Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Reviews

January 29, 2016
With having the new Batman I would say he was cool and the villains work cool and joker is back!! It's interesting how this new Batman has the Jets to fly if you wants to and how Terry is just a high school student that is the new Batman I would say it's a good movie Great information to this movie
½ January 18, 2016
This was my introduction to the Batman Beyond series, but I did find the futuristic slant to be an intriguing prospect. The continuation of the Batman story-line, following Bruce Wayne's heir to wear the costume and battle Gotham's criminals, is an idea rich with possibilities. Including Wayne as one of the story's principal characters, even though he has long since left his personal brand of vigilante work behind, is a smart way to acknowledge the more traditionally minded Batman fans. Then, of course, finding a way to craft a story around the return of Batman's all-time #1 foe solidifies this as a film that should command any Batman fan's attentions. Comic book readers will be especially satisfied with how that particular point is explained, I think. The animation is a little spotty at times and there were a few details that I thought could have been enhanced with a little more creative thought by the makers. But, I nonetheless found the movie to be very satisfying in what it accomplishes. I would definitely undertake a second viewing.
January 1, 2016
Another great Batman animated movie but this time is Batman beyond the movie. This is the second Batman beyond movie I think, don't know if this is the sequel or the first Batman beyond animated movie. I love the tv show but this movie is way better than the tv show. Jokers back and looks the same as the Batman animated series before Batman beyond when Bruce Wayne was young. I liked when barbara Gordon tells Terri about when they were crime fighters. I'm glad the flash back scene was long and has the same art style as the original tv show, Batman the animated series. It's creepy when you see young robin, Tim drake turn into the joker and Harley Quinn's son. I also like that Harley Quinn was in it as a cameo as an old grandmother to the twins that worked for the joker, Dee Dee and Dennis.
December 17, 2015
Interesting Batman Beyond film
October 16, 2015
Such An Amazing Film It Very Well Made And Will Have You Guessing
September 15, 2015
Beautifully animated, wonderfully acted, and sometimes devastatingly violent and sad, this film made me adore Batman Beyond and offered a suitably disturbing end to the DC Animated Universe's Joker.
½ August 21, 2015
This movie works so well because it manages to successfully combine the best elements of Batman The Animated Series with the best elements of Batman Beyond.
August 17, 2015
"Oh you must mean Junior!".

"This is Spider-Man" was my first reaction to seeing the new look 'Batman' in the 'Batman Beyond return Of The Joker'. Cocky and quipy isn't something I'd describe 'Batman' as usually, but with Bruce's protege 'Terry' it works. Beyond was a new take on 'Batman' so a new, different personality in the suit makes sense. But there's still some of that classic 'Batman' in there and that's what makes it works so well.

The jarring personality in the suit couldn't be more different than Bruce's grounded serious outlook. it doesn't start too hot with bar bones backgrounds and some rather lacklustre villains in 'The Jokers'. It didn't seem to jive with the generally well thought-out style of the Beyond series. But it quickly (to my surprise) sets things in the right motion. Given the title it's obvious in Batman Beyond Joker's gone and though bits and pieces it reveals that he's dead so when someone 'claiming' to be the 'Joker' turns up it has 'Bruce' perplexed and scared.

It's a more grown up Batman tale that falls in the line of adults and kids, there's not blood as such and it's full of bright and colourful character designs. Yet has a well thought out story, bringing in an older 'Batgirl' now commissioner and 'Robin'. As she explains the story of the Joker to 'Terry'. Which could have been bland but it's a fantastic flashback showing all the signs of classic 'Joker' with his patented psychological damage and playful acts of violence. Its strength really is the story (when it starts) making it more adult (Even if the way the Joker is brought back is a little off and easy.) without alienating it's younger audience.

The background can be a little flat, the start and teh night club being two that stick out like a sore thumb but the animation quality is nice and the futuristic city makes the unique look of the new Batsuit fit - akin to a flying squirrel. Like the series simple but effective.

'The Return Of Joker' does get off to a shaky start with some dull background design and 'The Jokers' are a bit boring. But when it sets the real one up it comes into its own. Bringing the old 'Gotham' of 'Bruce', Barbara, Tim and the joker as the central point of this new version and new Batman works well - utilising some fantastic flashbacks scenes showing the Joker at his most psychotic. 'Terry' being different rather than the same old serious 'Batman' makes it feel like he is a different breed but cut from a similar cloth.
½ August 14, 2015
A very pleasant surprise of a movie, Return of the Joker is another well written and well animated work of art. All of the characters are fun and interesting, especially Mark Hamill's voice work as The Joker. Hamill as The Joker is definitely the most fun and enjoyable element of this film.
August 6, 2015
After three seasons of the animated t.v. show, it is great to have Mark Hamill reprise his role as the Joker once again.
August 6, 2015
July 26, 2015
I think that the complexity of the plot, Hammil's depiction of the joker, and the journey of the protagonist make an overall amazing film. This my favorite Batman movie after Under the Redhood, and it is seriously underrated.
½ July 24, 2015
The performances are great as usual, the rest feels entirely perfunctory. The return creates a mystery, which must be the quickest solved in film, with only one suspect and the explanation behind events makes little sense.
June 16, 2015
great flick, not for kids
½ May 30, 2015
A very good Batman story and a good twist on the Joker's character.
½ May 27, 2015
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is a dark, gritty, unsettling and sad at times animated movie that show's the reality on life. I remember when I was very young at the time when I sawed Robin being tortured into being like the Joker and that right there scared me for life, I remember watching that scene thinking to myself "Jesus I can't believe they did that to Robin". But when I watch it today it still is messed up and it's also sad at the time and the animator's behind this took a brave risk by this as they didn't shy away from being deep and dark, and that's why I loved Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

I'm not going to say anymore as I feel it will give a way big plot details. If haven't watched it you should totally check it out.
May 5, 2015
My second favorite thing to come out of the DC animated universe, its an amazing movie with a good story and twist
May 4, 2015
A great animated Batman movie that introduces a new bat and the old Joker revealing some hidden secrets from the past of Bruce Wayne.
½ February 16, 2015
It was great, had a great story and of course it had Mark hamil as the joker so of course it was good!
½ January 13, 2015
Cool animated Batman Beyond film.