Bastard out of Carolina - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bastard out of Carolina Reviews

August 23, 2007
I would also recommend the book
August 20, 2007
Was okay.. I wasn't a fan. Story is compelling yet interesting but I think it could of been better.
August 14, 2007
This movie is sooo sad. Very good movie.
August 14, 2007
this is a Excellant movie ! its about this womans boyfriend, Molesting her child behind her back. he gets the Crap beat out of him at the end, by family members , who see the bruising on the little girls legs and body. She is so badly abusedn from this man, it is Very sad. this is a must see movie for everyone.
August 13, 2007
I saw this many years ago but it is the most amazing movie and has a major major major impact... wow. Extremely disturbing and emotional.
August 12, 2007
I love this movie, it's great. I love the cast as well. This movie is a must see!!!
August 10, 2007
This movie is intense and disturbing. I love tales of the gritty South.
August 6, 2007
This movie was absolutely amazing. And it is all because of Jena Malone. One of the best if not the best child actors I have ever seen. To have such maturity about a role at that age is very rare and kudos to Anjelica Huston for directing such a difficult film.
August 6, 2007
a really good/sad movie. it shows how desperate some mothers can be.
July 27, 2007
This movie is brilliant, i love it, it makes me cry everytime..it shows how stupid and desperate mothers can be.
July 26, 2007
Heartbreaking.... but, great!
July 23, 2007
A very traumatic movie.
July 20, 2007
this movie made me curse out loud...throwing things at the t.v., i started crying when the girl couldn't walk...i forget whether she dies/leaves...or what..i need to watch it again...this is a MUST SEE
July 19, 2007
Wow...this movie ( and I have seen this when I was young and when it was first on television). I just have to say everyone's acting was sensational esp. Jena Malone, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Ron Eldard. This is very sad and unpleasant; however after the movie ends you've got to see a young girl's life and how she overcame what happened. Note: Jay
Rawding's review of this movie is outstanding. Thanks for posting your review.
July 15, 2007
this is the hardest movie to watch that i have ever seen and yet it is my favorite, because it is my life. my mother did the exact same thing!
July 7, 2007
This is such a hard movie to watch. There are some horrible scenes with the little girl being raped and molested. Hearing her cry is just too much. I cannot watch this movie.
July 1, 2007
Never ever watch this. I was told not to and I did, and I'm telling you, don't watch it
June 30, 2007
I want to see it because my boyfriend is in it! :)
June 24, 2007
the mother in this movie chooses her stupid boy friend over her oldest daughter the mothers boyfriend is abusive towards her daughter so she goes to live with a relative.
June 23, 2007
The most powerful film about child abuse that I have ever seen. Jena Malone's performance was touching and very realistic.