Batman Returns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Returns Reviews

February 5, 2018
Michelle Pfeiffer saved this film as Catwoman! She is my favorite cat woman to date!
½ January 24, 2018
Often a little campy and too heavily dark to the point of being silly, but Batman Returns continues Burton's amazing take on the superhero with enough action to compensate
January 24, 2018
This is the best of all Tim Burton's Batman films. Danny Elfman played an equal part in creating the entire feel of the movie. The music and the visuals are captivating, and the acting was decent with big Hollywood names (which helps... except for Batman and Robin), and the plot wasn't too darn silly. Also, this is the hottest Michelle Pfeiffer we have on record.
January 23, 2018
Best Batman movie to date, even after 25 years
½ January 18, 2018
Started off pretty good, but then got kinda weird. Catwoman and Penguin were interesting characters.
½ January 16, 2018
Devito as Penguin, Walken as Shrek, and Pfeiffer as cat woman brings a good sequel to Burton's first film. Keaton reprises his role as Batman again. It is interesting that I never really bought Keaton as Batman, and the original suffered from lack of character development and engagement. I didn't enjoy the story line as much, it was a bit much and convoluted, and the penguin caper didn't quite work for me as an enjoyable or believable story line, but as usually, but it continues the theatrical Burton style with his flair and is a visual feast.
January 8, 2018
This was one of my favorite movies growing up and re-watching this as an adult it still holds up to my high standards. I've come to realize most movies directed by Tim Burton has an amazing score, dark comedy, blood, brilliant palette, and stands out. In my opinion, this is the best Batman movie and a must see!
January 7, 2018
It's not quite as good as the 1989 film, but Batman Returns is still fantastic, as well as one of the best alternative Christmas movies ever. Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, and Christopher Walken are all at the top of their game, and Michael Gough is once again fantastic as Alfred Pennyworth. Despite some overly dark subject matter, the film overcomes this with the help of Tim Burton's unique direction and a good script. Batman Returns isn't perfect, but it is a genuinely great movie.
December 27, 2017
Good Superhero, Good Villains, Good Dialogue, Good Score, Good Set Pieces, Good Chemistry, Good Acting, Good Climax. Not as good as Batman 1989 but still pretty damn good.
December 26, 2017
Great performances. Well directed. A must see film.
December 25, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

A pesar de contar con un Pinguino muy bien trabajado, Batman Returns resulta decepcionante por el tono infantil que le da Tim Burton.
December 21, 2017
Although not the most popular Batman movie, ( its more of a Tim Burton vehicle) I really enjoyed it. The world is more dark and gothic this time and you have 3 villains, the Penguin, Catwoman and Max Shrek who was made for this film. The plot is fairly good and its quite christmasy. Michelle Pfeiffer is ace and she has a great transformation from a quiet secretary too a sassy, athletic villain who oozed sex appeal.I wasn't as sold on Danny Devito but he is still solid.
December 18, 2017
This sequel did get more gothic than the last one. It was overall a good movie
December 6, 2017
Gotham never felt better and the star power in this one is off the charts. Danny Devito's portrayal of the penguin is the best to date and Keaton is still the best Batman on film. If this movie makes it's way back to big screen nation wide it could gross well over 100 million and give die hard fans a very good treat.
½ December 1, 2017
Flawed but still enjoyable adaptation of Batman, that while doesn't hold up as well in comparison to the "Dark Knight Trilogy", has a style that can't be denied. Keaton continues his solid work from the first one but receives mixed support from the cast. Danny DeVito is atrocious as the Penguin, playing him as a disgusting monster over the suave crime boss in the comics, and you never buy he can trick Gotham into voting for him as mayor. Thankfully, Michelle Pfieffer is electrifying as Catwoman, lighting up the screen ever moment she's on it (even her early moments as a bumbling secretary are hilarious). She even livens up Keaton, as the two show nice romantic chemistry and reminds everyone Catwoman is the best love interest for Batman (hence, why they're now engaged in the comics). Behind the camera, Tim Burton crafts a stylized & beautiful version of Batman that improves over the original and makes great use of the Christmas theme (Gotham looks gorgeous in the snow). However, the story is inconsistent and goes a bit out there at times (the image of an army of Penguins with rockets on their backs is ridiculous). There is a hint of the supernatural, which is interesting, especially with Catwoman suddenly turning into an acrobatic villain, along with seemingly being unable to die. Plus, Danny Elfman actually improves on his brilliant score from the first film. Overall, a flawed and not accurate Batman film, but enjoyable nonetheless. Plus, this & "Iron Man 3" are the only superhero Christmas movies we got so far.
½ November 24, 2017
A dark mood, incredible acting, Tim Burton's touch and two villains that don't feel forced in, this film works even if they are penguins with missile launchers attached to them
November 21, 2017
This is truly Burton's Batman film, hell it's a good comic booky movie, but maybe not a great Batman movie. This isn't really a Batman movie, this is not the character I love.

Keaton and Pfiefer are electric every time they're on screen together.
½ November 17, 2017
Perfect in every way!! Love love love!! More Catwoman though as she amazing
November 3, 2017
Would be perfect if not for gross Danny DeVito.
October 20, 2017
Batman Returns was better then the Original from 1998 Batman. I found this movie to be a bit funny and the cast to the movie was well done Michael Keaton
Played Batman, Danny DiVito played Penguin and Michelle Pfeiffer played Cat Woman.

My favorite part was Penguin is on his Duck Boat coming through the sewers with his umbrella witch is a gun and says my babies did you miss me ho did you miss me!! Great speech Oswald Penguin pushed his partner with his( umbrella) my name is not Oswald!!!!! I am Penguin I am not a human being!!!! I am a animal, Crank the AC!! Where is my lists? Give me the names of the first born sons of Gotham City just like I was. And like me a terrible fate awaits theme.( He passes the lists) and tonight while their parents party they will be dreaming away in their safe cribs there soft beds and we will snatch them and bring Theme in the sewer!! And Toss them in to a deep dark watery grave!! Penguin? Henchmen said I mean killing sleeping children isn't that a little uh". Penguin) growls and then Penguin takes a umbrella ) and shoots his own man Henchman. Penguin pushes Henchman"s dead body in to the sewer water and says no it's a lot!!!

I like how Batman was fighting Penguin and (Penguin said all it comes down to is the Umbrella. Or when Penguin said you really don't really exasperate to win do you!! So see the funny parts see the good action in the movie, I'm all about this movie.
Cat woman was funny how she said I need a bath and licks her self.