Be With You (Ima, ai ni yukimasu) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Be With You (Ima, ai ni yukimasu) Reviews

September 8, 2014
One of the best Japanese movie I have ever encountered. This drama mixes love, family values, and life philosophy perfectly, in such a way that a realistic fairy tale story would. The pace might be a little slow, as most Asian movies are, but the story is so good, you have no choice but get immersed in it. If you want to start watching Japanese dramas, I strongly encourage you to see this one.
June 9, 2013
The perfect title for this movie should be "rainy season"
March 3, 2013
Pertama bingung... terus aku suka sekali akan cinta mereka. (only in the movie... hiks)
November 14, 2012
Oh geeze...after i saw the recomendation here...i went and watched it immeadiately...then proceeded to cry...a ...bit...
but it was verrry good...well worth it!^^
November 12, 2012
feel-goodish family/romance movie mixed up with a bit of mystery. too bad, the twist ending is kinda lame.
October 12, 2012
this movie.... wow. i was a blubbering mess. i can't even count the amount of times i cried, because i never STOPPED crying. it's so well done though, that's it's in a class of it's own. a true masterpiece.
½ September 15, 2012
one of the most touching movie I have ever seen.. although it is unrealistic but at one certain point this movie has a message to the audience to believe in miracles.. this is probably one of my favorite movie list..
May 9, 2012
BWY is the most delicate movie I've ever seen. There is no forced scene that tries to bring the tear out of your eyes, but you just can't help overwhelming and crying when the movie touch to the core of human being "love". The story was very well plotted. The ending is stunning. I just can't ask for more from this movie. That is why I rate this movie as the best in its genre.
April 13, 2012
Re-watching it after so many years. still so perfect in concept, execution, and tender-loving romance and family love. Immaculately beautiful cinematography and heart-wrenching conclusion.
October 29, 2011
It's a beautiful movie.
September 11, 2011
Everything was good with the premise, but the final part... (spoiler alert) was like, really, you must be kidding. I dont know whats the obsession of the Japanese with time travel, that ruined, to me, the movie completely.
April 18, 2011
A fantastic Asian movie. I recommend it to those who like romantic dramas. I think it is unnecessarily long but not boring. A cute Japanese nuclear family...An engaging story and relaxing calmness of the film... I like it !
April 3, 2011
A great movie, which borders on the fantastic and the poetic, as Mio returns from the dead to her family for the rainy season, and learns again to love her husband and son. Full of good feelings, not in an annoying heavy Hollywood way, but in what is maybe a Japanese, subtle and light manner. The last part of the movie brings new surprises and gives sense to the story, making it complete in a way that few movies achieve.
The little boy plays wonderfully and all is perfect--until the music cover at the end of the movie.
February 13, 2011
Very touching movie, Shido Nakamura plays well. The little boy is really cute.
½ January 21, 2011
Guy lives with girl and son, girl dies, girl reappears the following rainy season and starts living back with them with no recollection of dying. He's not too keen on telling her that. Interesting story of "what would you do?"
January 9, 2011
A very touching love drama and my favorite Japanese movie!
½ October 31, 2010
One of best Asian movies I have watched, touching romantic story. Shows what a real relationships should be...
½ August 15, 2010
Time warp fantasy that got a little too garbled at the end.
July 30, 2010