Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm Reviews

½ July 17, 2017
A masterpiece of classic animation, story telling, action and interesting mystery.
July 12, 2017
Strongest when it keeps the focus on character Mask of the Phantasm was the first Batman movie to really get us into the dark knight's head by taking a look at the hero's origins and adding an extra twist to emphasize the sacrifice and tragedy of this driven man. The atmosphere surrounding the antagonist and the way the odds are continually stacked against the caped crusader are also impressive, but the filmmakers give into the temptation to shoehorn in an extra player who takes the spotlight off the development of the main characters and reduces the power of their climatic confrontation.
July 8, 2017
Powerful, dark and stylish, Mask of the Phantasm is a surprising gem to get added to Batman's crown.
July 6, 2017
Now I was one of few who saw this in theaters and it was fantastic. 2 years later Batman Forever came out and I was stunned to find out that the Animated movie treated the kids more like adults while Batman Forever treated the adults like children. Also thank goodness that there is no CGI in this movie. But, what is interesting is when Bruce/Batman voiced by Kevin Conroy begs on his parents grave for forgiveness after falling in love. The music by Shirley Walker is amazing. She thankfully had the money to Bring in a Latin Chorus to add too the original Danny Elfman theme song. But it this movie didn't take many risks like Batman 89' and The Dark Knight. So for that I like those two better. But this is a truly is a good movie. I recommend this movie.
July 2, 2017
1959 Was 34 Years Old In 1993 And 1924 Was 69 Years Old In 1993 As Well.
June 18, 2017
not as good as the dark knight but this underrated masterpiece has my favorite batman actor or in this case voice actor.
June 15, 2017
This has an excellent story, great animation, and Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are as spectacular as ever.
June 15, 2017
Without a doubt the best Batman movie ever made.
June 11, 2017
Some good dialogue, but predictable. Didn't like the swearing. Mostly didn't work for me.
June 8, 2017
???-???? ????????? ???????? ??? ???????? ?????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??? ??????? ????????.
June 7, 2017
The Best Batman Movie Ever MADE!
½ June 6, 2017
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm succeeds in being an in-depth character study of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The relationships that change and drive the man behind are fascinating and treated with terrific care, and the new villain should have become iconic.
May 20, 2017
One thing. I know its obvious, but one thing: Mark Hamill is music to my ears!
May 2, 2017
I loved this movie when I was a kid I would all ways rent this movie at the movie store it is one of my favorite animated Batman movies!! And then I bought the movie and I still watch it. I consider this movie a mystery movie. Because Who is the phantom? Can batman clear his name? And batman has to watch out for joker, joker played by Mark Hamill did a good job he was silly in this movie! in this movie! So see this great animation movie that I watched when I was younger and I still watch it to this day! Go batman!
April 28, 2017
A underappreciated Batman movie and I highly recommend watching it
April 25, 2017
Batman the animated series is one of the all time great comic book tv shows. This film is a child of that show and it stands up to its predecessor. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil were born to play Batman and the Joker. The writing, directing and acting all are so great throughout this film. Bravo WB and DC!
March 22, 2017
Animated masterpiece!!!
½ March 12, 2017
Emotional, well written and voice acted as well as gorgeously animated, Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best batman movies ever.
½ March 12, 2017
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm marks the tremendous start to the impressive straight-to-DVD animated DC movies due to the incredible voice acting, the thrilling action sequences, and a narrative complexity that is rarely seen in modern movies, let alone animation.