. I enjoyed it, and the cast really made it worthwhile. I found it for a couple bucks and said why not? It's certainly worth a watch if you like the family oriented comedies.
½ July 23, 2012
Liked it. Very funny!
July 12, 2012
ilove this miovie lol tiara mack
July 5, 2012
Very funny... TERRI AND RICKY!
June 29, 2012
lol luks funni lol plus it got ice cube lol
½ June 14, 2012
really funny and good
June 13, 2012
As good as the first
½ May 30, 2012
Not as good as the others but this is far better.
May 28, 2012
esta tiene su diferencia de la 1ra pero con su misma originalidad
½ May 18, 2012
Takes a dedicated and true snapshot of African-American life. But so little of its presentation is memorable. This is a haircut movie that redefines ''fade.'' Queen Latifah, as the proprietor of the ­lady's salon next door to Calvin's, brightens things up in the brief appearances that serve as symbiotic promotion for the producers' coming spin-off movie, "Beauty­ Shop." The sequel to 2003's unexpected and rousing hit offers a lot of the same elements that made the original so enjoyable, but the humor doesn't have the same freshness. Barbershop 2 is like going out for a bad meal with a group of people you love being with. You're happy to be in their company; you just wish you didn't leave feeling hungry. Given the stature and the presence that the entrepreneurial rappers-turned-film-moguls Ice Cube and Queen Latifah possess, the fizzle of their scenes is doubly disappointing. The material is hardly original, but the moment is affecting all the same. A less raucous and more serious-minded neighborhood comedy than its entertaining predecessor.

VERDICT: "Rent Worthy" - [Mixed to Negative Reaction] These films are only worth renting because of certain good things that are worth seeing, but are not worth paying at a theatre or the DVD to see due to bad things that overcome anything good. (Films that are rated 2.5 stars)
May 16, 2012
barbershop movies rock!
½ May 8, 2012
Has some laughs but overall this was a very unnecessary and disappointing sequel
½ May 3, 2012
Very funny movie! Nearly as good as the first Barbershop. I thought it was just as funny as the original, but I was not quite as into the plot line of Barbershop 2. Still a good movie. Recommended if you loved the original Barbershop. =)