Batman: Under the Red Hood Reviews

• Jan 06, 2021

First of all, I was very excited to watch this film because Red Hood is actually my favorite character involving all the Comic world. It doesn't matter if it's Marvel or DC, if we talk about villains or superheroes, Red Hood is my all time favorite. Although, I must say, I have somewhat of a divided opinion for this one. By one side, I expected it to be darker... Don't get me wrong, it is dark at some parts, and this dark tone is set by the themes and the unusual violence portrayed in it, considering that it's a superhero movie; and, what's more, an animated one. It is not the typical Batman cartoon that everyone can watch. So yeah, I expected it to be much darker and raw, probably because I read a lot of reviews online before watching it, but still, it isn't tha important. By the other side, what I liked the most; besides from the characters, was the dialogue. I definitely loved the script. It is a good movie that reinforces Batman's fundamentals, explores some part of Red Hood's story and adds some interesting twists and characters that create different situations that make the movie dynamic and interesting. The animation wasn't remarkably marvelous, honestly, but still pretty good. This animated DC Universe's film is definitely fun watching and an interesting ride for Batman fans. And, well, an extra opinion coming specifically from a Red Hood fan, I must say that it's really cool to see this character represented in a movie. It is not a commonly used character and he is not the most famous comic book character, so I am glad they explore it's nature and use this character more!

• Dec 24, 2020

Absolute masterpiece! If you like superhero movies, I highly recommend you to check this film out!

• Dec 07, 2020

a dense animation, with interesting dialogues and messages, I really like what this feature presents to me, I highly recommend it to any Batman fan

• Oct 26, 2020

Dark, bloody and smartly written, it's not only action-packed, but also explores a number of complex moral issues, including shedding light on Batman's motivations and ethical code, and questioning whether his choices and rigid approach to crime-fighting is the best way to go about things. And it presents it all via a story that has a strong emotional thread running throughout, showing us some of Batman's vulnerabilities along the way. To date, ‘Under the Red Hood' remains one of the DC's best animated films regarding the Dark Knight and a real treat to watch.

• Sep 04, 2020

Is justice a good thing? Red Hood best.

Is justice a good thing? Red Hood best.

• Aug 25, 2020

Well what can I say is that this is a great fucking movie one of the best animated films of all time might just be the best animated DC film too. Finally a dark Batman DC film that we really needed. Much Love

• Aug 14, 2020

Just awsome action and violent scenes but its good

Just awsome action and violent scenes but its good

• aawin
    Jul 19, 2020

It is cool fighting and the Action

It is cool fighting and the Action

• Jun 14, 2020

Surprisingly emotional with a heartbreaking final. Under the Red Hood is a fantastic film that improves on its source material and has great voicework.

• May 31, 2020

UNDER THE REDHOOD is a great little Batman story that shines a light on Bruce and Batman's relationships with his orphan wards. It has some great superhero action. It also uses detective skills (maybe overexplaining a few of their discoveries) to good effect, driving the plot and story at the same time. This is a good addition to the greater animated Batman story. This also pre-dates the Flashpoint Universe.