Be With Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Be With Me Reviews

November 30, 2014
A splitted, multi-narrative film from Singapore, where the stories are not that much connected. A very silent film with few words. We do have more text here, when we follow a blind and deaf lady. She tells stories while we watch other scenes - a bit hard to hang on to, to be honest. The characters are cool, the three individual stories are also cool, but the combinations are not that great.
It's a film that does not give me much. It's does not look especially pretty, it's not thrilling or sad, the plot is not all that either. It's quite artsy, but this is not how I like my artsy films. It has it's moments, though, but they are not big enough to save it. I like some details, the genuinity and some of the actions the leads do. Twists of love can be as wide as they can be narrow - this film is failing to capture the point that it's trying to make and tell us.

4 out of 10 braille newspapers.
July 17, 2013
There are three stories and there are three themes -- communication, love, and Theresa Chan (though she embodies the other two). Chan's story is terrific (in an inspiring sense), and her scenes, especially the final one, speak to her grace and her ability to overcome great challenges. All the senses are engaged, even if only through the actor's experiences. This is a real treat (though the editing can be seen as clunky at times).
May 25, 2013
one of the most underrated films of all time.
½ February 11, 2013
This film is far from being simply an "art" film, it is a fim of heart . It's both metaphysical and emotional. Brilliant!
ElCochran90
December 31, 2012
Beautiful! I missed so much using that word accordingly. "Cinema is a visual art", this Singapore masterpiece by Eric Khoo screams at us suddenly with brief moments of the harshness of life, which can never be denied. You may argue with either the narrative structure (true, it exists since silent features) and with the topic that makes circulate every story in order to interact with an endlessly inter-connected world: love. Now I say to you: Bring me a better sample of the same decade with the same focus handled with such subtlety, inspiration and honesty, and I'll gladly discuss openly.

97/100
October 15, 2012
this is a master piece... for a long time I havent watched such a good movie.
½ June 11, 2012
Loved this movie. I've always believed that a movie doesn't need much dialogue to feel what the director wants you to feel. Pretty indie, pretty awesome.
½ August 19, 2011
Sometimes clumsy and dry, always sympathetic, and wryly interested in the impact food has on social intercourse, Be With Me is eventually affecting once its elliptical shape becomes clear.
July 3, 2011
This is a very beautiful and touching movie, based on 3 different stories, centered around the real story of Theresa Chan, who can't hear and can't see. It's not a feel-good-movie but it may teach you the meaning of true love.
March 14, 2011
This is a beautiful film. Great storytelling masterfully woven together. Sensuous cinematography immerses you into the everyday experiences of these characters. (In the cooking scenes, you can practically smell the meat sizzling in the wok).
January 15, 2011
Hard for me to believe how this film captivates our minds and gracefully slows and focuses our attention to being mesmerized by the tender beauty and mercies of daily life. It fascinated me that I (my husband too) became so fully absorbed each moment.
½ December 2, 2010
for the 4 out of 10 ppl that stick it out to the end despite the super slow pace.. extremely moving.
lesleyanorton
July 20, 2010
One man dares not meet a woman he's messaged online, a girl sends desperate texts to her ex-lover, an older deaf and mute woman only hears through touch. A beautiiful triplet of stories about love, love looked for, love lost, and love maybe found, communicated every which way apart from. speech, and more resonant than a million pat celluloid romances.
July 3, 2010
Forget Jack Neo. Eric Khoo has always been S'pore preeminent director.
May 21, 2010
A heart-stopping rendition to love - simple, precise, priceless.
March 14, 2010
LETTERBOX. Conmovedora y lírica variante de las películas "inspiradoras", con un tono más sombrío y exenta de discursos triunfalistas. / Moving and lyrical variation on "inspirational" movies, with a tone more somber and devoid of triumphalist discourse.
February 8, 2010
The film begins with words pecked out on an old manual typewriter: â??Is true love truly there, my love? Yes, if your warm heart is"

full of loneliness and sadness.. i was in tears by the end. but this movie, has an amazing rhythm and beautiful images.
February 6, 2010
1. MEANT TO BE
2. SO IN LOVE
3. FINDING LOVE

Top Greatest Silent Films.
find it! find your love life!
jimbotender
January 6, 2010
Lyrical,soft as the white snow,partially brutal but that's just my metaphorical enthusiasm.Theresa Poh Lin Chan as the real individual amidst fictional tales of love,the hunt for love or simply eternal love.Yeah,the plot is familiar you'll protest...sure,if one scratches the surface and realizes miss Theresa's inabilities are but her unique breath whereas the ones who can see and hear are the shamefully crippled.
September 24, 2009
An unusual film with almost zero dialogue. But the sequences of moving images were well crafted.