Beerfest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beerfest Reviews

April 16, 2017
It drags in the middle when the drunks go into training to win the Beerfest competition of drinking games held annually in Germany but the rest of it has a kind of socially-unsanctioned spontaneous goofy humour that will appeal to the adolescent in those of us with one still inside us.
½ April 1, 2017
3/30/2017: Not as good as Super Troopers, but still pretty damn funny.
½ December 1, 2016
Great for the nostalgia, but still has plenty of good gags too. My friends and I at university used to watch this and play all the drinking games, and would laugh all night over how silly this movie is. Just fun.
Watched on Shaw on demand at Sam's with her, December 1, 2016.
½ November 12, 2016
Its not as good as Super Troopers but its is a whole lot of laughs. The fact that the movie goes for nearly 2 hours doesn't do it a whole lot of favours but fans of The Broken Lizard crew will enjoy it.
July 19, 2016
Beerfest is directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, and it stars the Broken Lizard in a comedy film about 2 guys who found out about a competition called Beerfest, and of course, they treat the new guys like crap. So they get a new group of beer drinkers to get right back at them. It's been a while since Super Troopers that I reviewed a film made by Broken Lizard, I figured I should record Beerfest that was on HBO, and it's one of those films that I had a good time, not a great one however. The acting is really good, and the jokes are funny, even if there are some that really die out. There are some stupid moments that are enjoyable, but then there is the special kind of dumb that is just downright lazy. It does get too long at times, and despite it being a weird premise, it does goes to a typical competition film with some oddball moments. When it goes to the competition itself, it gets really fun and is probably the best part of the film. In terms of comparisons to Super Troopers, Beetfest is not quite on level with it, but Beerfest is an entertaining film that I'm sure that people that are drunk will like it even more.
June 26, 2016
I love Broken Lizard.  I'll admit it.  I was, however, extremely disappointed with Club Dread.  Beerfest was pretty funny though.  It wasn't near as funny as Super Troopers but it was much funnier than Club Dread.  I'll let you decide on this one.
½ June 25, 2016
Loved it, but there needs to be a law. Lowbrow check your brain comedies can run no longer than 90 min.
Great homage to those 80's movies that let the adolescents grow or not up.
May 9, 2016
It's great fun! I wouldn't dishonor it by giving it a higher rating.
April 23, 2016
this movie was not good
February 26, 2016
One of my all time favorite comedies... So many quotable lines, beer and glorious titties. 4 STARZ
½ January 30, 2016
An exercise in dullness, Beerfest features plenty of good intentions and edgy humour, though it's not very sharp comedy or inherently sensible. The movie goes on for long but not to many places, so a more focused, summarized final cut would have been beneficial. It does provide a few hilarious moments so if you ever watch it, bring friends.
½ September 16, 2015
There are some laughs here but they throw an awful lot of you know what against the wall to get them.
July 24, 2015
Required me to turn my brain off but worth some laughs for sure.
½ April 17, 2015
A movie to drink beer with.
March 28, 2015
Gets better every time I watch it...15th viewing tonight.
March 22, 2015
Underrated comedy. Funny as shit.
½ March 14, 2015
Not one of Broken Lizard's strongest entries, but perhaps classic viewing for those in the state that it's characters are: Drunk.
February 28, 2015
You get what you pay for. Very entertaining
February 19, 2015
Close to 10 years later and this still might be my most quoted movie. Love the Broken Lizard crew.
December 29, 2014
A really hilarious raunchy comedy that is actually very well done for the premise. It really is a dumb story, but it's fun and creative. It is also funny and meaningful at times. It is silly yet has its flashes of seriousness. It was unique and an instant classic in my book, especially when comparing it to most films in its genre it is well done & a lot of fun!