Batkid Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batkid Begins Reviews

July 12, 2018
If you have lost faith in humanity or human goodness, you need to see this documentary. This a wonderfully sweet, sentimental, and optimistic real life story of how great humanity can be by showing all these people from all around the world coming together to make one little boy's dream a reality.
April 20, 2018
Batkid is a loving and heartwarming movie about a little boy named Miles named Miles who gets his Make-a-Wish granted as he has cancer. This film shows what amazing work Make-a-Wish does to help families out by making a child's dream day come true. This movie shows humanity captured throughout, but does not really show what really went on under all the action when there were moments that were not soo happy. I feel like after the end of this film, we still do not have some of our questions which society asks such as, why is there still not a cure for cancer research, there has been soo much money raised from this event and we still do not have answers, etc. Overall, this film sends a very positive about this topic and people coming together as a whole to support an amazing cause.
If I could change anything throughout this movie, there would be nothing to fix. This really opens up our perspective to feeling like a child again and brings pure happiness to everyone. Batkid is a movie which everyone should see and be recognized for humanitarian reasons like this.
April 20, 2018
In the documentary, BatKid, i felt that both the Make-a-Wish and the documentary were well organized. Batkid was about a kid with leukemia with a dream to be batman for a day. Although everything was well organized, there were a couple of little tweaks that could have been done. For example, the documentary started off as a comic book theme. Telling miles' backstory, they showed strips of how the parents saw a bump on miles and how he was in the hospital. Throughout the documentary, they only did that three times.

Another tweak is that the documentary interviewed a lot of people but not the people that mattered most to Miles, the parents. They only interviewed during the introduction and the conclusion of the documentary. This adjustment would have made the audience understand more about Miles instead of Batkid. We got to see miles happy about being batman but would have been good to understand how he felt about the whole day
April 20, 2018
The background of the documentary of "Batkid" is about a five year old boy named Miles who had Leukemia and his dream was to be Batman and the Make A Wish program made that happen for him and his family. The positives of the documentary was how made the day so big in San Francisco and so many people were there for this event for Miles. Everybody who was interviewed really cared about for Miles dream and that come true. I liked how the director (Dana Nachman) made it look like a hero movie with the comic book transition between scenes and how in the beginning of the intro look like a comic book opening and the comic book closing in the end. EJ who was Batman said that after that day he noticed how people were a lot kinder with each other and how this event for Miles brought everyone together. The plan for Miles to be Batkid and have Batman who was EJ by his side was really successful and didn't really force it fro Miles. Patricia who was calling everyone and getting people to be in this event was great and showed that she really cares to make this happen and didn't make it look like it was rushed.

In every good documentary there is always things that could be changed. With the interviews I feel like that they could've interviewed Miles a lot more and asked him about his experience and how he felt when it happened. They promoted platforms like FaceBook and Twitter a lot with showing their posts and tweets.
April 19, 2018
Positive
The documentary Batkid is about a little Boy named Miles Scott who has cancer. There is a program called the "Make A Wish Foundation," and they give kids with a life threatening disease the ability to meet someone or do something that not everyone can do, like meet a famous person or become a professional football player for the day. Miles chose to be a superhero. He loves batman more than any other superhero, so they knew batman was the right superhero for him to be. Patricia, a member of the Make a Wish Foundation, was put on the case of making Miles' dream come true. However, while Patricia was setting up the surprise, Miles was still fighting with chemotherapy. Every time Patricia would talk to someone that would help her out and make Miles' surprise more special, they would immediately help and offer free things for miles. Everyone at this event had a smile on their face no matter what at all times. The documentary made everyone extremely happy. During the event, the video showed everyone celebrating and having a good time. The documentary shows people being brought tougher. This documentary was overall very positive for the people that watched it, and most importantly, Miles.

