Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 Reviews

• Feb 19, 2019

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 not as good as its predecessor but it sure makes up for it with some of the most memorable battles in DC history.

• Feb 02, 2019

Very good but as good as part 1 imo. The fight scenes again are incredible, and the opponents are absolutely classic: the GCPD, the Joker and Superman. Awesome. There seemed to be more lags in this one compared to part 1, but its still an amazing watch.

• Sep 22, 2018

Again another string outing which built in the positives of the first. My biggest criticism would have been narratively I felt Joker was a bit rushed but still very enjoyable.

• May 18, 2018

Probably the best comic adaptation ever.Period. The best batman ever.The most disturbing Joker ever.

• Apr 19, 2018

Dark, darker, darkest Not for everybody

Dark, darker, darkest Not for everybody

• Dec 26, 2017

Although it's an incredible film,it relies too much on it's first part,in my opinion. You could argue that it's supposed to,but because of this you can't fully enjoy it without watching part one first. The plot isn't that great either;Joker goes on a rampage so Batman retaliates by hunting him down and almost beats him to death. Joker eventually dies so Batman is considered a criminal. So in retaliation the government has superman fight batman? is it just me or is that a bad plot? Also it's mentioned that the justice league have all retired,which makes this film seem like an old justice league spin-off film rather than an old batman film Although,despite all my negative points,it's a smartly written,well paced,action filled film. It also answers questions from the first part and because we're familiar with the characters,we don't have to see as much Robin scenes and the film can focus on a story I don't know whether to give this film a 3.5 or 4 but I'm going to give it a 4 for that great batman vs superman fight as a grade I'd give it a B+

• Nov 28, 2017

Emotional, potent and incredibly entertaining...

Emotional, potent and incredibly entertaining...

• Nov 18, 2017

I was fortunate to wait (as hard as it was) for part 2 to come before I bought both part 1 and 2, so right after the first one was over I couldn't put this one in fast enough. This one really picks up the pace, just like the comics it's based on, all culminating with epic showdown between Batman and Superman. Truly epic and unlike many animated films, it's not to short, which means they get to everything is this incredibly faithful adaptation of one of the greatest comic book/graphic novel stories ever told.

• Aug 22, 2017

Batman loses his patience with The Joker after The Joker kills hundreds of people and the ensuing fight leaves The Joker with a broken neck. Now everybody blames Batman for The Joker's demise so they get Superman to come and beat him to death.

• Aug 19, 2017

Twisted, brutal and unforgettable, Frank Miller's dark envisionment of Batman get's the proper treatment in this DC entry, and follows up Part I extremely well.