Be Cool - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Be Cool Reviews

April 4, 2015
That's a real movie
I don't understand what the movie reviewers are smoking but I find their reviews less and less reliable
March 15, 2015
So many actors & actresses which makes it interesting and Vince Vaughn trying to be black is hilarious!
January 31, 2015
A bunch of stars in a movie does not guarantee a hit, or even a good movie. And Vince Vaughn should really consider having this movie buried next to those ET video games in the desert.
½ January 31, 2015
The movie is funny in general, but The Rock as a gay bodyguard, priceless.
January 24, 2015
Great cast but the humor is lacking in areas. I feel if they took their time this could have been a great film.
January 8, 2015
Travolta & Una Meet Again, Altho This Time, As Oppose To Last (Pulp Fiction) The Vibe Just Ain't As Good. Didn't Know What It Was Trying To Be So Thus It Aimlessly Ambles To A Vague, Meanlingless Ending.
½ November 10, 2014
Well acted and interesting, but no funny for this genre, weak argument and a little predictable.
July 26, 2014
Funny as hell a lot getter then Get Shorty
½ July 21, 2014
1/10
Hate this movie, i remember how pissed off i was, boring af
June 18, 2014
Unwatchable despite fine cast
June 9, 2014
You'd better be bored.
May 4, 2014
Je voulais comprendre pourquoi ce film avec tant de bons acteurs, ici, je ne parle pas de Christian Milan, avait √ (C)t√ (C) un grand navet... J'ai compris ! L'histoire comme les dialogues comme l'ensemble de l'√..."uvre ne m√¬®ne √¬† absolument rien. Comment ce projet a-t-il pu √¬™tre accept√ (C) et encore pire, comment autant de gens avec autant de talents, ici, je ne parle pas de Christina Milian, ont pu embarqu√ (C) dans ce film. Une chance que le personnage de The Rock est la pour nous faire rire.
½ February 7, 2014
Just awful. Pointless sequel has none of the charm of "Get Shorty." Only James Woods is worth watching in this, and he's dead after the first five minutes.
January 23, 2014
If this movie stood alone I think it would have fared better. However it followed Get Shorty which in my opinon is a classic. This sequel didn't have the same flare and Coolness to even be in the same park as the original. An A list cast is the only thing that saves this dud.
½ December 24, 2013
How did this film get such a subpar rating? I think this is the most hilarious I've ever seen Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
½ November 20, 2013
ok fine the script is weak but this movie is very character driven also survives on its cameos and there isnt anything wrong with that at all its a blast to wattch and is hilarious every character does there role just simply perfect
September 29, 2013
Add a Review (Optional)
September 4, 2013
As I remember, it didn't compare to Get Shorty, but that doesn't say much. Cliched and poorly cast against Leonard's novel.
½ August 17, 2013
So much for sequels, you can throw this out right out the window, but I have to say the Gay version of The Rock, really had me for a load of laughs.
August 4, 2013
It's never a good sign when Brett Ratner pulls out as a film's director. "Get Shorty" was kind of an R-rated, family friendly version of "Pulp Fiction." This sequel to "Get Short" plays more like a waterbed down TV spinoff (with a great cast). Where "Get Shorty" had a great energy to it and was darkly funny, this film is just dull and only manages a few funny moments. What's worse is this film tries to focus solely on comedy and wastes a terrific cast. John Travolta and Uma Thurman, nowhere as cool as they were in "Pulp Fiction," can't even generate much energy with this dull story of Chili Palmer getting into the music industry as he did the film industry in the first film. Chili helps a Beyoncť Knowles-like singer get out of her Destiny's Child-like contract with a crooked record company. However, if anyone survives this mess, I'd say it was Vince Vaughan and Dwayne Johnson who consistently provided laughs during their scenes. Elmore Leonard only had a handful of successful film adaptations of his books and Scott Frank wrote two of them, "Get Shorty" and "Out of Sight." This film sorely misses Frank and director Barry Sonnenfeld.