Batman Begins - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

- Decently Paced

- Fine Villain

- Good Sound Design

- Amazing Casting

Cons:
- Action is poorly edited and shaky at times

- Katie Holmes is not too good

Overall Grade: A- (9/10)
July 14, 2017
I'm a fan of Batman and I thought it was pretty good now find out how he became Batman and why he became Batman I would say it is an Origin! You know The action was good and funny moments in this movie, Hay the Serious gets better watch them all
½ July 14, 2017
Batman Begins does a great job of making this iteration interesting and plausible. I watch superhero movies more for their villains than the protagonists, and Cillian Murphy kills as Scarecrow.
½ July 12, 2017
A film that's both overrated and yet overly criticized. There are many issues to nitpick with, from Bale's scenery chewing to Katie Holmes, but the real discovery is in Nolan's ability to create a militarily influenced vision of Batman, with surprising emotional depth, at least coming from Liam Neeson and Michael Caine, if no one else.
½ July 11, 2017
Fantastic movie to start off a new era of the Batman starring Christian Bale. So excited to see what he has in store for us as my new favorite Batman. The antagonist Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy) was the epitome of a Gotham villain with a perfect happy-medium between deranged lunatic and cleverly manipulative. Liam Neeson was cast perfectly for the role of Ducard and head of the League of Shadows. And then you have the absolutely gorgeous Katie Holmes playing the female lead in this film, nice job. Overall a great film to reintroduce to is such a marvelous superhero character we all have come to know. Can't wait for more to come.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."
July 11, 2017
Batman Begins is directed and written by Christopher Nolan and stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Rutger Hauer, Ken Watanabe and Morgan Freeman.

The last Batman film that we ever gotten was the terrible film called Batman and Robin!! Don't remind me it is a cringe of hatred in my book. But Warner Bros. gave the Greenlight for reboot for Batman, they had to do it right. Finding the right riders finding the right director finding the right man to do it. Since Christopher Nolan created three great films, it would be amazing that he will terrible for a big blockbuster film, NOPE.. HE KICKED ASS!!

Finally a great adaptation of Batman, my favorite superhero of all time. I'm not a huge fan of the Joel Schumacher films of his adaptation of Batman. I really love the Tim Burton version of Batman. But Christopher Nolan's version is true realism, and the real Batman vision that the fans and the audience will love and rejoice!!

They finally got the origin story right for Bruce Wayne/Batman. So at the beginning of the film it was mainly flashbacks from bruce's fear of bats and the death of his parents. Just the journey of become Batman is fascinating to look at and Ra's al Ghul and the scarecrow was a perfect fit for the first villains in the new Batman film.

I just really love what Christopher and Allen brought to Batman. Visually it was great, The cinematography fantastic, just the realism as Batman. Bruce Wayne never was born it was any superhero powers. And that's what I found very interesting with Bruce Wayne/Batman because they're just human. No dorky powers or anything but just human and brains. I love every bit of it I love it I love it I love it!!

Beginning middle and end it is such a great journey for seeing a true origin story for Batman. I do like The Dark Knight so much is my favorite film/favorite comic book movie of all time. But the dark Knight was just the middle story, in a trilogy there has to be a beginning a middle and an end. And Christopher Nolan brought the Trilogy into A great and a remembrance to all.

Christian Bell, as one of the three best Batman/Bruce Wayne's out there, I do like Ben Affleck, but I prefer Michael Keaton. The side characters and the villains were phenomenal. What I like about this movie it doesn't overshadow Bruce Wayne. Everybody in the film is very equal in the film and has a purpose in the film. And I think that's what makes so genius with Christopher Nolan's writing, sure there was like some inspiration to bring in this film like Frank Miller comics. You can see a lot from the storyline like The Man Who Falls, Batman: Year One. Really good comic books and I highly ask you to read them.

It was not the moment of shine for the actors to bloom but it was more of the director and writer of Christopher Nolan that brought him to the limelight of what he's very well-known for his dark Knight trilogy and it shows.

