Beautiful Losers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beautiful Losers Reviews

½ June 16, 2016
Far more fashion than art, but it's not always entirely clear which will ultimately turn out to be which, so there's at least a little to think about. Nice enough, but not particularly insightful, and would surely have benefited from tighter editing.
½ May 20, 2016
showed this to my oldest daughter last night, and I think it had the intended impact. it certainly worked on me - like overinflating your heart until it explodes.
April 25, 2016
An interesting capture of artists who refused to conform at a time when success practically demanded it.
½ January 18, 2016
Should be half as long. Wandering film tries way too hard to prove how "diy" these mostly middle-class, art school grads were - from what I can see they were like most art school grads, except lucky to have encountered someone who would become a cult film director and help along their careers. Lots of young artists move to big cities and do creative stuff and don't expect to get big. I'm not saying none of the art is any good, some of its great, but their stories aren't particularly compelling or "street", though they really want you to think they are. Many ended up in advertising, again, I don't blame them but it's hardly subversive or punk.
January 22, 2014
a little slow and at times a bit nonsensical, but an interesting slice of how a subculture of artists made a huge impact on the world around us.
June 21, 2013
Affectionate towards its subjects, to a fault.
½ June 4, 2013
what was its point my head ached gee boring stuff
April 20, 2013
This was a pretty thurough documentary about a group of artists who seem bond more by friendship than by thematic elements in their work. Every artist featured has something to say, but I can't garuntee that everybody will like what that is. Definatley worth a watch!
½ January 12, 2013
Un documental inspirador sobre personas no convencionales que, pese a transitar carreteras secundarias y sobrepasar los límites de lo establecido, deciden perseverar en sus sueños, ideas y valores para mostrar al mundo unas nuevas miradas que no sólo cambiarán sus vidas, sino que también revolucionarán el concepto y el mundo del arte.
December 27, 2012
This documentary dealt more with the artists themselves than their work.
September 13, 2012
Just a decent show about artists (mainly street) and their passion...
April 18, 2012
Interesting doc about a group of artists in the '90s.
February 16, 2012
A beautiful movie on all that humans are capable of creating.
½ December 9, 2011
It's a must! For those who appreciate art and urban life.
October 22, 2011
doc about some artists that came out of nowhere to make an impact on the art scene in the 90's. doesnt really go into depth to a great degree but its an interesting watch.
July 27, 2011
Movies like this make me wanna go out and do things.
June 7, 2011
Somewhat interesting documentary about a bunch of artists with little in common, except for their friendship. At times, the film comes off as somewhat of a self promotion society. Also, like a lot of so called 'outsider art', the film is very self aware in a kind of annoying manner.

Some of the art work in the film is quite nice. Other art, not so much. Recommended to modern art fans.
½ April 23, 2011
Really good documentary! Absolutly loved it
April 19, 2011
i think anybody revolted by how confident these guys are now, needs to give it another watch, beautifully shot and with a sentiment which is really unique. it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it'll definitely make you want to go make something
April 17, 2011
Really nice documentary about street artists.