Negative
While the event was great and had a very powerful message, the documentary didn't show Miles' family enough. They gave them some very brief scenes in the Documentary. Mrs. Scott Said in the beginning of the Documentary that this would be their first vacation as a family in a really long time. However, they were never seen tougher in the documentary. There also was no struggle, and everything went their way. Because of this, I can conclude that the documentary was bias. Also, they started the documentary off with comic transitions and then decided to stop and then add it in the end. This showed that the documentary was very inconsistent. The documentary was very inspiring, but there were some negative parts in the way that the documentary was portrayed.
½ April 17, 2018
Batkid was a beautiful experience for everyone who was there that day. Batkid(miles)is kid who
has leukemia and the people at The Make a Wish Foundation helped miles make his dream
come true, by making him batman for a day. The documentary was however very informative
about the subject on Batkid. Most of the documentary was very positive. They interviewed
people like Hans Zimmer, people from twitter who can add more credibility . They interviewed
the director(Patricia)of the make a wish foundation. She helped create the whole scene, she
basically made that whole day like a movie. I think the only thing about the documentary was
that they didn't interview the parents and miles as much they should have.
April 6, 2018
The Documentary Batkid is about a young boy who had cancer and the Make A Wish foundation gave Miles his wish to make the city Gotham City from the movie Batman. The documentary had a great storyline and built a emotional connection for the viewers. The way the documentary was portrayed was poor I think they need more one on one interviews with the parents to see their perspective and they need to give more credit to all the other resources that made that day possible.Overall the film had a great story line.This film hit home for me because cancer was a prevalent topic in my family and this is how they reeled in the viewers by connecting emotional. Really letting them see that this young boy had to go through the hardest endeavor any person can go threw let alone a young kid like Miles himself. I would have also love to see Miles talk more in front of the camera and see him talk about his experience instead of hearing it from Make A Wish. Ultimately the documentary will receive a three and half star due to those setbacks in the film.
½ April 6, 2018
The film Batkid follows the journey of a 5-year old boy named Miles who underwent treatment for leukemia throughout his childhood days. Throughout the film, there were many positive elements to the film. The Make a Wish Foundation wanted to grant one of Mile's dreams. His dream was to be batman for a day. To get into the first positive in the film, I really like how they used the comics in the beginning of the film, where they explained his story, and how he got to where he was at the time of the special day. I felt that it really gave a feel for the hard times they went through, because we got to hear from the parents about his daily struggles. Also, I felt that the fact that they interviewed a lot of the people who made the day possible (Batman, social media advertisers, costume directors, etc.) was very enhancing. I feel this way, because they were saying how their job would contribute to make the day go smooth. It also showed how much these people cared about Miles, so it was a good idea to include that.
So overall, we got a lot of insight from outside people, which makes for a better understanding of how everything came into place. Throughout the film during the day, there was happy, upbeat music. I personally feel like that helped to give the right vibe in the film. It added joy to the film. Overall, the stuff they added in the film, including the interviews and happy music, was overall a success.
There were great film tactics used in the film. I really liked how they filmed, and how they got down to Miles' level when filming him sometimes. That really let us see what he was seeing from his point of view. Also, the director really made it a point to move the camera over all of the people. From this, we really got the sense of just how many people there were at this event. At each little "event" throughout the day, the camera got the brief idea of each event. It wasn't like 20 minutes at each event on camera, it was short and sweet and got the point across. But, something I enjoyed a lot was when they followed the cars around the town, and at times got into the car with them to show that point of view. I really liked seeing the points of views throughout the film. Mostly, I really enjoyed seeing the inclusion of Miles' constant happiness throughout the day. I personally feel that the point of the film was to show his happiness and joy for this day, and we really did get to see how happy it made him. One thing that I did not necessarily like in the film, was that there was a lot of build up until the actual day. It did not get to day fast enough, even though it included all of the right things in the start. Like I said, throughout the day, they followed each mini event just enough, but I feel that the overall film was a little too long. Overall, the film did include a lot of good techniques to show the build up to the day, and to show how the day went. I would give this film a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
½ April 10, 2017
An inspiring, heartwarming documentary about a unique experience that brought the city of San Francisco together. I remember reading about Batkid and watching a lot of videos online about his incredible story but not in depth like this. Batkid Begins takes you behind the scenes to where it all started and how a wish came true by bringing people together from around the world for a good cause. It really puts things into perspective and reminds us that humanity isn't dead.
January 22, 2017
If you're in need of a feel good movie watch this! I smiled and laughed so many times :)
January 5, 2017
Nice inspiring story about this little boy who is battling leukemia and dreamed about being Batman for a day.
November 19, 2016
What a heartwarming documentary filled with great heart.
October 8, 2016
I think too many people complained about the resources being used for this event instead of just accepting it for what it was. Not every kid with cancer gets to have this big of a deal made over them. However, that does not stop this one story from being an emotional (and cultural) miracle. So many people got inspired by this and too many people are trying to destroy that. Anyway, watch this. It is worth it.
September 11, 2016
A Feel Good Documentary that does exactly what you'd expect from the cover.
I really enjoyed it
August 12, 2016
This is a sappy feel-good documentary that will make you believe in humanity. Do not watch it if you want to be negative because it will make you cry, make you smile and make you feel great about the potential of mankind.
July 24, 2016
A great feel good movie. I loved the way the community came together to support this kids dream of being batman. Now if we could get that to happen for something more important.
½ June 19, 2016
Powerful and uplifting.
June 11, 2016
Batkid Begins is a heartwarming documentary about a 5 year old kid who has fought cancer,and gets his wish to be Batman for a day.
May 21, 2016
I showed this video to my son who seems to take advantage of what life has to offer... Here is a kid how was going to lose everything but over came it all and make a wish made it possible... Live life to the fullest make a difference I all the live you come in counter with because tomorrow is not promised.
½ May 6, 2016
If you're a cold, cynical bastard like myself, "Batkid Begins" may just restore your faith in humanity and the power of dreams. If not, you're still likely to have an unbreakable smile.