Beach Blanket Bingo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beach Blanket Bingo Reviews

October 29, 2010
You cant help but love these nostalgic musical surf movies starring the lovely Annette Funnicello and teen idol Frankie Avalon. An enjoyable film forget the campiness this is pure fun.
½ October 29, 2010
Beach Blanket Bingo is a movie that was part of a series of films that came out in the 60s. Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello star as Frankie and DeeDee, two teens who are dating. Highjinks ensue throughout the movie as there is the occasional song, a gang of thugs, a mermaid, and skidiving involved.If you are interested in the 60s beach films that came out, check this one out.
October 10, 2010
my good old days lol
September 8, 2010
BEACH BLANKET BINGO (1965)
August 22, 2010
It seems this was always regarded as the 'best' of the Annette and Frankie beach movies by some - I'd hate to see the worst! More of a time capsule than a comedy, this innocent piece of fluff will invoke nostalgia (for those old enough to remember those times) rather than genuine laughs. Most of the chuckles comes from the original master of snark, Paul Lynde. Screenplay resembles the plot from an Archie comic book, something to do with Linda Evans as a singer kidnapped by inept motorcycle gangleader Eric Von Zipper (Lembeck), who engages in more comic pratfalls than a Hanna-Barbara character (complete with sound effects). Frankie and Annette end up proving their faithfulness by jumping out of an airplane, and oh yeah, there's a bit about a guy who falls in love with a mermaid (far out!) Probably the whitest cast in the history of film, but at least it has Bobbi Shaw in a fur-lined bikini!
July 11, 2010
G and I love a 60's beach movie!
That's the name of the game!!!
May 28, 2010
I enjoy watching this movie. Frankie Avalon is so cute. I wish I could have been a teenager back in those days. It would be so much fun.
½ December 21, 2009
Terrible movie. Terrible, terrible, terrible movie. Don't get me wrong, maybe if you and your friends were high off of Dr. Pepper, Oreos, and Puffy-Twisted Cheetos, then maybe this movie would offer some good laughs. But the laughs are brought out not because the movie provides hilarious conflicts and comedic characters. You'd be laughing at them, not with them, and there is only so much laughter for mockery until your mind works out the logic of how utterly moronic and pointless this movie can be and your tears of laughter become tears of pain and grief. Pain for the crew who made this movie. The pain knowing they had to come everyday just to work on a film with complete foresight that their hard work was in vain. Grief for the audience that saw this movie when it was released. I cant understand how any generation wants to be painted like this. Dancing on the beach... all day, dancing at the club... all night, kissing your guy/gal while free falling with a parachute, having an endless amount of finances... with no job BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO BUSY DANCING ON THE BEACH. How in the world did Frankie and Annette make so many of these films?
By the way, I don't believe Bonnie was flirting with Frankie just to get Steve's attention. If that were so she would have been eying Steve to see if he was jealous which he ALWAYS WAS and she never eyed him. She only had eyes for Frankie who had eyes for Sugar but somehow he ends the movie with Annette. Probably because she's paid bigger bucks by the Disney Corporation.
½ November 8, 2009
I quite enjoyed this old movie from the 60's. I have been meaning to check it out for a long time as it has been referenced and made fun of in many movies.
½ November 8, 2009
A window of time trnasporting us back to the most innocent period of films. Not a piece of art, but a classic.
September 20, 2009
** (out of four)

Some consider this the best of the Beach movies of the 1960's. I'm not sure I'd go out on a limb on that, but you do get what you expect with the typical romance from Frankie and Annette, plus lots of sun, and surfing.
August 15, 2009
A classic for nostalgia and oldie music buffs alike. The acting was kind of wooden and insincere, but the movie was alot of fun to watch.
August 2, 2009
I'm not going to hide it, I dug this film a lot. If swingin' music, hot chicks in bikinis, pansy ass biker gangs, mermaids and wacky high jinks are up your alley; I think you'll like it too.
½ July 26, 2009
A MUST SEE FOR ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH OR INTERESTED IN THE '60s....IT COVERED IT ALL MUSIC, TRENDS, EVEN CAUGHT THE GENERAL ATTITUDE OF "US" BACK THEN... ACTION AND ROMANCE COVERED IN MANY WAYS FROM WORDS TO DEEDS.. YOU WILL LAUGH, & CRY BUT LEAVE THE MOVIE WITH A GOOD FEELING...
June 30, 2009
its a great movie singing dancing boys has girl boy loses girl boy fights for girls boy gets girl one of the best in its time nothing more you can ask for a great movie its a must see if you havent. Frankie and Annette a great team the prefect couple back in the day love this movie
June 16, 2009
I can't believe I actually finished watching the movie.
½ May 25, 2009
No one can tell you that these aren't fun to watch.
April 12, 2009
Fast-paced, funny, and totally entertaining. The beach party cycle (if it can be called that) would be a perfectly acceptable desert-island selection in my book. And that's not just because I have an insane crush on Annette Funicello.
April 6, 2009
i love frankie avalon hes soooooooooo cute!
March 30, 2009
Fun, funny, but brainless, BEACH BLANKET BINGO features those '60s teen sensations Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello. There's dancing on the beach, a mermaid, bikers, skydiving, and Buster Keaton. Yes, Buster Keaton in a hilarious side role. The film has plenty of groovy music to get you moving, but little to nothing in the way of creativity.