Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm Reviews

½ May 21, 2017
Now I was one of few who saw this in theaters and it was fantastic. 2 years later Batman Forever came out and I was stunned to find out that the Animated movie treated the kids more like adults while Batman Forever treated the adults like children. Also thank goodness that there is no CGI in this movie. But, what is interesting is when Bruce/Batman voiced by Kevin Conroy begs on his parents grave for forgiveness after falling in love. The music by Shirley Walker is amazing. She thankfully had the money to Bring in a Latin Chorus to add too the original Danny Elfman theme song. But it this movie didn't take many risks like Batman 89' and The Dark Knight. So for that I like those two better. But this is a truly is a good movie. I recommend this movie.
May 20, 2017
One thing. I know its obvious, but one thing: Mark Hamill is music to my ears!
May 2, 2017
I loved this movie when I was a kid I would all ways rent this movie at the movie store it is one of my favorite animated Batman movies!! And then I bought the movie and I still watch it. I consider this movie a mystery movie. Because Who is the phantom? Can batman clear his name? And batman has to watch out for joker, joker played by Mark Hamill did a good job he was silly in this movie! in this movie! So see this great animation movie that I watched when I was younger and I still watch it to this day! Go batman!
April 28, 2017
A underappreciated Batman movie and I highly recommend watching it
April 25, 2017
Batman the animated series is one of the all time great comic book tv shows. This film is a child of that show and it stands up to its predecessor. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil were born to play Batman and the Joker. The writing, directing and acting all are so great throughout this film. Bravo WB and DC!
March 22, 2017
Animated masterpiece!!!
½ March 12, 2017
Emotional, well written and voice acted as well as gorgeously animated, Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best batman movies ever.
½ March 12, 2017
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm marks the tremendous start to the impressive straight-to-DVD animated DC movies due to the incredible voice acting, the thrilling action sequences, and a narrative complexity that is rarely seen in modern movies, let alone animation.
February 24, 2017
Perhaps the only true "perfect" Batman film. Bruce Timm continues his work on capturing the dark and complex nature of the character with an engaging mystery.
February 21, 2017
The movie is fantastic! Great Animation with fantastic story & characters! Very action packed!
February 21, 2017
Grade - C
'Mask of the Phantasm' really isn't as good as it's made out to be. It features a great voice cast and good animation, but the movie sometimes felt like such a drag, and I simply couldn't get invested in the story.
February 18, 2017
To this day I still think this is one of the best written Batman movies of all time. If you like Batman, you need to see this if you haven't already. Show your kids and future generations. This is a near perfect Batman experience.
February 13, 2017
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm makes a much better TV special than it does a theatrical film. It's not cinematically written, animated or performed. It screams that you must watch the show before seeing the movie, something I did not. However, I can see why this has developed such a cult fan base, exactly like the show. The respect of the source material is astounding; any fan of the comics can see this taking place in the same world. The twist may be predictable, but the rest of the screenplay is simple and effective. It's nice to watch something that is less than 90 minutes, that doesn't feel rushed, once in a while. I would reccomend this to any lover of the show, and perhaps the most die-hard comic reader, but no one without former knowledge.
February 9, 2017
Sienta las bases de muhas cosasa que veriamos mas adelante. Probablemente el mejor audiovisuale del hombre murcielago. De obliigado visionado.
January 20, 2017
When I was a kid I would all ways rent this movie I liked it a lot and my opinion it's a Mistry movie and has good music and its kind of creepy but there are funny parts like with joker saying down Rusty and kicks the fake dog made out of Metal. That was one of my favorite line. It has a sad ending but still a good movie. I could watch this all day! I'm a fan of Batman and I do like the joker he is just so silly I laugh when joker says something funny. Can Batman stop joker and the Phantom? All that will be answered when you see this movie!! Like I said I love this movie a lot!! You know joker he is all ways laughing and up to fighting Batman. As for Batman he is all ways ready to save people and all ways ready to stop his enemies! Choose a side root for Batman or Joker or the Phantom.
January 3, 2017
The central mystery may fit the Scooby-Doo school of obvious, but this telling of Batman's origin with an extra twist from his indecisiveness in starting his mission, and how it eventually added to his drive, is powerful stuff. The atmosphere surrounding the antagonist and the way the odds are continually stacked against our hero are also impressive, but all this is sadly let down by an underwhelming climax.
November 18, 2016
Growing up as a kid of the 90's this movie was a hit in our house. We had it on vhs and watched it numerous times. A great movie a instant classic with a phenomenal score. A pure treat.
October 8, 2016
Boasting stunning art direction, amazing action sequences, spectacular voice acting from its cast with Mark Hamill stealing the show as the Joker and a darker and deeper tone than the live-action movies, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is one of the best Batman films to date.
September 25, 2016
I'd put this among the very best of Batman movies, and Conroy is the BEST BATMAN!