Battle For The Planet Of The Apes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes Reviews

November 24, 2016
Just like Conquest, Battle had the potential to have been a great, ground-breaking movie but wasted their characters and storytelling about the same, continuously repeated goal of re-unification and peace through dull preaching and dull character development. But we can still thank this movie for having provided the creative writing backbone for the much better-made DAWN of the Planet of the Apes, just like we can thank Conquest for the same for RISE.

My message to fellow moviegoers who love apes, don't watch Battle, just watch the reboot Dawn of Planet of the Apes, it has a very similar story but with better special effects and better organized story and character structure.
½ November 22, 2016
Final instalment takes place in the future with apes and humans attempting to coexist but battling warmongering gorillas and mutant human survivors in the destroyed city. Has the feel of overkill for now tired series.
September 10, 2016
The steam for the Planet of the Apes franchise had obviously run out of steam a long time before this. Of all the movies in this series, this is unquestionably the redheaded stepchild. Nothing outside the bizarre and out of character ending will stick with your brain. The series should have ended with the last one, and have that one have the ending that it originally should have had before the studio stepped in. Shame.
½ July 27, 2016
With a cripling budget it's amazing that this movie is even as watchable as it is. The script is somewhat clunky and the big action scenes simply do not have the scope they require. What's there is certainly ok if taken at face value. Not a terrible movie just very "undernourished".
½ June 3, 2016
It's almost a shame to see the series come to an end, but the old adage that offers the advice that there can be too much of any good thing probably holds true here. While the series witnessed several peaks and valleys, there are certainly more peaks and plateaus than there are valleys, and Battle for the Planet of the Apes certainly concludes the series on an upward slope. With a strong story that ties the previous films together and leaves viewers with a more uplifting and hopeful ending than those concluding the previous films, Battle proudly stands tall as a fine entry in and a fitting conclusion to the series.
½ February 21, 2016
The last and final film in the original series is Battle for the Planet of the Apes. The film depicts Caeser as the lead of the apes as he raises his son, and tries to maintain peace with the humans and an aggressive gorilla named General Aldo. This film was pretty boring, and was a disappointing ending to the series. The films for the most got got progressively worse and less original, and this film embodied all of these aspects.
½ February 8, 2016
One of the all-time worst sequels. Too preachy and more apparent on repeated viewings that the screenplay is childish and laughable.
½ January 22, 2016
This fifht and final movie of the original series sadly does not end in the way we wanted and/or expected. It moves fast from very cheesy to very griddy scenes, get extremely confusing at some points, and fails completely in storytelling. I still enjoy it throughout, but when you have to talk yourself into watching a movie, it is never a good sign.
½ December 23, 2015
Maybe it's just that it's difficult to maintain interest for this long in a series. Three films is a challenge, five almost an impossibility. Sure, by now we get it. There's a good element and a bad. Here's we've got the gorillas and the "underground' humans taking on the bad element, and there's just not much to be done. But as one knows or feels throughout, you know it's the humans who are the worst element of all, for they are the one's that ultimately end civilization. There's also and issue here with budget. This has more of a feel of a college film than a successful franchise film. Fox was trying to cut corners to extend profits, short-changing viewers in return. Ah, but isn't that just like those evil humans?
½ December 9, 2015
Flojisimo fin de saga, mal dirigida, acción terrible y más propio de un episodio televisivo que un nombre con tanto lustre.
August 4, 2015
The final installment, I guess they were cranking these out a little to fast since it appears that fans at the time weren't into this one. Most people I know that made it past the shitty 3rd movie liked this one the best of the five (mine's the 4th) but yeah it's time to put humans in their proper place! Stupid fucking humans!
½ July 17, 2015
A weak Caesar with weak acting. The movie ends with peace between humans yet we know that humans are captured 600 years later. It continues its plot holes just like all the other sequels. It does have a fun battle scene, and it's watchable.
½ May 5, 2015
Better than the last sequel; it held my interest, but I can't say its that good.
½ March 18, 2015
This was pretty bad. I lost me half way through. Not a terrible ending with the statue.
½ March 14, 2015
Another average follow up to the Apes franchise and the final one until the lambasted Burton attempted reboot, Battle for the Planet of the Apes is the second film that was visably lifted for ideas for the remade Andy Serkis version of the series, most notably the power struggle between Ceaser and one of his soliders as to how to best manage the human relationship now that Apes have started to manage the planet and humans have fallen into a minroity, a few teachers and a bunch hiding in the old cities strugglling to overcome radiation poisoning from a nuclear attack of sorts. Told from the future from the timeline of the original film, it is intriguing if anything to compare the choices between Battle Of.... and the sequel it directly influenced Dawn of the..... Otherwise not as inspiring as earlier installments, merely perfunctory.
½ February 7, 2015
Unnecessary 5th installment of the Apes series that should've only contained the first, third, and fourth to make a very nice trilogy, but no...Hollywood just had to beat a dead ape by overdoing it. Yes, there is such a thing as overdoing it!
January 11, 2015
worth a watche to complete the classic apes series. Nothing wrong with this apart from budget.
December 2, 2014
Battle lays down some of the original concepts, but it still doesn't clear everything up. The plot isn't the best, but it's stable. The characters are somewhat thinner, but Caesar is still the most interesting. For the most part, the original POTA film series doesn't end with much, but this final segment still managed to be just as mildly entertaining as most of the sequels.
November 29, 2014
#5 and final one its also really cool to see century city in it's beginnings
½ October 24, 2014
Easily the worst sequel, and easily one of the worst movie battles ever!!