The Beautician and the Beast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Beautician and the Beast Reviews

September 19, 2016
melhor filme que ja vi
July 7, 2016
Liked it a lot as a kid, revisited it and it's still pretty good. Dalton is fantastic, really injects some much needed acting into the film.
December 19, 2015
Fran Drescher was really funny and her timing and facial expressions are on point. Light hearted and a fun watch
August 20, 2015
A cute adaptation of the story. Funny at times.
May 3, 2015
A fairytale gone horribly wrong.
½ April 23, 2015
This film fails not because of it's star (who's simply playing herself) but because there's simply no getting around the fact that this is a ripoff of "The Nanny" premise, plain and simple. But it's not as much fun as the sitcom. This one's for hardcore Fran Drescher fans only.
April 10, 2015
This is a great retelling of the traditional Beauty and the Beast story. I really could have done without Drescher's ridiculous laugh through the whole thing though.
½ December 21, 2014
"The Nanny" with very minor alterations and sadly the sitcom is often funnier
½ September 7, 2014
Only a 17% rating surprises me. This is not brilliant cinema, but as far as entertainment value, I found it refreshingly likable and kept my attention-and in no way can call myself a Fran Dresher fan. Filmed in the splendor only old Eurpoe can provide, it is visually interesting and beautiful. Cobined with likeable characters and a reasonable but predicable plot, i am not screaming for 90 minutes of my life back at the end. I give it an A simply becuase it was fun.
April 19, 2014
Reminds me of the sound of music, really great fun to watch and so romantic!
November 24, 2013
For most it's either love it or hate it. For me I was not disappointed, as I expected something hilarious out from Drescher's sleeve.
June 25, 2013
Manages to be sweet and likable, largely because Kwapis directs the actors well and treats the sub-Lubitsch material as if he actually believed in it.
½ April 14, 2013
A beautician is mistaken for a teacher and is hired on the spot to groom the children of an Eastern European dictator with the usual comical results. Drescher is definitely an acquired taste and her inclusion in this farce was a bad idea from the very beginning. She certainly isn't helped by a pedestrian screenplay.
February 21, 2013
Fran drescher plays a hairdresser who after a fire gets let go from her job.She then gets asked to come to another country and tutor the presidents children which she does not not how to since she is a hairdresser. Her and the president butt heads at first and she then teaches him how to be more calmer and be a gentleman and a father and still be a good president. Fran dreschers voice is kinda annoying but she she had a few good chuckles here and there. Timothy dalton was the president and the only movie I ever saw him in was in a James Bond movie and he was not too bad. I would have to say this is probably only worth one watch too but it was sort of entertaining so it was not quite a total loss.
February 16, 2013
Fran Drescher and Timothy Dalton? What an odd couple, but two of my favourite actors. Overall, it didn't work, but I'm really glad I saw it.
January 22, 2013
God save me, I liked this movie... *sob*
½ January 5, 2013
Apart from It's Fran Drescher, who has the most irritating voice in the world, it's a fairtale storey. She's falls in love with the miserable king, who slowley turns him around into a good guy. Not too bad of a film.
½ December 22, 2012
Pasajera y simple!!!!. Al menos entretiene un poco. 3/10
December 15, 2012
Surprisingly funny. I enjoyed it!