Battle in Outer Space (Uchű daisens˘) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Battle in Outer Space (Uchű daisens˘) Reviews

May 7, 2017
Great addition to Toho's science fiction films has impressive and colorful special effects from Eiji Tsurbaya.
Even though it does get a little dull at some parts, it remains another underrated Toho classic.
December 17, 2015
Many (as do I) believe George Lucas may have watched this before coming up with Star Wars (only he knows and I am not asking). I'm sort of surprised at the 34% rating. This is a 1959 flick with a lot going for it. I saw it as a kid and was mesmerized (heck, never forgot about). Decades later, with the help of the internet I finally figured out the title and found it on DVD to buy. I cannot recommend you buy (I'm glad I did), but if you can watch it is worth it for an early look to the past which did help to shape the future of Sci-Fi movies. You will see a bit of 'Star Wars' (battle scenes) in this movie.
August 5, 2014
an ok movie has some good moments
½ April 14, 2014
Toho at it's finest! Beautiful miniature work. Amazing score. After watching the final battle, you can see where George Lucas, probably, got some inspiration for his climatic Battle of Yavin in the original Star Wars.
½ September 14, 2013
Nations of the world unite against outer space invaders coming at us in TohoScope! It's unfortunately a pretty dull film that is really only of interest if you're into 1960s miniature special effects fan. Watch miniatures of San Francisco and New York destroyed along with lots of space battles (as you'd guess from the title).
½ May 4, 2012
This one I loved....it has everything in it.....it must have been pretty mind blowing at the time also.
½ May 4, 2012
This one I loved....has everything in it.
March 20, 2012
Bit of a sequel to The Mysterians but there aren't any kaiju or giant mecha and the story is a bit bland. Some decent characters and sci-fi battles, but nothing great.
½ May 30, 2011
Great old time Godzilla musical score and some good battle scenes for the era it was made. The aliens themselves were a little lackluster, but not a bad little sci-fi flick. Any fan of Inoshiro Honda movies will like this one.
December 20, 2010
Long, tedious, and boring, even for a 90 minute film.
September 11, 2010
Dull sci-fi B-movie from Toho Studios
½ August 5, 2010
A fun interstellar battle film from Japanese b-movie sci-fi master Ishiro Honda. A nice deviation from Honda's typical Kaiju fare, Battle in Outer Space feels more like an American 1950s sci-fi film, and it is directed with Honda's particular flare for the genre.
July 21, 2010
A bit of a ridiculous ride, that seemed to inspire (or at least elements to steal from) for the Armageddon movie. Aliens are making life difficult for The People Of Earth, so 2 groups of scientists in two rockets are dispatched to the Alien's hiding spot on the moon to blow it up. They do just that, and then we think it's the end, but for some odd reason it isnt. Looks like an additional 15 mins were added on from outtakes and, from what it looks like, a russian sci-fi movie (!!) to pad the whole thing out, which in combination, is unneccessary and hilarious at the same time. Fascinating to watch for that, and yes, the Armageddon comparisons.
½ April 12, 2010
April 4, 2010
Nice music by Ifukube. Invading e/ts use mindcontrol to stir up earth ppl and then the UN sends a posse to the moon where they have a base. Then the e/ts attack earth and stuff blows up. The middle eastern dude is their first minion on earth! he tries to sabotage everyone who have no idea he works for Them.
December 29, 2009