Beauty and the Beast - The Enchanted Christmas Reviews

• Dec 12, 2019

Great Christmas movie from my childhood.

Great Christmas movie from my childhood.

• Dec 10, 2019

Beautiful songs, great movie for teenagers

Beautiful songs, great movie for teenagers

• Nov 20, 2019

“As Long As There’s Christmas” makes it all worth the journey

“As Long As There’s Christmas” makes it all worth the journey

• May 01, 2019

Horrible. Belle wasn't pining over the Beast in the original. So whats up with her being super sappy in all of her musical numbers. Plus, she looks super weak falling in love with a total jerk like the Beast if his heart didn't change during the wolf scene and he continued to scream and rant at her all up until he let her go. Did the creators of this disaster even watch the original?! This franchise didn't need a creepy, evil organ villan, either. Like, what is with using Tim Curry's voice for EVERYTHING. The Beast didn't need a villan in the castle trying to keep everybody enchanted. They could have made this movie super light hearted and full of Christmas Spirit, but instead they chose dark and weird. Basically I am writing this review to save future parents from letting their kids watch this, because now it's on ALL OF THE TIME and it's literally the WORST.

• Dec 31, 2018

Unsurprisingly inferior to the 1991 classic, The Enchanted Christmas inserts itself into the middle of the original to bring us a story of Christmas at the Castle. It introduces us to characters that were never mentioned before, retcons the origins of the Beast, and gives the voice of an evil Organ to the legend that is Tim Curry. Mr. Curry, understandably, is the best thing about the film, and his voice is always the personification of evil and menace. My favourite part was a half-second moment when he yells the name of his servile lackey Fife. It has many of the flaws inherent to direct-to-video Disney flicks, such as a lack of narrative coherence, altered story elements, a downgrade in animation quality, a lot of filler and a pervading sense of pointlessness, but for children it will be a jolly, fun-filled distraction.

• May 27, 2018

I think it was a charming movie

I think it was a charming movie

• Jan 26, 2018

Why dose the Beast for bed Christmas well I’m not going to say but if you see it then you will find out! Hay the music in this movie was good Not bad for having it be a sequel

