Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Reviews

August 6, 2015
After three seasons of the animated t.v. show, it is great to have Mark Hamill reprise his role as the Joker once again.
August 6, 2015
July 26, 2015
I think that the complexity of the plot, Hammil's depiction of the joker, and the journey of the protagonist make an overall amazing film. This my favorite Batman movie after Under the Redhood, and it is seriously underrated.
½ July 24, 2015
The performances are great as usual, the rest feels entirely perfunctory. The return creates a mystery, which must be the quickest solved in film, with only one suspect and the explanation behind events makes little sense.
June 16, 2015
great flick, not for kids
½ May 30, 2015
A very good Batman story and a good twist on the Joker's character.
½ May 27, 2015
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is a dark, gritty, unsettling and sad at times animated movie that show's the reality on life. I remember when I was very young at the time when I sawed Robin being tortured into being like the Joker and that right there scared me for life, I remember watching that scene thinking to myself "Jesus I can't believe they did that to Robin". But when I watch it today it still is messed up and it's also sad at the time and the animator's behind this took a brave risk by this as they didn't shy away from being deep and dark, and that's why I loved Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

I'm not going to say anymore as I feel it will give a way big plot details. If haven't watched it you should totally check it out.
May 5, 2015
My second favorite thing to come out of the DC animated universe, its an amazing movie with a good story and twist
May 4, 2015
A great animated Batman movie that introduces a new bat and the old Joker revealing some hidden secrets from the past of Bruce Wayne.
½ February 16, 2015
It was great, had a great story and of course it had Mark hamil as the joker so of course it was good!
½ January 13, 2015
Cool animated Batman Beyond film.
January 11, 2015
This is my 2nd favorite animated Batman movie of all time, right up there with Mask of the Phantasm.
½ December 31, 2014
Fun and entertaining batman animated movie.
October 3, 2014
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker's success lies not only with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprising their iconic roles, but with how the film displays the never ending obsession The Joker has with Batman, which goes beyond just who is under the cowl, but the idea of a Batman as a whole.
September 13, 2014
Pretty kick butt movie
September 8, 2014
Great batman excitement
½ August 22, 2014
An extremely old piece of childhood nostalgia, Return of the Joker shockingly holds up as an excellent animated installment into the long running Batman franchise, with great voice actors and a surprisingly deep plot.
½ July 28, 2014
one of the best cartoon batman movies ever
½ July 17, 2014
Going into Batman Beyond Return of the Joker, I wasn't very familiar with the Batman Beyond series. Pretty much all I knew about it was what the Batsuit looked like. So in the first few minutes figured out that it was a new Batman who is mentored by Bruce Wayne in a futuristic Gotham City. While I didn't love the idea of this, it was kinda cool to see something new being done with the character. For pretty much the entire movie I did find it entertaining, but I couldn't stop thinking that it was pretty much The Jetsons meets Batman. And as much as I love Heath Ledger, Jack Nicholson, and even Cesar Romero as the Joker, my favorite Joker is Mark Hamill, and his performance easily the best part of this movie, and would be what would bring me back if I were to rewatch it.
July 3, 2014
It's nice to have Hammill back on the show, but I'm not a huge fan of the way they justify it. The flashbacks are pretty great, though.