Bedrooms and Hallways - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bedrooms and Hallways Reviews

August 22, 2014
Awesome, far away from clichets!1
½ February 8, 2013
Great movie with great acting but the ending could have been better.
December 11, 2012
[12/12] Netter, lustiger und zum Teil emotionaler Film. An Tom Hollander und Kevin McKidd sieht man gut, dass es Männer gibt, die besser aussehen je älter sie sind. ;]
½ July 1, 2012
A consistently entertaining comedy about the complexities of love. A fantastic cast elevates a less-than-solid screenplay.
January 19, 2012
Figuring out this thing called life...
October 31, 2011
Quirky relationship stories, but suffers in the realism department as the storyline isn't convincing.
½ October 17, 2011
I could watch Con O'Neil for hours. Harriet and Simon are both excellent in this. Quite a respectful grown up, mature look at metrosexuality. Very entertaining.
August 11, 2011
I enjoyed it. Comical; however, the ending was a bit confusing.
August 3, 2011
A light, frothy comedy about sexual persuasions. At a men's group which focuses on honesty, a gay guy tells a straight guy that he fantasizes about him. This revelation triggers a chain of events. Kevin McKidd plays the gay Leo and he's ok in the role. James Purefoy plays the straight Brendan and he's both charming and credible in the role. I liked his sense of modesty in his confusion. It happens that his girlfriend knows McKidd so this leads to a the joke "one degree of separation."

The acting by the supporting players are good. McKidd's roomate is a sterotypical gay man, Darren, played by Tom Hollander who wears flamboyant clothes but I crinched at his outrageous sexual trysts with Jeremy played by Hugo Weaving. The other roommate is a straight woman, Angie played by Julie Graham in a bitchy role. Purefoy's girlfriend is Sally played by Jennifer Ehle, who's the most appealing actor in this movie; she's so good that she deserves a better movie to showcase her talent. It's always fun to watch Harriet Walter with her precise diction in saying her lines.

The story wasn't very involving but you do want to see how it will all turn out. However, the ending is abrupt and leaves many issues hanging. But, you can't complain too much since this is meant as a comedy. I just wish it had a stronger message about human sexuality.
June 1, 2011
Instead of writing more Ill just quote another user review... I honestly dont know how to rate this movie. I really loved it until the end and then I was just totally confused. I was ready to give this 4 or more stars, but the ending was a total f*** up. Im a gay male that is very tired of the live in the moment mentality. Relationship is wheres its at. Or at least where Im at. If it wasnt the main character they f***d up, I would have overlooked this. ***SPOILER ALERT***The main character should have gotten the man, and the roommate should have dumped the boyfriend that left him handcuffed to a bed in a strangers house. ***end of spoiler*** Well, thats 1998 UK filmography I guess. I enjoyed seeing Kevin McKidd in this role. ...that is, except for the storyline that led to the bad ending. I first saw and enjoyed him in the (unfortunately) short lived TV series Journeyman. The 3 stars are for the actors, not the story. Had the story had a better ending it would have been 4 or more. Had the actors not made up for it it would have been 1 or 2 stars.
January 30, 2011
minha idéia de boa comédia romântica.
November 30, 2010
Funny Romantic Comedy that approve William S. Burroughs Theorey that everyone is Bisexual Sexuality is a Thing of Acclimatization
September 12, 2010
it was alright. nothing too major!
August 29, 2010
What a waste of time. Very dated, mediocre acting, wannabe funny script, lame acting and lame cutting. McKidd looks better now then 12 years ago. Maybe because of the horrible clothes?!?!
½ July 13, 2010
not as clever as it think it is!
July 1, 2010
Funny and a just a little bit silly British rom-com. Hilarious scenes in the men's group, a good supporting cast and the fantasy of Kevin McKidd and James Purefoy (Lucius Vorenus and Mark Antony from "Rome") as lovers almost makes up for the disaster of an ending. A star lost in the last five minutes.
May 25, 2010
Cute British movie. The story is kind of all over the place and I didn't care for the super psychoanalytic moments. Love the cast and LOVE Kevin McKidd. The characters flipped back and forth a lot, but it was pretty enjoyable...
½ January 29, 2010
Boring. Long and drawn out. Good for a movie that's playing for background noise.
November 14, 2009
Well acted, it?s a good story but it?s also a bit on the dull side. I was a bit bored from time to time. It was okay, nothing great, nor anything bad. Not memeorable.
November 14, 2009