Becoming Warren Buffett Reviews

• Apr 28, 2019

This is required viewing for everyone. For investors, it doesn't offer technical investing advice, but it does offer insights re the mindset of Buffet, and obviously it's worked for him. For non-investors, there are great lessons about how you go about living your life. From taking care of your brain/body, to minimalism, there's a bunch of useful tidbits that can be used to improve your life. As an investor watching this really invigorated my passion for investing and the investing process. The investing process (researching) gets a bit tedious after doing it for years and years, but Buffet successfully preaches the idea that patience is the name of the game, and it's a great reminder. So many of us live quarter to quarter, and money sitting on the sidelines burns a hole in our pocket, but those are bad habits to have, regardless of whether you're making money or not. This is a game for the long haul (from the date you decide to make your first stock purchase to the day you die) and bad habits only reduce your potential windfall or make your losses even steeper... so keep a clear head and try to rid yourself of these habits. I fully acknowledge there are a plethora of different investing styles, so I really hope this doesn't come across as 'this is the only way to see the light'. Lastly, for non-investors, I hope this documentary opens your mind to the benefits of investing. Regardless of what you decide, happy trails ahead!

• Jan 12, 2019

Pretty interesting. Didn't know anything about him prior to watching... good for him for giving away his fortune. Would have liked some more insights on how he chooses his companies though.

• Sep 12, 2017

Excellent documentary. It shows the impact people can have on each other.

Excellent documentary. It shows the impact people can have on each other.

• Aug 06, 2017

A profusely adulating endearment to the person, the genius, the investor & philanthropist.

• Jun 05, 2017

Heart-felt, real, inspiring, rational, useful with fantastic production value even.

• Apr 23, 2017

Charming profile of the "Ordinary Joe" quazilionairre.

Charming profile of the "Ordinary Joe" quazilionairre.

• Mar 12, 2017

Rating this film feels more like rating Warren Buffet as a person. The film itself was perfect, making it feel like Warren was speaking to me the whole time. A very good use of old footage, current footage, and getting to experience Buffet's life in different atmospheres. It felt like there was little friction and no wall between us. The brilliance, success, kind-heartedness, humility and humbleness of Warren Buffet comes across crystal clear, and his investing career is just the cherry on top.

• Mar 09, 2017

The life story of Warren Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway and one of the wealthiest people in the world. Buffett made his fortune through canny, rational investment and is probably the greatest, most successful investor of all time. This documentary traces his history, from childhood to the present day and interviews not only himself, but many of his close family and business associates. Very well made drama on a man with an incredible ability for investment and business management. Well researched, with some rare footage of Buffett. Interviewees are all relevant, and not simply Buffett fans singing his praises. The family interviews also show his personal side, including his flaws (many of which is happy to admit himself). The documentary also covers his philanthropic deeds, the area that will ensure Buffett's legacy.

• Mar 07, 2017

This movie gives a good account of the details of Buffett's life and some of his folksy charm and investing wisdom but I just wish it tried a little harder to get beneath the surface of this intriguing businessman.

• Feb 11, 2017

There won't be another Warren Buffett.

There won't be another Warren Buffett.