Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders Reviews

• May 04, 2020

Enjoyable and funny, this movie brings back Adam West's old school Batman persona in a fantastic and action packed adventure.

• Mar 11, 2020

I honestly don't know what the filmmakers were aiming for with this. A tribute? A parody? Was it supposed to be funny? Ernest? Batman, Robin and Cat Woman looking like their live action 60s TV show counterparts, but sounding like the senior citizens the actors are, tested my willing suspension of disbelief. During the second act it teases the idea of alternate versions of Batman, but doesn't ultimately explore showing the contemporary version interacting with this 60s version. Which is disappointing, but fine if it stayed with the premise that what we're watching could be an episode of the classic TV show. However, this movie does things that the TV show never did, which is where it really disappointed me. Either stick with what you established early on or change for something more interesting. little below average for me (4/10) with extra points for the great animation (5/10) and nostalgia (6/10).

• Oct 12, 2019

Nice to see the original Batman cast back at it but the concluding story-line wasn't good.

• Feb 25, 2019

An okay ode to the campy 60s Batman.

An okay ode to the campy 60s Batman.

• Jan 14, 2019

NOSTALGIA ALERT! NOSTALGIA ALERT! Adam West (RIPD), Burt Ward and Julie Neymar are back and man do they sound old. This was the first thing out of my wife's mouth and I had to agree with her. You could tell 50 years had passed and it showed in how the voices came across. Especially Julie, her Catwoman was not as seductive as she would have liked it to be. However, this film was beautiful and supplanted itself firmly in the pantheon of the original 1960s Batman show. The quirky jokes, nonsensical banter, character tropes and how Batman and Robin seem to figure out the plans of the villains with only the most diluted and inane clues were plentiful and truly took me back to a much simpler time. I liked the little joke about the 3 Catwomen when Batman was hit in the head.It was well done and showed that the writers and director were true fans of the 60s TV show. This film is pretty long but the story keeps it up and allows for the fans to enjoy themselves. Although extremely convoluted, as most of the stories in the 60s were, this film feels like an episode for the first half and a film for the second half. Giving the fans a chance to see Batman as the villain and also see Robin try to outsmart his mentor whilst teaming up with Catwoman and attempting to trust her was truly ingenious and well written. I believe that people should watch the original 60s movie first, get introduced to the characters in this cartoon and then you can really enjoy the nuances and ridiculousness of this film.

• Nov 19, 2018

Fun movie. Liked how they got the actors from the 60s show to voice their characters and also how it poked fun at the old series by exaggerating Batman's preparedness, ingenuity and deductive reasoning.

• Feb 06, 2018

Animated in the style of the 1960's TV show, this film showcases all of the Batman's biggest enemies (Penguin, The Joker, Riddler and Catwoman) travelling to outer space for their fiendish plot. Catwoman nearly seduces the Batman as he comes under her spell and starts being a real dick. Aunt Harriet keeps insinuating that Bruce Wayne is a diddler. Fun watch for the kitsch and nostalgia.

• Oct 30, 2017

This Bat-sequel 50 years after the Batman sitcom and movie version relies on nostalgia, much like every other sequel of 2016. There are a lot of good in-jokes for fans of the Adam West interpretation of Batman, but is rather messy overall.

• Aug 08, 2017

If you like the old Batman's, you'll love it. If not, watch something else.

If you like the old Batman's, you'll love it. If not, watch something else.

• Jul 11, 2017

Ok return of Adam west and Burt ward and there back in an animated tale. Rest In Peace Adam west . Good return of batman and robin.