Batman Gotham Knight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Gotham Knight Reviews

December 4, 2015
Do you remember back in the late 90s/early 00's, that period between "The Matrix" and "The Matrix: Reloaded"?

If so, you probably also remember the series of short animated films set between the two, to bridge the gap, called "The Animatrix".

Well, I think it's a fair bet to say that Warner remembers them, since that's essentially what this is: a collection of animated Batman stories set between "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight".

As it is a collection, some of the stories are better than others, both in plot (there's not a lot of plot, really, you can get into about 20 minutes or so of running time) and animation - if I'm honest, the entry story in this nearly had me turning it off, since I can barely stand the animation style used and (I felt) the plot wasn't much cop either.

Thankfully, some of the later stories are better, even if it is disconcerting seeing the same character (Alfred) animated and portrayed differently in two consecutive tales!
½ September 27, 2015
71%
Saw this on 27/9/15
It's last two stories are good, apart from that this film is mostly boring and at times poorly animated. The only sense of purpose and some real good villains can be seen in the last two stories.
½ September 10, 2015
Some chapters are better than others
August 12, 2015
Through exquisite storytelling and animations, Batman: Gotham Knight displays the Caped Crusader in an intricate and satisfying fashion. This animated anthology utilizes various versions and interpretations of the famed-DC-vigilante to highlight the mythology behind the hero that's both impressive and innovative. 4/5
July 9, 2015
Horrible animation movie, Kevin Conroy had an awesome Batman voice but the Japan anime type of animation in my mind is the worst. This movie would be better if it had better more American animation. It feels like a dark pokemon movie not like a Batman movie. It could have been a better movie. Not the best characters, Batman is still amazing, those kids that were in the beginning, their stories were just plain flat out terrible.
June 25, 2015
The movie basically had a certain really amazing stories like 'working through pain' and a certain really charming ones like 'crossfire' which really uplifted the movie as a whole.. surely want to see again ;-)
½ May 30, 2015
Great movie with great themes and personality. Some of the stories were more interesting than others but it's a tough standard to beat when they all feel awesome.
May 20, 2015
An interesting, if ultimately empty, set of interconnected stories. At least Kevin Conroy makes it worthwhile.
April 22, 2015
I can see why the users didnt like it because this didn't have that same kid batman tone to it. The animation was weird and cool at the same time with a very dark tone to it. This was divided into 6 episode and I didn't have any problems except for episode when they had the indian peace culture bullshit because comics never had that. So episode one is what put people off because the animation was very animie like but ultra weird and I happened to really enjoy it. Episode 2 had the darkest batman in the whole anthology which gave the batman feel to it. Episode 3 was alright nothing special but it looked very Japanese like. Episode 4 I liked cause it was scarecrow and that was fun. Episode 5 was indian bullshit so me no Gusta. Episode 6 was my favorite it had awesome action as dead shot!
½ March 24, 2015
not what I was expecting, but a nice change of pace with the short stories
½ March 1, 2015
For a batman movie it sucked, mainly because the first short was AWFUL also the 5th and the 2nd were pretty bad, the Arkham one and the scarecrow ones were eh, but I did like the deadshot one a lot, but overall, not great, prolly won't watch it again. Also really disgusting surgery scene and I hated the way scarecrow looked.
December 7, 2014
The episodic adventure of The Dark Night Returns are almost like modern short stories of Gotham. Pleasant individually and a way to scratch a itch for a bit of Batman, fans of the franchise will gladly spend their time with this feature.
December 3, 2014
(spoiler alert)
There was a scene were deadshot kills a man with a sniper from the same exact scene from batman knightfall comics and its really made me think if it was deadshot when it was made to look like it was GunHawk
September 22, 2014
It was decent not my kind of anime
August 23, 2014
With the presence of Emma Thomas - one of the producers of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy - teaming up with producers in the animation territory, the feeling of "Batman: Gotham Knight" is more enjoyable when it's an alternative chapter to the trilogy. This chapter takes place after "Batman Begins" and before "The Dark Knight," with different styles of nice animation in transitioning segments being dark with graphics. While the tone may be different to the trilogy's, it's still good with its characters and action, including few references to the events happened in "Batman Begins." "Batman: Gotham Knight" is a nice additional treat to The Dark Knight Trilogy. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 20, 2014
Yes I count this as a movie. Personally, the only real flaw in the movie is that the animation styles weren't unique enough. Most of them looked the same. But the story telling was great, and they were generally darker than most Batman films. My personal fave was the first bit: "Have I Got a Story For You." Second favorite would have to be the one where Bruce gets training from a tribal woman on how to control mental pain and withstand physical pain.
80/100.
August 20, 2014
80/100.
½ August 20, 2014
If it wasn't batman it would be a 2
August 14, 2014
To those who don't appreciate the diversity of character development this might not be for you. Overall this movie or movies are great! each has its own feel and depth.