Because of Winn-Dixie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Because of Winn-Dixie Reviews

June 9, 2016
Don't remember the book but I adore Winn-Dixie. He has to be world's funniest dog ever! The only good part of the film is because of Winn-Dixie :) Hate Opal's accent, she sounds black. After the introduction of the dog, the latter of the film progresses really slowly. Although it tries to demonstrate the importance of how Winn-Dixie brought all these people together and changed them, I'm just really not interested in it. And Annasophia Robb walk too slow. The whole asking about mama and how she doesn't have a mama is annoying when she repetitive says it.
June 9, 2016
Girl adopts a dog from the supermarket in this tolerable family drama.
February 3, 2016
140115: Quaint, happy little film. Slow pace.
September 17, 2015
This is such a heartwarming story that kind of reminds me of "Annie" The story centers around Opal (Annasofia Robb) who is the daughter of the town's preacher (Jeff Daniels). Opal feels that she has nobody to talk to in the new town, especially because her mom left. One day, she meets Winn-Dixie, a dog she named after tuff supermarket where they met. Soon, Opal and her father own the dog. Opal and Winn-Dixie soon gain many friends and start bringing the town back together.
September 1, 2015
I haven't seen this since it came out on DVD. I can't remember much about it, so it must not have been that wonderful.
August 10, 2015
A throwback type fable with just enough heart to warrant a watch.
August 10, 2015
Part of childish books.
June 29, 2015
uh because of my daughter read the book and all
May 24, 2015
Love. this movie. LOL?'?'"?''...??"""'"?"?"'"'""''''''''""?,""? (R)?? 1/2 3/4 3/4?????? 1/4???-??"??????????? (C) 1/2""? (C)(TM)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May 9, 2015
I like this movie want to see this movie
April 6, 2015
It's about a 10 year old girl named Opal who finds a dog and names it Winn - DIXIE AND THINK 'S IT'S HER'S.
April 1, 2015
Seriously so cute. This movie has some sad aspects to it but this movie made me fall in love with Ana Sophia Robb many years ago. I have seen this movie like a thousand times and its just amazing. Great movie for kids
½ March 6, 2015
Because of Winn Dixie
½ October 24, 2014
Cute movie about THE dog :) He can smile haha!
September 15, 2014
im about to watch the movie and at my school (im using my moms computer) where reading the awsome book!
½ September 6, 2014
I love dog films. :)
August 24, 2014
A kind of family film that provides the perfect ingredients on following the usual format to make this really enjoyable by its good-hearted warmth. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
July 2, 2014
Cute, generally faithful adaption of the children's novel by Kate DiCamillo. They added a 'villian-esque' character in the form of a grumpy old landlord and a comic relief police officer which didn't bother particularly me though hardly added anything to the story. Although this was sweet, the book had more heart and really tugged at the heart strings more. The book is a fairly quick read, I read it in under 2 hours which is about this length of this movie anyway. I would suggest reading the book over this film.
July 1, 2014
Great dog movie slightly better than book. Ages 6+
June 30, 2014
Because of Winn Dixie is a run-of-the-mill, cutesy little Disney-like adaptation with likable characters, a been-there-done-that plot, and whimsy, overly sentimental messages. It never really moves past average because of the lack of inspiration from the source material in the filmmaking process.