Bebe's Kids - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bebe's Kids Reviews

½ February 9, 2016
might be one of the worst films to date
½ December 8, 2015
Ever wonder what guests from the Maury show do when they're not on TV? Well, now you know.
½ July 22, 2015
This film (aimed for African-American audiences, a first at the time), tells the story of a fictional Robin Harris as he takes the titular Bebe's Kids along with Jamika and her child to Funworld. While there are some laughs, and some of the music isn't as bad as it seems, nothing just seems to fit properly. And that includes the poor mix of the storyline intertwined with Robin's mere jokes, the brash, awkward and somewhat cheap animation, the fact that there are unlikeable characters both good and bad, and the fact that the plot just wouldn't work properly for a PG-13 movie, even if it was designed to be a Simpsons or Family Guy plot. Also, at a mere 74 minutes, the movie seems rushed at best.
June 26, 2015
Its merits are not to be overlooked. The political commentary in this "kid's" movie is on point.
May 22, 2015
it was really entertaining, I enjoyed every part. I'm so happy those not my kids, and where the hell is BEBE???
April 7, 2015
This is one to miss.
April 6, 2015
Loud and uninteresting.....perfect way to ruin movie night.
½ September 8, 2014
It's got some funny jokes and visual gags, but the movie starts to fall apart when it concentrates less on Robin Harris and more on the increasingly absurd shenanigans of Bebe's Kids.
July 27, 2014
Critic reviews: 25% - Audience reviews: 76% - Yep, that sounds about right. This movie is amazing.
May 27, 2014
The first African American animated film offers lots of fun at no expense. The kids may terrorize the amusement park, but they won't terrorize your heart.
February 12, 2014
Bebe's Kids is the first animated film with an all African-American cast, but this milestone in film doesn't exactly mean this film is good. In fact, I didn't find it very funny or entertaining at all.
The late comedian Robin Harris' stand up comedy acts transform into a feature film about his animated counterpart trying to impress a girl by taking her 3 mischievous kids to the Fun World amusement park. However, Robin's time is a living hell when the kids get into all kinds of wacky escapades, most being pretty dumb.
The film is a different kind of movie, like is it targeted for kids or adults? Some of the jokes are very adult oriented, but the style of the film feels like its style appeals to kids. The film isn't funny and its plot and characters are all unlikable and bland. Bebe's Kids is about as 90s as you get...
November 29, 2013
not bad not good but just plain weird.
November 16, 2013
This is my third movie review. this is actually on of my favorites. The plot is that a comedian named Robin meets a woman named Jamika at a funeral. So he agrees to take her, her son Leon, and her friends kids(LeShawn, Khalil and Pee-wee) to an amusement park called Funworld. the kids run amok and get kidnapped from people from the Matrix. Thanks to Leon's rap they escape. Robin and Jamika become more acquainted until they run into Robin's ex-wife and her friend. Then Robin and his ex-wife have a Yo Mama battle and they leave funworld to go to Las Vegas. Pee-wee unplugs a cord to the whole city and that's where it ends. I have to say... I really likes this movie. The plot is great the kids and robin are funny and the film is just kick ass. I give this film a 95 OUT OF 96. I am Taylor Crain and I say ''Watch this film''.
October 12, 2013
This movie is the bomb. Everytime I see it I laugh so hard I cry. It's a must see.
½ August 3, 2013
Well, this movie is actually not that funny, yet I'd say it has that particular feeling which also characterize every good child animated movie; in a nutshell, the overall atmosphere makes up for the lack of actual humor.
½ May 10, 2013
Afromation before they knew how to do it right.
March 18, 2013
Love this movie very funny....
½ March 14, 2013
Eh, I've seen worse.
½ February 24, 2013
I remember watching this and thinking "My ass would have been whooped for the shit they pull."
January 17, 2013
Funny! Cute! Original! Clever!