Be Cool - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Be Cool Reviews

½ November 10, 2014
Well acted and interesting, but no funny for this genre, weak argument and a little predictable.
½ November 10, 2014
July 26, 2014
Funny as hell a lot getter then Get Shorty
½ July 21, 2014
1/10
Hate this movie, i remember how pissed off i was, boring af
June 18, 2014
Unwatchable despite fine cast
June 9, 2014
You'd better be bored.
May 4, 2014
Je voulais comprendre pourquoi ce film avec tant de bons acteurs, ici, je ne parle pas de Christian Milan, avait √ (C)t√ (C) un grand navet... J'ai compris ! L'histoire comme les dialogues comme l'ensemble de l'√..."uvre ne m√¬®ne √¬† absolument rien. Comment ce projet a-t-il pu √¬™tre accept√ (C) et encore pire, comment autant de gens avec autant de talents, ici, je ne parle pas de Christina Milian, ont pu embarqu√ (C) dans ce film. Une chance que le personnage de The Rock est la pour nous faire rire.
½ February 7, 2014
Just awful. Pointless sequel has none of the charm of "Get Shorty." Only James Woods is worth watching in this, and he's dead after the first five minutes.
January 23, 2014
If this movie stood alone I think it would have fared better. However it followed Get Shorty which in my opinon is a classic. This sequel didn't have the same flare and Coolness to even be in the same park as the original. An A list cast is the only thing that saves this dud.
½ December 24, 2013
How did this film get such a subpar rating? I think this is the most hilarious I've ever seen Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
½ November 20, 2013
ok fine the script is weak but this movie is very character driven also survives on its cameos and there isnt anything wrong with that at all its a blast to wattch and is hilarious every character does there role just simply perfect
September 29, 2013
Add a Review (Optional)
September 4, 2013
As I remember, it didn't compare to Get Shorty, but that doesn't say much. Cliched and poorly cast against Leonard's novel.
½ August 17, 2013
So much for sequels, you can throw this out right out the window, but I have to say the Gay version of The Rock, really had me for a load of laughs.
August 4, 2013
It's never a good sign when Brett Ratner pulls out as a film's director. "Get Shorty" was kind of an R-rated, family friendly version of "Pulp Fiction." This sequel to "Get Short" plays more like a waterbed down TV spinoff (with a great cast). Where "Get Shorty" had a great energy to it and was darkly funny, this film is just dull and only manages a few funny moments. What's worse is this film tries to focus solely on comedy and wastes a terrific cast. John Travolta and Uma Thurman, nowhere as cool as they were in "Pulp Fiction," can't even generate much energy with this dull story of Chili Palmer getting into the music industry as he did the film industry in the first film. Chili helps a Beyoncť Knowles-like singer get out of her Destiny's Child-like contract with a crooked record company. However, if anyone survives this mess, I'd say it was Vince Vaughan and Dwayne Johnson who consistently provided laughs during their scenes. Elmore Leonard only had a handful of successful film adaptations of his books and Scott Frank wrote two of them, "Get Shorty" and "Out of Sight." This film sorely misses Frank and director Barry Sonnenfeld.
July 27, 2013
It has a dynamic cast of actors, musicians and entertainers, but Be Cool can't deliver from the amount of starpower it possessed. The film is bland and has a giggle every now and then, but otherwise, just flat. 2/5
½ July 10, 2013
Aunque entretenida, no llega a divertir tanto como su predecesora.
June 17, 2013
Simply put its very funny.
June 16, 2013
As a movie, it fails epically. As a sequel to Get Shorty, it makes me very, very angry.
June 12, 2013
not a good sequel.
the 3rd star is for The Rock. :-)