Bathtubs Over Broadway Reviews

• Oct 17, 2019

I never knew about this stuff, but it's incredible learning about it. If you like theater or musicals, you'll want to watch this too.

• Sep 11, 2019

The mark of an excellent documentary is transcendence over its subject. You think you're watching a film about a whole element of professional musical theater, industrial musicals, that very few people have ever heard of. But after a bit you realize it's also about this guy, a comedy writer who isn't sure if he's funny anymore, who doesn't think he's got a second act in him, who finds himself out of work right before he turns 50 and ends up writing his own second act. This is a fantastic film about composers and librettists, performers and collectors, but it's also about getting old in America, about the scorn we level towards artists when they make money, and about how bleak your personal outlook can be when you don't think you have time to reinvent yourself. It's also got Jello Biafra in a Broadway-style musical number, holding an armload of toilet plungers.

• Jul 04, 2019

Lovely to learn about industrial musicals!

Lovely to learn about industrial musicals!

• May 29, 2019

Absolutely loved this movie! It's funny, joyfully weird, heartwarming and reminds us how powerful it can be to make someone feel seen.

• May 16, 2019

if you like musicals, this will be a treat

if you like musicals, this will be a treat

• May 16, 2019

What a weird, quirky and oddly emotional ride to watch. What a joy to see some one finally rewarded for putting their heart and soul into a creative effort. Gives us all a little hope that what we put out will not return void. Thoroughly enjoyed.

• May 15, 2019

I have smiled and giggled my way through this entire film!

I have smiled and giggled my way through this entire film!

• May 15, 2019

A must see for anyone who enjoys broadway

A must see for anyone who enjoys broadway

• May 12, 2019

The obsession with musical mediocrity ...tuneless tunes..and doggerel raised to the pretension of significant cultural exploration. It reflects the excesses of a material culture out of control...excess singing the praises of excess.

• Apr 18, 2019