Cachorro Reviews

• Jun 03, 2020

While completely imperfect and double-dipping in melodrama, and full of non professional actors as extras or even supporting characters (aside of the star, and some supporting players, the movie plays almost as a who-is-who of the Madrid gay bear scene of the time), the film is actually quite unique, unexpected and unpreachy... my only big complaint is how evil is Empar Ferrer's character, which distracts of the own starring character's faults and flaws, which is what ultimately makes him a balanced, believable character. José Luis García Pérez is fantastic, and also Elvira Lindo in a small role, in which she sounds like a young Chus Lampreave. Beware of some graphic scenes, this is not a movie aimed to children, despite featuring one as center and focus of the story.

• Jul 13, 2014

Earnest but overly sentimental.

Earnest but overly sentimental.

• Aug 19, 2013

A pesar de sus errores en el guion, el film goza de multiples aciertos visuales, narrativos y a nivel direccion.

• Feb 14, 2013

(** 1/2): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon13.gif[/img]

• Sep 25, 2012

Gay Life from a different angle, that one from the Bear Community. Marvelous !!!

• Aug 10, 2012

endearing Spanish film focusing more on human relationships rather than just the "oso" culture in Madrid..ending was a bit abrupt and leaves the viewer hanging so 4 out of 5

• Jun 03, 2012

Muy buen argumento, buenas actuaciones!! Es una historia tragi-cómica, bien realizada. Bastante drama y un poco de acidez! Recomendada para mente abierta!!

• Apr 04, 2012

It was decent but it was kind of more serious than I expected and I thought it was a bit over messagey and preachy.

• Dec 18, 2011

The movie had moments but I never felt too close to any character. Worse, watching on Logo means there are glaring holes in the version due to editing out of sex scenes.

• Nov 23, 2011

Incredibly maudlin, broad, and sentimental. The depiction of gay culture is a step forward I guess, but that doesn't make it a good film.