Battle Planet Reviews

• Oct 09, 2012

The suit is flawed, LOL...Just like the movie. Low, low budget yawn about a solider picked for a mission that doesn't seem to be a mission. The whole thing turns out to be (spoiler alert) a devious test of the suit and how long the wearer can survive and so on...The acting was poor, the plot started off good but got boring real quick..."C" movie material all the way.

• May 21, 2012

As low budget movies go, and aside from a couple of terrible minor actors, this turned out pretty good.

• Oct 11, 2010

The costumes weren't bad, but everything else looked cheap. The two main actors weren't bad either, but everyone else was just god awful. The plot wasn't horrible. The suit pretty much controlled the guy giving him drugs to keep him moving and making him do what it wanted. I thought that was a cleaver take. But this movie just didn't have enough going to keep it an enjoyable movie. It could have been good, but it just wasn't.

• Oct 06, 2010

I took a suggestion form a customer and he sure sold this one...it wasn't horribly bad..just bad. There were decent action sequences and it does have Brea Grant from Heroes...yeah I had to see her picture to know who the heck she was.

• Nov 19, 2009

A fun, very solid B-movie with some silly aliens and the main guy's suit looks very 'Halo'-ish. It steals from a ton of other sci-fi, but makes it's own (sort of).

• Aug 27, 2009

Terrible plot and bad acting, but what more can u expect from this D-Grade flick. Most annoying part of the whole thing is how the main character spends almost the whole movie talking to himself inside his suit.

• Luke B Super Reviewer
    Aug 22, 2009

Definitely trying to capitalise on the likes of Halo, District 9, G.I.Joe and Avatar with it's mecha-suit type thing. The plot is quite interesting for such a low-budget TV movie. A soldier is sent to a planet to assassinate a rival, only to discover he is just a test of a prototype and will eventually be exterminated himself. It does a lot with it's budget and the alien creatures don't look too bad. Eventually, the obvious earth settings and predictable dialogue take their toll. The film does have a very brave and impressive ending, refusing to compromise and pull a third act twist out of it's ass.

• Jul 24, 2009

I thought this was a piss take on sci-fi films...until I realised it was a serious attempt at film making. Seriously, I like B grade films. However this wasn't even C grade.

• Mar 21, 2009

Big Budget B-movie (BBB). If it wasn't for a few words and a voyeur scene, this could be shown on a Saturday morning to older kids. Two main characters didn't do so bad all things considered (Monica May should be added to the cast...she's one of the two main character even though we don't see her face during the movie - alien makeup).

• Mar 11, 2009