Bearcity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bearcity Reviews

½ April 20, 2011
This just can't quite decide if it's supposed to be campy or sentimental, cheesy or dirty.
March 21, 2011
I recommend this for all you bear lovers!
½ March 16, 2011
BearCity is a place I'd rather not live. The people who live there seem pretty shallow thanks to a script that concentrates more on being clever than on honest character development. I'm all for shedding light on the Bear Community (of which I am a member) but without a solid story and characters who we can care about, it all seems pretty shallow and ordinary. There's really nothing new here (boy wants true love, afraid of being mis-understood) that can't be found in any other film. These bears should stay in hibernation until they have something substantial to say.
½ March 13, 2011
l'intrigue est ponctu√ (C)e de sc√®nes assez dr√īles. C'est un bon divertissement dans son genre.
February 24, 2011
Excellant Film The Best
February 20, 2011
Funny! Watch it with friends!
February 20, 2011
A fun movie about bear culture and acceptance.
½ January 21, 2011
Not 3 bad, there was some funny parts, have had this sitting in the drawer now for a few weeks and only got to watch it this evening.
A RomCom about the Gay community / Bear community, you wont be able to rent this one, purchase only as far as i know.
January 19, 2011
esperaba algo mas esat palomera jejeje peor cave mencionar qeu sale la rola acustica de rain de jose spinnin
½ January 17, 2011
Nice to see a bear film, however it's Clunky, awkward, predictable and stuffed full of tacky stereotypes. Also feels a bit like someones first film. Has some funny lines though, and it nice to see bears in a film, instead of the usual bland plastic hollywood hunks.
January 16, 2011
I obertly declare this film " the ultimate bear movie for a chaser " . Though it has the feel of a festival oriented film, it clearly redefines the boundaries of an LGBT movie. The Background score is wonderfully placed and the soundtrack is just amazing, specially "smile for me" by Elijah Black.
½ December 27, 2010
Sex in the City with bears. A chick flick with no chicks :)
½ December 22, 2010
Aun cuando la película sufre de una ligera sobredosis de bromas orientadas al publico gay y muestra innecesariamente escenas de sexo en un tono lascivo, tiene valor al presentar (hasta cierto punto) algunos de los problemas que afrontan los individuos y las parejas dentro de la comunidad de 'osos'.
½ November 28, 2010
A coming of age story of a young guy who comes out of the ‚bear closet‚? and join a community of older big and hairy gay men. ‚BearCity‚? earns some sympathy points for a clear effort to make something joyous and fun, but those don't keep it from sinking deep and fast.

The movie is amateurish in all the wrong ways; the acting is awful, the plot unfocused to the point of nonexistant, the visuals less-than-impressive and the dialog obvious and unnatural. There are a couple of scenes that have a certain sweet energy to them, but still I felt like I was watching something that was just never ending.
½ November 26, 2010
Its pretty funny. love the scene of the threesome in the shower. but to be honest, watching two (or even three) hairy guy kissing each other is not romantic to me at all. plus whole room sit with gay couples. what a interesting experience!!!
½ November 14, 2010
Predictable but fun nonetheless. "Eating Out" in a bear suit. Characters were developed reasonably. Harmless sex jokes and hot guys(at least in the background) make it a charmer. A sequel in another city is already promised!
November 7, 2010
it's a fun film, as long as you take it as the film it is: OTT, ridiculous light take on what a bear Sex and the City would be like...
½ November 7, 2010
Mediocre at best. There are quite a few one-liners, and a couple of touching moments, else it's just cliche like most romantic comedies, only this one is gay-themed with a specific group --bears. The actors aren't so good, the photography, direction and editing are just poor. The look of it is really amateurish, more like a home video. But it's always good to look at some gorgeous bears, on both sides of the screen, the theater I was in was packed with those.
½ October 31, 2010
I was really positively surprised by BearCity! The trailer didn't do the movie justice at all. The actors were top-notch, and comedic timing was perfect most fo the time. I especially enjoyed the groupsex-gone-wrong-in-the-shower -scene, as well as the bear caricatures.

An enjoyable fun film that has a lot to say under its "light" happy surface.
½ October 31, 2010
Largely mediocre dialogue, limited performances from the romantic leads, and a cliche scenario limit the prospects for this one. There are a handful of entertaining moments as one of the pairings attempts to spice-up their relationship; in fact, that relationship is the only one that rings true. It was nice, however, to see some more natural men's bodies.