Reviews

• Aug 19, 2021

This is a wonderful film. Fans of the fantastic original 1960's TV show will have a ball with this animated adaptation of the series, and many of the original cast lend their voices, including a truly hysterical Adam West. Although the TV series was very self aware, its legend that's grown in stature ever since offers the opportunity to truly parody itself, and the film duly grabs the offer with aplomb. A ray gun that can duplicate anything and anyone? Check. An anti-gravity bat-fight in a space station? Check. A near death scene where Batman and Robin are tied to two giant microwave dinners? Check. Return Of The Caped Crusaders is absolutely hilarious, very cleverly written, and brings everything you could possibly want as a fan. I watched it with my two year old, a massive Batman fan, and she absolutely loved it.

• Aug 06, 2021

this was super fun, I loved it!

this was super fun, I loved it!

• Jul 22, 2021

It's campy and cheesy all the way to the end (and I personally feel that Julie Newmar has a bit of vocal dissonance due to the voice of a clearly older woman coming out of a young lady in her 30s whereas Adam West and Burt Ward still sound good despite both also being old and the former's health ailing by the time the movie came out) but Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders is a fun, humourous, witty love letter to its iconic 60's source material with a story that hearkens back to a sillier era and fight scenes that fit perfectly with the tone established, though that might disappoint used to the solid fight choreography of the live-action films and more serious animated films. That's one hell of a long sentence to say that Return of the Caped Crusaders is enjoyable family-friendly counterprogramming to the controversial (for all the wrong reasons, compared to the comic) R-rated Killing Joke movie that came out around the same time.

• Mar 22, 2021

Funny but unnecessary nostalgic sillyness

Funny but unnecessary nostalgic sillyness

• Oct 29, 2020

I'm just glad that adam west is back

I'm just glad that adam west is back

• May 04, 2020

Enjoyable and funny, this movie brings back Adam West's old school Batman persona in a fantastic and action packed adventure.

• Mar 11, 2020

I honestly don't know what the filmmakers were aiming for with this. A tribute? A parody? Was it supposed to be funny? Ernest? Batman, Robin and Cat Woman looking like their live action 60s TV show counterparts, but sounding like the senior citizens the actors are, tested my willing suspension of disbelief. During the second act it teases the idea of alternate versions of Batman, but doesn't ultimately explore showing the contemporary version interacting with this 60s version. Which is disappointing, but fine if it stayed with the premise that what we're watching could be an episode of the classic TV show. However, this movie does things that the TV show never did, which is where it really disappointed me. Either stick with what you established early on or change for something more interesting. little below average for me (4/10) with extra points for the great animation (5/10) and nostalgia (6/10).

• Oct 12, 2019

Nice to see the original Batman cast back at it but the concluding story-line wasn't good.

• Feb 25, 2019

An okay ode to the campy 60s Batman.

An okay ode to the campy 60s Batman.

• Jan 14, 2019

NOSTALGIA ALERT! NOSTALGIA ALERT! Adam West (RIPD), Burt Ward and Julie Neymar are back and man do they sound old. This was the first thing out of my wife's mouth and I had to agree with her. You could tell 50 years had passed and it showed in how the voices came across. Especially Julie, her Catwoman was not as seductive as she would have liked it to be. However, this film was beautiful and supplanted itself firmly in the pantheon of the original 1960s Batman show. The quirky jokes, nonsensical banter, character tropes and how Batman and Robin seem to figure out the plans of the villains with only the most diluted and inane clues were plentiful and truly took me back to a much simpler time. I liked the little joke about the 3 Catwomen when Batman was hit in the head.It was well done and showed that the writers and director were true fans of the 60s TV show. This film is pretty long but the story keeps it up and allows for the fans to enjoy themselves. Although extremely convoluted, as most of the stories in the 60s were, this film feels like an episode for the first half and a film for the second half. Giving the fans a chance to see Batman as the villain and also see Robin try to outsmart his mentor whilst teaming up with Catwoman and attempting to trust her was truly ingenious and well written. I believe that people should watch the original 60s movie first, get introduced to the characters in this cartoon and then you can really enjoy the nuances and ridiculousness of this film.