Battle For The Planet Of The Apes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes Reviews

½ June 20, 2017
weakest of the original series
½ May 16, 2017
Battle for the Planet of the Apes has a couple of nice, moving scenes and the ending is good, but this sequel is easily the worst in the original Apes franchise with weaker costumes, mediocre acting, weakly executed battle scenes and such a poor execution of a promising story.
May 4, 2017
I had higher hopes for this being the last film in the series, but it isn't as bad as people are saying. It's entertaining enough, even if it's lacking in originality. I wish it ended with a better sense of closure. (First and only viewing - 10/5/2014)
March 26, 2017
This one was okay. It is very exciting, but it definitely lacks dialogue.
½ March 17, 2017
story is horrible effects are horrible the worst movie in the franchise.
February 14, 2017
Powerful themes and a strong story are let down by often clumsy execution.
February 11, 2017
5th installment of the original series might be the best. Certainly the best since the original. Post nuclear war, a peaceful rural colony of humans and apes must defend itself from radiated survivors from New York City.
November 24, 2016
Just like Conquest, Battle had the potential to have been a great, ground-breaking movie but wasted their characters and storytelling about the same, continuously repeated goal of re-unification and peace through dull preaching and dull character development. But we can still thank this movie for having provided the creative writing backbone for the much better-made DAWN of the Planet of the Apes, just like we can thank Conquest for the same for RISE.

My message to fellow moviegoers who love apes, don't watch Battle, just watch the reboot Dawn of Planet of the Apes, it has a very similar story but with better special effects and better organized story and character structure.
½ November 22, 2016
Final instalment takes place in the future with apes and humans attempting to coexist but battling warmongering gorillas and mutant human survivors in the destroyed city. Has the feel of overkill for now tired series.
September 10, 2016
The steam for the Planet of the Apes franchise had obviously run out of steam a long time before this. Of all the movies in this series, this is unquestionably the redheaded stepchild. Nothing outside the bizarre and out of character ending will stick with your brain. The series should have ended with the last one, and have that one have the ending that it originally should have had before the studio stepped in. Shame.
½ July 27, 2016
With a cripling budget it's amazing that this movie is even as watchable as it is. The script is somewhat clunky and the big action scenes simply do not have the scope they require. What's there is certainly ok if taken at face value. Not a terrible movie just very "undernourished".
½ June 3, 2016
It's almost a shame to see the series come to an end, but the old adage that offers the advice that there can be too much of any good thing probably holds true here. While the series witnessed several peaks and valleys, there are certainly more peaks and plateaus than there are valleys, and Battle for the Planet of the Apes certainly concludes the series on an upward slope. With a strong story that ties the previous films together and leaves viewers with a more uplifting and hopeful ending than those concluding the previous films, Battle proudly stands tall as a fine entry in and a fitting conclusion to the series.
½ February 21, 2016
The last and final film in the original series is Battle for the Planet of the Apes. The film depicts Caeser as the lead of the apes as he raises his son, and tries to maintain peace with the humans and an aggressive gorilla named General Aldo. This film was pretty boring, and was a disappointing ending to the series. The films for the most got got progressively worse and less original, and this film embodied all of these aspects.
½ February 8, 2016
One of the all-time worst sequels. Too preachy and more apparent on repeated viewings that the screenplay is childish and laughable.
½ January 22, 2016
This fifht and final movie of the original series sadly does not end in the way we wanted and/or expected. It moves fast from very cheesy to very griddy scenes, get extremely confusing at some points, and fails completely in storytelling. I still enjoy it throughout, but when you have to talk yourself into watching a movie, it is never a good sign.
½ December 23, 2015
Maybe it's just that it's difficult to maintain interest for this long in a series. Three films is a challenge, five almost an impossibility. Sure, by now we get it. There's a good element and a bad. Here's we've got the gorillas and the "underground' humans taking on the bad element, and there's just not much to be done. But as one knows or feels throughout, you know it's the humans who are the worst element of all, for they are the one's that ultimately end civilization. There's also and issue here with budget. This has more of a feel of a college film than a successful franchise film. Fox was trying to cut corners to extend profits, short-changing viewers in return. Ah, but isn't that just like those evil humans?
½ December 9, 2015
Flojisimo fin de saga, mal dirigida, acción terrible y más propio de un episodio televisivo que un nombre con tanto lustre.
August 4, 2015
The final installment, I guess they were cranking these out a little to fast since it appears that fans at the time weren't into this one. Most people I know that made it past the shitty 3rd movie liked this one the best of the five (mine's the 4th) but yeah it's time to put humans in their proper place! Stupid fucking humans!
½ July 17, 2015
A weak Caesar with weak acting. The movie ends with peace between humans yet we know that humans are captured 600 years later. It continues its plot holes just like all the other sequels. It does have a fun battle scene, and it's watchable.
½ May 5, 2015
Better than the last sequel; it held my interest, but I can't say its that good.