Barry McKenzie Holds His Own Reviews

• Feb 26, 2015

Silly, crude, offensive - and absolutely hilarious!

Silly, crude, offensive - and absolutely hilarious!

• Dec 17, 2013

Fun for approximately the first five minutes.

Fun for approximately the first five minutes.

• Sep 07, 2009

very irreverant and suprisingly funny poke at aussie culture

very irreverant and suprisingly funny poke at aussie culture

• May 27, 2009

Has it's funny moments!

Has it's funny moments!

• Apr 12, 2009

A very bad taste 'comedy' with copious vomiting, beer swilling and lots of jokes at the 'Pomme's' expense... you will need the subtitles to understand most of it. Saving grace is again, the glamorous female vampire!

• Dec 10, 2008

I saw this at the Paddington RSL of all places. Cameo stars Gough and Margaret were in the audience, and got a standing ovation when they entered, unannounced. I wept at that, and that just started me off. I missed about half the fillum crying with laughter. I'd really never seen anything like this and it'll be a long time before anyone makes a film like this again.

• Oct 16, 2008

Ridiculous in a funny good way.

Ridiculous in a funny good way.

• Mar 24, 2008

Didn't exactly deserve 4 1/2 stars, but since there were no reviews for this movie. Thought i'd give it a near 5 star so more people would watch it. Never really seen an Aussie movie. It's pretty funny how Australian's bag the Brits(poms), pure OZ humour with heaps of imcomprehensible OZ slangs. Quite an interesting movie, which let's you take a glimps of OZ.

• May 31, 2007

In many ways superior to the first Barry Mackenzie film, and equally tasteless and extremely silly. My favourite line was from Aunt Edna ( later to become the well-loved Dame Edna Everage ), a conservative middle-class Australian wife - "Personally, lesbianism has always left a very bad taste in my mouth". Needless to say, this is not a film for the politically correct !