Seeing this movie in 2005 really opened my eyes and made more of a loving connection with Batman for me. I love Batman even more just by watching the dark Knight trilogy because Christopher Nolan made it so right. Without Batman begins I will not even know about this great director that is working today.

Grade: A Perfect 10
½ July 7, 2017
Rendering the iconic origin story on to screen for the first time, Batman Begins goes beyond what the comics ever have to deliver an insight into the psychology of the man who would be Batman. It also does something the films never had: respect his human qualities, rather than labour his inhuman ones. Covering 20 years of his life, in a non-linear narrative that is cleverly employed to draw us immediately into his world, Bruce Wayne easily becomes the most sympathetic, the most complex and the most human of superhero film protagonists. The themes are ingeniously chosen to get at the core of the concept and provide a framework of smartly interwoven plot points, character development and set pieces that make us believe why a man would say 'I shall become a bat'. By changing Bruce's mission from a never-ending battle, trying to stop his tragedy from happening to others, to the definable goal of ending the corruption in Gotham that caused it, the focus of the mythos is subtly shifted to work onscreen and within this interpretation. This is impressive, not just for creating one of the best Batman stories in any medium, but in the way it provides the backbone for one of the most satisfying trilogies in film history. The sequels take this conception of Gotham to more interesting places; with more thematic depth and greater exploration of both the world and the ensemble set up here, and they enhance this film with how they build on it. However, as a character study it is Batman Begins that most strongly distils the eternal essence of one of the greatest fictional characters of all time, conveying it with appropriately mythological levels of symbolism while still delivering a satisfying movie experience.
½ July 2, 2017
Not my favourite batman movie
½ June 28, 2017
Despite its rating, Batman Begins is very re-watchable and hard to forget.
June 26, 2017
Christian Bale is great as batman, although sometimes it is hard to understand him. This movie has good villains and Christopher Nolan's direction is great.

8.5/10
½ June 24, 2017
The best batman reboot in the batman franchise. the plot line was very good
June 23, 2017
Just a great reboot to the Batman Franchise. Excellent film.
June 23, 2017
Fun, full of action, good story, cool characters, two good villains, and it's the best superhero origin story ever.
June 22, 2017
Refreshingly dark and smart, Batman Begins gives us everything the Caped Crusader should be.
½ June 20, 2017
I LOVE this new Batman
and the vision and direction that NOLAN is going with this
June 20, 2017
This movie breathed new life into a movie franchise that was declared dead by many due to the 1997 movie Batman and Robin. Christopher Nolan returns the Batman live action films to the darker/grittier tone that was started by Tim Burton. I can easily recommend this movie to fans of Batman.
June 19, 2017
A great origin story of one of the best superheroes of all time, Batman Begins is a strong beginning from start to finish.
June 18, 2017
A lot of cool action. A bit on the long and slow side. The cast was great.
June 9, 2017
'Batman Begins' successfully introduces the character to those unfamiliar with him. Here's my problem: I was already too familiar with him. Frankly I didn't care about how he acquired the fancy crime fighting equipment. The audience doesn't need everything about him spelled out. It's kinda boring watching a lot of the "becoming Batman" segments and I was thinking to myself "when are we actually going to get to an interesting plot". The acting is good, with solid directing, and the script isn't awful but it failed to engage me in a way I wish it had. Too much focus is on his boring love interest played by Katie Holmes who I couldn't care less about and not enough focus on Cillian Murphy's fantastic portrayal of The Scarecrow. Christian Bale is great as Bruce Wayne but it's with Batman where he falters a bit. The first time we hear his Batman voice I almost started laughing in the theater. Instead of intimidating he sounds like he needs water. Christopher Nolan always provides visually interesting films and he really captures the dark Gothic nature of the Batman mythos which I appreciated. 'Batman Begins' is worth a look if you're interested in knowing the background of the character.
June 6, 2017
my favorite in the trilogy and a brilliant reboot of what was thought to be a dead genre and showed at comic film could go dark and serious