Bawarchi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bawarchi Reviews

September 21, 2010
Awesome movie depicting India's joint family culture of 70's....
September 20, 2010
Classic cinema from the 70's - awesome family entertainment ...! Why cant anyone make movies like this one .... ?
August 3, 2010
One of my FAVs, All Time :)
In modern times One Govinda-Karsihma starrer (Can't even remember it's name... One song was "Tere baap ke Darr Se") and One Sanjay Dutt-Urmila Matondkar (Khubsoorat) were versions of this classic Rajesh Khanna-Jaya Bhaduri aka Bachchan, H.N. Chattopadhyaya, Asrani entertainer. Still I see it occaisionally.
½ April 5, 2009
simplicity of life with lot of affection
January 6, 2009
one of my all time favourites!
July 25, 2008
Hrishikesh mukherjee had always hit the right notes at the right time....the way the messages were conveyed and the way the movie hilarious in every possible way makes it an evergreen one!!
July 14, 2008
Very Very good movie.
March 11, 2008
Simple, thoughtful, and entertaining - a typical Hrishikesh Mukherjee classic.
½ February 17, 2008
Well moi nani...asked me to see this one....Real nice ...
½ February 13, 2008
Great movie which tries to unite the typical Indian joint family living
½ February 8, 2008
I haven't seen too many old Hindi films, but I think I lucked out with this one -- a great little classic film. Not Bollywood masala "timepass" nor overly patriotic, but shows a traditional Indian family with a simple but needed message for everyone.
½ January 7, 2008
The realism in this threw me off in a good way. Its red herrings make it even more fun. This needs another viewing due to tiredness.
½ December 24, 2007
Rajesh khanna is the real superstar of india, no actor can be compared with his acting till today. He is greatest of all
½ November 13, 2007
The only other movie (the first being Anand) where I have enjoyed Rajesh Khanna's performances. It remains one of my favourite movies of all time. It offers some interesting lessons for life with great humorous relief. The performances of everyone (including the supporting cast) is superb. Repeated viewings recommended.
November 13, 2007
One of the Bravo performance we can ever see in big screen....n most importantly wht mssg it will pass.... ur superb man.... :)
October 27, 2007
truly unique piece from bollywood..
October 26, 2007
Best performance from Rajesh Khanna. Great direction from Hrishikesh Mukherjee
October 25, 2007
Hero no.1 and this films are good light comedy.
½ October 24, 2007
Fantastic movie. Hrishikesh Mukherjee made movies about families that an average Indian family would identify with, as opposed to the badjatyas and the like, whose movies have overwhelming sets and colors and no substance in the story. But why did I even bother bringing that up? There is no comparison!!