Beauty Is Embarrassing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beauty Is Embarrassing Reviews

May 6, 2013
An incredibly entertaining celebration of Wayne White's brilliant artwork, with more than its quota of fantastic real-life characters and thoughtful introspection that make this documentary much more than meets the eye.
April 30, 2013
This touched my artistic heart ;(
April 21, 2013
my inner artist came out in this documentary, wanting to produce some sort of following if only half as big as his talent and character
April 21, 2013
A must watch for any creative.
April 19, 2013
Fascinating account of the artist Wayne White and his contemporaries. Interesting insight into the world of animation and the demands of being a relatively successful artist in television and latterly the more main stream world of art.
April 10, 2013
If it is infectious it is because Wayne White and his zany creations are fantastically infectious and delightful.
March 31, 2013
Good stuff. Wayne White is a genius and it's great to find out more about him.
February 17, 2013
If you are an artist or a fan of American pop culture you surely know the living legend of Wayne White! This is a truly inspiring indie flick about a man who keeps redefining beauty.
½ January 21, 2013
Beauty is Embarrassing is a *terrific* documentary. And as a commercial artist that toils away in perceived futility, this doc is really just an uplifting boost.
½ January 18, 2013
One of the best, funniest and most entertaining docs I've seen in a while. Loved it.
December 24, 2012
Inspiring movie about an artist who just does what he does. Very much worth seeing.
December 8, 2012
I was hoping for more Pee-Wee's playhouse, but this is still an endearing look at Wayne White and what it means to be an artist.
November 21, 2012
A wonderful documentary on the creative genius that is Wayne White. I would have loved to have heard more about the Pee Wee's Playhouse era but to do so would have harmed us in learning more about Wayne. An amusing tale.
October 31, 2012
The most inspiring and uplifting doc in recent memory! In person he was fantastic.
½ October 14, 2012
Wonderful. Will make everyone who watches it want to explore their creative side
September 22, 2012
The movie was awesome but the real treat was actually meeting Mr Wayne White after the show.
September 20, 2012
Wildly inspirational for any artist, this documentary on artist Wayne White is entertaining, uplifting, and just a big ball of fun. From Pee Wee's Playhouse to music videos for Peter Gabriel and The Smashing Pumpkins, White's work is pop culture defined; beautiful, enigmatic, joyful, and above all, unique.
½ September 17, 2012
Zippy and delightful!
September 11, 2012
Definite must watch. Can't wait!