Magical Mystery Tour - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Magical Mystery Tour Reviews

½ September 16, 2012
This movie is alright, I live the Beatles, and the songs, but this movie just makes no sense, whatsoever
September 2, 2012
fun in the psychadelic sixties
September 1, 2012
Great Film, First of all the reason why the acting was bad and its got Rotten Tomato is because the script was an A4 piece of paper with a circle. Paul gave the paper to john and said "This is the script, we will make the film up on the way". This film was only for fun and personally i think it was brilliant.
August 26, 2012
Different, but still The Beatles!
August 12, 2012
I think this movie is a crazy representation of every thing the Beatles loved. It's insane and a little crazy.
August 7, 2012
Almost not a movie. More like a bus "Trip" that has music stops. There isn't a plot. This is for hardcore fans only.
½ July 24, 2012
Incoherent movie, but excellent music and music videos.
½ July 23, 2012
I'm a huge Beatles fan, but... this movie is... *Barfs* But this movie gets a 2 and a half stars for the kickass soundtrack.
July 14, 2012
Might as well be called "Bad Acid Trip".
½ June 27, 2012
The Beatles' first, and arguably only critical and commercial failure. You get the frustrating feeling that a plot is about to develop, but one never does, and the Beatles are not talented enough actors to improvise an entire movie. Some bits appear to have inspired Monty Python, but this movie really just a mess, and proof that though Paul McCartney may be the greatest pop musician ever, he has no aptitude for filmmaking.
½ June 8, 2012
Trippy Beatles fun. Need to see it again.
May 30, 2012
THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR IS HOPING TO TAKE YOU AWAY!!! Not this time! There is no magic in Magical Mystery Tour, a TV movie with charming musical numbers but just one problem. No continuity. The beginning of the film seems promising enough. Its the song Magical Mystery Tour with weirdly edited scenes. The plot involves a tour bus taking peopleThe characters are Richard (Ringo) and his aunt who like to argue, Paul Mccartney, George Harrision, John Lennon, Paul Mccarteny as a Sgt, Paul Mccartney as a wizard. The Beatles as a wizard, the corriours who don't seem to take responsibility for anything Paul as a walrus, a kid, a old guy who thinks hes a couriour, midget wrestlers and much more. There is no continuity throughout any of the scenes except for they wear the same costumes. They have weird filters in some scenes. There are montages of the beatles singing for no reason, there are too many characters, there are scenes where a stock crowd wave at you which confuses you, weird random colourful explosions, more weird things like food eating scenes that come to quite disturbing, in fact most of the images in this film are disturbing. For example, we have midget wrestlers chasing a bus and the food scene. Oh god, that scene... WAS EVERYONE SMOKING POT?!! God I love that lyrics. These scenes are just weird. All of them. It feels creepy, not cool and just plain scary. This is something they would show Alex in A Clockwork Orange! The wizards are just... there. There are too many characters to care about. I don't think there is any conflict in this movie whatsoever. Now Ill try to explain some good things. Uhm... The songs were good, some of them... the bus I liked, .... .... uhm... there wasn't much I liked about this movie. Its just a whole mess. Its a unfinished, disturbing montage of musical numbers, pretty backgrounds, a plot that is not there, a script that was never completed and some songs that don't add anything to this confusingly mediocre movie. They should have a plot, less characters, more of the LP's songs, continuity and entertainment. This movie barely entertains.

50/100 C
May 28, 2012
Bueno, esta es muy rara y densa, pero analizando que es material beatle, es genial!
½ May 28, 2012
Very campy at times. It's basically an early concept for MTV. They do videos for their songs from the album of the same name and try to string them together with a thin plot in between.
½ May 28, 2012
very entertaining, even though u have no idea what is going on half the time.
May 24, 2012
sO fReAkY STRANGE.-....THAT I LIKE IT.
May 21, 2012
HAHAHAHAH!! Oh Lord......only see this if you're a Beatles fan. This is so ridiculously awful. The production values are just terrible...it's really amazing.
½ May 12, 2012
While not as good as the Beatles previous two films, this psychedelic musical madness still has something to offer the Beatles fan. At its very worse it is just a collection of strange music videos with mixed up plot to hold it together, but even if that is the case the music is still The Beatles. You even get a song from The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. I can see how flawed this film is, but I still enjoy it for the whole Beatles of it all.
April 1, 2012
Uh It's the beatles...I love anything beatles
March 31, 2012
Imagine The Beatles combined with Pink Flamingos. The end result is Magical Mystery Tour. I gave it a 3 because of The Beatles, nothing more and nothing less