Beasts of the Southern Wild - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beasts of the Southern Wild Reviews

November 11, 2015
Definitely one of the best movies of 2013, fantastic direction and an incredibly strong performance from Quvenzhane Wallis.
½ November 8, 2015
I'm a fan of movies where strange things happen to 'normal' people. While I think this film needs a lot of time to be understood. Some of the imagery is pretty awesome, The only flaw is that it can be hard to connect to the characters and their situations as a result of the fantasy elements.
½ November 3, 2015
Very emotional and beautifully shot and acted. Definitely enjoyed this one. Stellar soundtrack also.
October 22, 2015
Raw, sad, imaginative and poetically beautiful. A fresh original.
October 3, 2015
Carefully and beautifully written, professionally filmed and an overtly imaginative journey, Beasts of the Southern Wild is fantastically joyful and heart-warming with emotional feeling, dazzling direction and a great performances by the cast, but not as sustaining and powerful as the Oscar-nominated Quvenzhane Wallis.
September 5, 2015
A strangely different and slightly magical film.
August 29, 2015
WOW......WOW....WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SUCH A BEAUTIFUL, BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A FANTASTIC CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT IS SUCH A POWERFUL DRAMA MOVIE 2 WATCH, BUT IT IS SUCH A BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A SUPERB CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......
½ August 7, 2015
Beasts of the Southern Wild is a well made movie with great acting and incredible visuals, but can be quite jumpy, complex, and hard to fallow . The movie is told through the eyes of a young girl named Hush Puppy who lives with her father in a small community they call bathtub.
August 3, 2015
Beasts of the Southern Wild is a wonderful, fantastic, and devastating adventure that's certainly a must see experience!
½ July 28, 2015
Quvenzhane Wallis is awe-inspiring.
July 26, 2015
Touching and beautiful movie.
June 28, 2015
Truly fantastic directing and an occasionally interesting script couldn't save this movie from feeling like anything more than a pleasant little journey that'll keep you mildly entertained for an hour and a half.
June 18, 2015
Very original and beautifully shot, but sometimes seems a bit non-cohesive. Wallis deserved her Academy Award nomination though.
June 6, 2015
"No llorar" una promesa difícil de cumplir con esta historia, llena de lindos momentos entre tanta adversidad y con una niña que es una guerrera.
June 6, 2015
A genuine film shown from the perspective of a child.
½ June 3, 2015
Fix the smallest piece.
May 25, 2015
"When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me lying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard, it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece in a big, big universe. And that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy, and she live with her daddy in the Bathtub." - Hushpuppy (my new favourite protagonist starring in my latest favourite film).
May 16, 2015
I really want to seem t his movie
April 13, 2015