Beach Blanket Bingo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beach Blanket Bingo Reviews

April 3, 2017
A fun watch but now that we are 4 or 5 movies in, you wonder why Annette still puts up with Frankie.
½ April 13, 2016
There's nothing like watching a 60's movie that just revels in its inanity and goofiness. Even considering how much of this film was already stereotypical even at the time, it really does everything it can to be interesting at all times. Things winding down a bit? Make a doofus get in a relationship with a mermaid. Not enough action? Make a biker kidnap a girl and try to saw her in half. And make sure you have songs and corny jokes at all times!
½ May 3, 2014
My favorite of the Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello Beach Party films. These films are all pretty interchangeable, but I think I like this one better because Timothy Carey is extra bizarre in his role this time (tying Linda Evans to a log and sending her toward a buzz saw on a conveyor belt), that there's super cute, super young Linda Evans, and there are a couple songs that are way too catchy ("I Think, You Think" for sure). The rest of the film is pretty stander and silly. Don Rickles, Paul Lynde, Harvey Lembeck as Eric Von Zipper and Buster Keaton seriously slumming it in these films. Still, I really to enjoy these ridiculous films.
½ January 27, 2014
While it is certainly glad to know the teen movie genre has veered off from the teen angst kind of plot and focuses more on the "fun", Beach Blanket Bingo unfortunately proves to be nonsensical, over-the-top and a very scattered teen beach movie.
October 7, 2013
Like all the Beach Party movies, this is a motley collection of comedy linked by some rather mediocre songs. This one is one of the strongest of the series due to the presence of Paul Lynde, Don Rickles and series regulars Timothy Carey and Buster Keaton. Unfortunately Harvey Lembeck, by far the worst part of this series, has a really large part in it too.
August 12, 2013
stupid nonsensical fun. nothing better then 60's girls dancing around in bikinis for 90 min. A lot of jokes that fall flat and bad musical numbers, but what can i say i was entertained.
July 8, 2013
There is absolutely no plot, just mermaids, bikers, and half naked teenagers dancing and singing their way through life. That is why I had a fun time watching this silly comedy.

Grade: B-
April 14, 2013
Cornball comedy your bag? Plenty of it here as Von Zipper and his gang of fools kidnap a girl singer that Eric falls for.Meanwhile, Bonehead is falling for a mermaid, while Frankie and Annette are staying jealous of each other, as usual. Lots of singing and shaking out of the 30 year old "teens" keeps the action going, while Paul Lynde makes faces and gags it up. A dumber film would be hard to find, but I still found myself laughing at this really, really stupid picture. Eric Von Zipper made it well worth seeing, as did Lynde, one of my all time favorite comics.
April 13, 2013
how can i watch this movie
December 7, 2012
Worth watching want to see!
½ October 29, 2012
I used to love this movie. I should watch it again.
½ September 3, 2012
I'm a sucker for these movies because I watched them as a kid with my mom and dad!
June 21, 2012
the one that started it all
February 14, 2012
More of the same, but with a mermaid.
½ November 4, 2011
This is just garbage, that has that awful stench of the 60's... oh Lord, how it manages not to kill me instantly. I can write an essay on how godawful this film is, but I'd rather not and save my time.
September 2, 2011
Gotta love kitchy retro movies!
½ August 30, 2011
Funny Funny Funny - this is the Beach movie that I remember the most. It's silly, but very well done. I have run out of things to say about the Beach movies - they are all equally funny and fun.
½ July 24, 2011
One of the 2,000+ beach musicals Frankie and Annettte put out during the 60s. As Ive often said, if THIS is what beach life was like during my parents teenage years then I am glad I wasnt around then. Not sure what I found more annoying about these movies, Frankie's helmet hair or the Dick Dale soundtrack. At least when Elvis did one of these he used his own songs. Dick Dale just rehashed the same guitar riff over and over again. It was like a death metal band, minus the death metal.
December 6, 2010
Yes, it's another predictable, silly, stupid "Beach" movie! No surprises here.
October 29, 2010
Beach Blanket Bingo is a movie that was part of a series of films that came out in the 60s. Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello star as Frankie and DeeDee, two teens who are dating. Highjinks ensue throughout the movie as there is the occasional song, a gang of thugs, a mermaid, and skidiving involved.If you are interested in the 60s beach films that came out, check this one out.