Beer for My Horses - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beer for My Horses Reviews

April 24, 2012
Redneck country music stars against Mexican drug dealers. Starts quite funny, after a while it seems to lose its pace and focus. The story is pretty silly, but on the whole it was better than I expected.
April 5, 2012
Only on DVD though. Hey, Netflix loves me.
April 4, 2012
sounds awsome! plus i love that song
½ March 11, 2012
Im not a big country fan considering i was born in the city, though i found great joy in this CMT production. An all star cast help move this simple, yet mildly gritty comedy along...even Ted Nugent made me laugh! If your partial to the country genre, love being from the country, fond of good stories, or just like Rodney Carrington you should definitely check this one out
March 6, 2012
love it amazing if you know what its like to be a hick
February 25, 2012
well after reading the posted reviews before mine . 1st Lonny's pickup (Thunder ) rocked, second Rodney Carringtons scene in the bathroom was way retarded . tobys preformance was ok . Claire really stood out in the movie as the best preformance. also the Blonde fire eater was a stand out preformance with what lil time she had .
January 28, 2012
More that I expected from Toby Keith
January 10, 2012
Will make you want to cry out "Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses!"
January 7, 2012
Like Middle Age Crazy and Ode to Billie Joe, Beer for My Horses belongs in that small but not exactly elite company of movies based on hit country songs.
½ January 3, 2012
Much better then I expected it to be. Who knew Toby Keith could not only sing great country music, but co-write and star in a funny as hell movie? I sure didnt, but I do know!
December 22, 2011
How much does this movie fail at being a movie? I'm not even gonna answer that. Let's put it this way. The trucks were the best actors in the movie.
November 26, 2011
I love this movie, it is one of my favorites.
September 8, 2011
Much better than I expected for a straight to DVD movie starring Toby Keith. One of my favorite guilty pleasures!
August 20, 2011
Better than I thought it was going to be. It is the type of movie that you just have fun with.
July 18, 2011
A predictable and equally cliched piece if c..p
½ June 23, 2011
A countrified version of the Canadian sitcom "Corner Gas", though not nearly as enjoyable as that long-running TV series. I bought B4MH as a Father's Day present to my adopted dad at Big Lots for a mere four bucks, which tells you the movie is doing as poorly in DVD sales as it did at the box office.
May 4, 2011
While it never achieves anything above TV movie quality, there is a little extra heart that just barely justifies its existence.
There is so less substance to this film than the light beers that the characters enjoy at a couple points, and its length is definitely padded with scenes that do nothing for characterization, advancing the plot, or anything, really. A few nice concepts that actually might have carried a film show up, but none are used as they should have been.
You could describe the experience as a low-budget, redneck version of 'Bad Boys.' Toby Keith actually carries his role pretty well, which makes sense given that he wrote the script, and he isn't required to do much actual 'acting,' as his character rarely expresses any emotions other than 'mildly annoyed' or 'mildly bemused.' Ted Nugent is pretty fun to watch, although he has no dialogue and Rodney Carrington... well, he is decent comic relief but like a joke that goes on for too long you soon just want him to shut up.
The film as a whole isn't that bad. Its easy to follow and is paced decently, it has all the right parts and even gets a decent buddy-cop vibe going for a while, then when the supposed 'action' starts, it really loses its footing. Perhaps this is because of the PG-13 rating, but everything lacks impact, and for a climax, it really could have done better. Actually, an 'R' rating might have given this film the bite it needed to stand out. That ship has sailed, though.
All in all, there's nothing to recommend this movie unless you REALLY like the following:
Toby Keith
Redneck humor (stereotypes and all)
Big Trucks

If you like all of three of those, then yes, you will probably enjoy this movie. If not, why the heck were you watching this movie in the first place?
February 27, 2011
Just awful in every way, horrible acting + questionable humor + very weak plot = horrible movie.

I was surprised by the # of pretty big name actors and Celebrities..
February 8, 2011
Oh this is sure to be horrible, like a train wreck, I can't turn away...
½ January 21, 2011
Yeah I watched it. Yes I watched the whole thing...don't judge me!