Batman - Mystery of the Batwoman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman - Mystery of the Batwoman Reviews

March 18, 2017
Lighter in tone than most of the other animated Batman movies, Mystery of the Batwoman makes up for its flaws with expectedly excellent voice acting and some fun, exhilarating action sequences.
March 16, 2017
This movie was fantastic and exciting it had a good plot and new characters. This movie is a Mistry movie try to figure out who Bat Woman could be! I like the villain named Penguin and Bane they make good villains especially penguin I like penguin a lot I like how he has a place called the iceberg lounge where people can eat. Now something about Penguin that I find cool is he has an umbrella all the time with him and you would think it's a umbrella but really it's a gun I think like it makes a good disguise thinking that penguin does not have weapons but really he does. So will Batman find out who Bat woman is? And can Batman stop his enemies? All that can be revealed when you see the movie!
March 14, 2017
The Worst of The Animated Series tie in movies but there's some fun to be had here.
jamrcla
December 10, 2016
Good action and a very good plot but I found it to be very boring at times, I did enjoy the twist near the end, I think the main problem is I never considered Penguin to be a great villain but if you do then you might enjoy it more than me.
August 24, 2016
A nice little spin off from the legendary 90's Batman animated series. Mystery of the Batwoman maintains the shows unique neo-Gothic styling, 40's style architecture combined with more modern technology. It's a shame though that the story cannot keep up with the fantastic animation.

I found the general mystery of the titular Batwoman to be pretty uninteresting, especially with how unsympathetic I felt about the options for just who she could be. It is however nice to have both Penguin and an intelligent version of Bane in as villains among the countless nameless goons.

Mystery of the Batwoman is a nice watch, but feels a little too much like an extended episode of the TV series. Not sure how I feel about that bizarre 007 esque theme tune either.
½ August 21, 2016
I don't get why the user reviews are slightly negative. I really liked this movie. It's definitely not my favorite of the DCAU Batman films, but it's still good. It's better than the shitty animated "New 52" Batman movies!
½ August 8, 2016
Not particularly interesting.
½ February 23, 2016
Re-treads the same paths as Mask of the Phantasm, although it has learnt from its predecessor's mistakes in the detective element of the story, the atmosphere and tension are missing this time.
½ February 23, 2016
I am a huge animation fan and a big Batman fan also. While I found the story entertaining the art was sub-par. It looks too much like the TV series. O.K., I can live with that, the thing that bothers me the most is that the creative team can't decide what century the story is in. You see computers with flat screen LCD monitors, the bad guys are making plasma rifles but all the cars and trucks (except Batman) are from the 1940's and 50's. No wonder GCPD needs Batman if they're using 60 yr old tech. Maybe Wayne Enterprises should help fund the police force? The last problem I have is the architecture. It's all from 1900 to 1930. Everything is Art-Deco. I didn't see one glass and steel sky scraper in Gotham and again the police station is an antique joke. Come on guys, at least put everything in the same decade!
January 20, 2016
Love it as a child and I still love it to this day
October 17, 2015
Very Intriguing End To The DC AU Batman Trilogy
October 3, 2015
Following in the story of The New Batman Adventures, this is both something new and a wonderful nostalgia trip
½ August 8, 2015
An early entry in the DC animated franchise. Batman is trying to hunt down a Batwoman that is attacking bad guys.
The animation is exactly like the Batman animated series and the story itself could have been a story idea they wanted to use in the cartoon but didn't.
½ July 8, 2015
Suffering of a very bad animation and an atrocious script, "Mystery of the batwoman is maybe one the worst animated movie based on DC comic characters.
½ June 5, 2015
Relatively a good enough story for it to be a feature film, but only just about. The mystery is somewhat predictable but only after a short while. The voice acting is good and the designs are stylistic and fitting. It's another good Batman animated flick.
February 27, 2015
It was ok. Not bad at all. Animation was fine, and the story was competent, but it didn't blow me away or anything.
½ February 20, 2015
Massive disappointment when measured against the series and Mask of the Phantasm, but works fine as an extended bonus episode in its own way. Wish they had Paul Williams as the Penguin though, he was much better.
½ December 14, 2014
Always like to watch a Batman animated flick.
½ October 3, 2014
While it was well animated and voiced, the film boasts a rather simple story for Batman's standards, and as such, Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman lacks the edge it's 'prequels' - Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993) and Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero (1998) - had and serves no bigger purpose in the grand scheme of the DCAU.
August 2, 2014