Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm Reviews

½ November 21, 2017
Fun animated movie. I love Batman the animated series and this is pretty much more of the amazing same. If you haven't seen it check it out!
November 19, 2017
classic batman with that voice that puts you to sleep
October 26, 2017
one of our favorite Batman animated movie ever for our childhood in 90s
September 2, 2017
I love this movie when I was a kid I would all ways rent this movie at the movie store, it is One of my favorite animated Batman movies!!! And I bought the movie and I still watch it I do consider this a mystery movie because Who is the Phantom! Can Batman Clear his name!! Keep in mind there are flash backs to this mystery! And Batman has to watch out for Joker. Mark Hamill played joker he was silly in this movie! So see the great animation movie I watched when I was younger and I still watch it! Go Batman!
August 31, 2017
One of the best batman animated movies, filled with suspense, mistery and amazing animation
August 17, 2017
One of the most surprising movies of all time, Mask of the Phantasm does the impossible: take a classic show and do it justice with a suspenseful new take. Truly an underappreciated yet able addition to the Batman legacy.
August 14, 2017
With a compelling story, animation, and performances from both cast and crew, I can say with no exaggeration that this is the best theatrical Batman film of all time. OF ALL TIME!
August 1, 2017
It's the best Batman movie. Period. End of story. I've seen every movie ever made with Batman in it and this one does everything right. Almost too right. It's perfect.
July 30, 2017
I somehow never heard of this movie until a few days back and now having seen it, I am pretty confident in saying that I have just seen the best feature-length Batman to date.

The score is fantastic, the animation is well-done and the voice acting talents are perfect in tone. But where this knight really stands above is in the plot. A pure mystery with all-new faces and villains, the emotional stakes are set high and Batman is finally given the proper time to show us why he is the world's greatest detective. The film earns major bonus points for giving us insight to Wayne's past in a clever way without retreading the same old alley scene.

In short, this is a Batman movie for Batman fans. If you're a fan of caped crusaders, masked vigilantes and noir mystery, this dark knight rises to the occasion and you owe it to yourself to check it out. It's what Martha would want.
July 28, 2017
The best Batman movie ever
½ July 23, 2017
Strongest when it keeps the focus on character Mask of the Phantasm was the first Batman movie to really get us into the dark knight's head by taking a look at the hero's origins and adding an extra twist to emphasize the sacrifice and tragedy of this driven being. The atmosphere surrounding the antagonist and the way the odds are continually stacked against the caped crusader are also impressive. The only real weakness is that the filmmakers give into the temptation to shoehorn in an extra player who somewhat takes the spotlight away from the main characters and reduces the power of their climatic confrontation, but otherwise this is a tightly written and satisfying construction.
½ July 17, 2017
A masterpiece of classic animation, story telling, action and interesting mystery.
July 8, 2017
Powerful, dark and stylish, Mask of the Phantasm is a surprising gem to get added to Batman's crown.
July 6, 2017
Now I was one of few who saw this in theaters and it was fantastic. 2 years later Batman Forever came out and I was stunned to find out that the Animated movie treated the kids more like adults while Batman Forever treated the adults like children. Also thank goodness that there is no CGI in this movie. But, what is interesting is when Bruce/Batman voiced by Kevin Conroy begs on his parents grave for forgiveness after falling in love. The music by Shirley Walker is amazing. She thankfully had the money to Bring in a Latin Chorus to add too the original Danny Elfman theme song. But it this movie didn't take many risks like Batman 89' and The Dark Knight. So for that I like those two better. But this is a truly is a good movie. I recommend this movie.
July 2, 2017
1959 Was 34 Years Old In 1993 And 1924 Was 69 Years Old In 1993 As Well.
June 18, 2017
not as good as the dark knight but this underrated masterpiece has my favorite batman actor or in this case voice actor.
June 15, 2017
This has an excellent story, great animation, and Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are as spectacular as ever.
June 15, 2017
Without a doubt the best Batman movie ever made.
June 11, 2017
Some good dialogue, but predictable. Didn't like the swearing. Mostly didn't work for me.
June 8, 2017
???-???? ????????? ???????? ??? ???????? ?????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??? ??????? ????????.