• Dec 03, 2017

Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas Review (This will not spoil the film for you. I don't go into detail here about the plot.) In this tale, Belle is astonished to find out that the Beast has a disdain for Christmas, and tries to change his mind about it. It takes place during the time that Belle was being kept prisoner in his castle. Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts are all in their cursed forms, as is the Beast. The film was released in 1997, six years after the original Beauty and the Beast. I was elated to find this film, and I honestly couldn't have been more excited about it. Belle's time spent in the castle with the Beast is my absolute favorite part of the original movie. However, as a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, I have to say that I'm disappointed. A while after the spell was broken, Mrs. Potts tells Lumiere, Cogsworth, Chip, and several others a story about the Christmas Belle and the Beast spent together during her time as his prisoner. The voices of these characters are fairly similar to the 1991 film, but there is a slight change, especially in Chip and Mrs. Potts. Chip is excited about the story, and so they gather round and listen. Then-prisoner Belle is thrilled about Christmas, and soon discovers that the Master despises the holiday, thanks to a dreadful memory of a past Christmas. She tries to change his mind, but the Beast is annoyed by her antics; eventually, he "forbids" it, much to our heroine's dismay. The villain in this story is a pipe organ, who has a flute for an accomplice- much like Gaston's relationship with LeFou. He does everything in his power to try and stop the Beast from becoming close to Belle. 18 minutes into the film, I was already bored. The characters speak without ANY enthusiasm, as if the actors were half-asleep. The events move MUCH too slowly. In the original film, when Belle was scared, you could tell not only by her terrified face, but also by her shaky voice. About the voices: as I mentioned before, Mrs. Potts and Chip both have noticeably more high-pitched voices. I'm assuming the same kid does the Chip voice-over, but they got someone different for Mrs. Potts. Belle is done by the same woman, Paige O'Hara, and hers is much deeper; more like a grown woman's than a 17 year-old girl. I was a bit disappointed at first, but it isn't the producer's fault that people's voices change over time. Belle doesn't bring the same magic that she did in the original film. Even with the deeper voice, Disney should and could have written a better monologue for her. She doesn't seem frightened of the Beast when she speaks to him. When he roars at her, she looks annoyed more than scared. In the original film, she didn't try to befriend him until the winter scene, where they feed the birds together, but here, she tries to talk him into having a Christmas, only to get shut down; to which she retorts something, then leaves the room. The Beast looks incredibly depressed when she does this, as if she broke his heart. When she speaks to any of the other characters, she's the same Belle we know.. mostly. Anytime Chip makes a remark, Belle sighs, "Oh Chip", which is annoyingly repetitive. Belle doesn't speak much in this film, neither does the Beast. In fact, the only one doing any talking for most of the film is Lumiere and his crew, along with the pipe organ. Let me take a moment to discuss the organ and his little LeFou. The organ is terrifying. There is no question that it may be one of the scariest villains to ever be in a Disney film. The organ's name is Forte, and he appears to be 3-dimensional. Standing side-by-side with the Beast, he looks like a supervillain robot more than a pipe organ. And I am not kidding when I say this thing is scary. Since he's rambling on and on for a good portion of the film, there's really no way to prevent your kids from seeing him. I'm not going to talk about this guy much; you really need to see the film for yourself to understand the chilling vibe he lets off. The Beast is a bit more harsh in this film towards Belle than he was in the original. He also yells orders to his servants, something we're not familiar with. A great example of the harshness (spoiler!): the Beast locks her once again in a dungeon, shouting that she'll be left there to rot. A bit more cruel than "starve", if you ask me. He also lets Forte brainwash him into thinking that true love isn't real, almost shattering a chance of a relationship with Belle. The storyline isn't that great; I mean, an evil pipe organ filling the Beast's head with dark thoughts, pretending to be his friend, whereas Belle is oblivious to this and simply focuses on decorating the castle for Christmas. This makes it feel like the Beast is really kind-hearted, but was turned angry by the organ, even though we know this isn't why he's always grumpy. I suspected this would be a somewhat sappy or cheesy film, and it really is. You can tell by the first 20 minutes that this is meant to be for little kids. But, then again, with the freakishly terrifying Forte for a villain, how can this be a children's movie? It really puzzles one to think about it. The characters, as I've stated, speak with INCREDIBLY dull voices. You feel like you're watching a 5th grade Christmas play more than a Disney movie. We're talking about paid actors, not belligerent grade-school students. Their lines are very generic, and all of the conversations feel fake to me. Instead of a whimsical "Hiya Belle!" from Chip, we get "Hi Belle". Lumiere is the ONLY role here who feels like an actual person, and not a programmed bot. He still sounds the same, with his thick French accent shining through. He is honestly the only one bringing life to the movie, the others just take away from the magic. When it comes to Disney movies, there's no avoiding singing and music. It's a part of what makes Disney films so unique; the characters are known to break into song whenever the moment is inviting. In this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect with the musical stuff. Now that I've watched it, I will tell you this: they did a lousy job. "Deck the Halls" was sung TWICE, by different characters. The remaining songs weren't captivating to me. Belle is the one doing most of the singing in this film, most of these remaining songs were hers. In one, she sings about stories, and how she and the Beast could go to these places together. Another one is about Christmas, and how it gives us the gift of hope. Much better than what modern music's got in store for us today, but I wasn't impressed by the singing. All of her songs sounded the same to me, and I felt like I was listening to an American Idol audition rather than our beloved Belle. I want to tell you about the graphics in this film. The castle, Beast, and Lumiere look like the originals. Unfortunately, the rest of the characters didn't get the same treatment. Belle looks pretty sketchy to me; same goes for Chip and Mrs. Potts. It's hard for me to understand how the quality got WORSE six years later. Belle has wrinkles under her eyes that make her look like someone's mother. The deeper voice isn't helping the situation, either. She looks like an animated sketchbook drawing that someone drew with Sharpies. As I previously mentioned, Forte the pipe organ is 3-dimensional, making him look more realistic than the other characters. This takes away from Lumiere, Cogsworth, Belle, and the Beast's chances of shining in this film. They seem like backgrounders more than the main and most important personalities. bell chip A few mistakes in this movie: the pipe organ appears to be in a dark room not shown in the 1991 film. But the enchanted rose is there, on the same tiny table. The Master also sits in a chair in front of a fire, similar to the one that Maurice sits in when he ventured into the castle in the original movie; although the room is clearly a different one, it's confusing as to why the rose and infamous "Master's chair" would be there. The rose is also shown with nearly all of its petals for the entire film. It only loses a petal once. Another notable error: the Beast orders Forte to write a song for Belle as a Christmas present, and when he tells him to sing it, the pipe organ sings "Deck the Halls". However, it was sung in the early scene by the townspeople. I assume Forte got lazy with his songwriting and copied an existing tune's lyrics. In my opinion, this movie was just okay. The plot was silly, in my opinion, and didn't have much to do with Christmas. Belle wasn't quite the same sweet girl we've grown to love, same with the Beast. I'm mostly disappointed that this movie was another useless adventure, instead of them spending time together. I would rate this movie 2.5/5 stars, and I wouldn't watch it again. I think I'll just stick with the original, or maybe the 2017 live-action version. I would advise you to do the same.

• Sep 02, 2017

You know I would say this is the backroad of why the beast does not like Christmas and if you watch it you will then find out.

• Aug 01, 2017

A great edition to the Beauty and the Beast family! I loved the music and think it is a must see Christmas movie!