Beethoven's 2nd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beethoven's 2nd Reviews

February 6, 2012
Dumb, but an as expected dumb sequel.
January 1, 2012
Slightly better than the original.
December 25, 2011
I always thought this was better than the first one. Nothing special though, just a good childhood memory.
½ December 22, 2011
seen it ... its a really good movie....
December 12, 2011
should have stopped making beethoven sequals after this movie.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ November 21, 2011
The first of many sequels in this stupid franchise. I remember liking the first two films in this series back when they first came out, only because I was like 8 years old at the time of the first two films release. Looking back now, these films haven't stood the test of time, and really insult a kid's intelligence. The films are terrible, and there's been so many better films that the family can enjoy than this tired, unimpressive series. Luckily I stopped caring about Beethoven after this second entry. The film suffers from a poor plot, bad acting, and really doesn't do anything original. The only reason that they green lit this second film was to cash in on the success of the first, that's it. It was clear that no matter how crappy the plot was, how poorly developed the plot and characters were people would go see it. I'm sorry but the Beethoven series is simply a dull, poorly crafted family oriented series. I can name a dozen family films that are better than this. I hated this film and seeing this on TV again, I wondered why I even liked these two films. I guess when you're a kid, you like everything. Beethoven 2nd is a poorly made sequel that just doesn't entertain. This is the type of film that can't be redeemed and this series was doomed from the start. If you enjoy a good family oriented film, rent Toy Story instead. At least that was a great film that was smartly crafted. This film reuses recycled, boring old ideas and doesn't do anything to entertain you. Hell, they pumped out six sequels with the same old ideas. This proves that Hollywood is running out of ideas.
½ October 10, 2011
BEETHOVEN'S 2ND (1993)
½ September 14, 2011
If Ikaika could only get so lucky like Beethoven! His sister dog Keala would never let another dog get that close! Don't you love the puppies!?!
September 9, 2011
Embarrassingly bad compared to the first one.
August 3, 2011
Too many of the movies I loved as a child I later realized sucked hardcore. Oh great, now I feel nostalgic.
½ July 10, 2011
As innocuous as family films featuring attempted rape can be. The original BEETHOVEN is cute - formulaic, sure, but it's set in the real world for the most part (evil veteranarians are rare, but stranger things have happend). This one featured too many flights of fancy - a dream sequence from the perspective of Beethoven, dog reaction shots, a doggy date - and far too much slapstick. When Charles Grodin beat up Dean Jones (c'mon - who doesn't love that we live in a world where that can happen?), the stakes were real. This time, with Chris Penn and Debi Mazar are falling into stumps, getting kicked in the nuts, etc. etc., and I didn't care. But damn it, did Charles Grodin sell it. And, again, THERE IS A DATE RAPE SCENE IN THIS MOVIE. That is all.
May 23, 2011
it's more or less the same thing as the original but just add more dogs and not as fresh as the first one was and the 1st movie was written by John Hughes and this wasn't.
May 15, 2011
Debbie Mazur is awesome.
½ May 9, 2011
A sequel I guaranteed I would watch and I wasn't disappointed. I knew after watching that there would be more sequels and I swore I wouldn't watch them, and I kept that promise and didn't and never will... The first two are the perfect watch together as they bring to a great story to life and a happily ever after close, I honestly do love Sarah Rose Karr, her performance was so underrated and too cute.
½ April 25, 2011
The first film said all that it needed to say, did it need a sequel, let alone a franchise
April 5, 2011
4 memorable quotes: "Whata you know Mo!"
"We're not millionaires yet. Are we thousanders?"
"If you want your dog back, call my lawyer." "When you wake up in the morning, you're a little taller."
"I've been thinking, 'what do you think?"
March 25, 2011
This is one of those movies that is really hard to rate because it is purely oriented for kids but I was a kid once and I still like this movie. Heck...watching it, probably 10 years since I last saw it (maybe more) I still remember a lot of moments (like I saw it yesterday) from this movie. Meaning it did its job as a special family movie. When I rate family movies, I believe they can't be too annoying (kids don't have to watch all kick to the groin shots all day long to find things funny...some but not the whole movie), they have to have a good acting (doesn't have to be top-named actors but actors who aren't overly cheesy because they know they are in a kids movie), and it has to be memorable (most family movies have the same formula, its up to the cast to make the movie the best one of the litter). This brings me back to Beethoven's 2nd, it meets all the requirements for a good family movie...some cheese (not too much), decent acting, and its memorable.
March 3, 2011
Beethoven 2nd is very bemusing for me as we get the Anglo American myth family dealing with the troubling of raising Saint Bernard, known as Beethoven, and his puppies. Also, the films strides concerns surrounding an adolescent girlā??s relationship behavior, patriarchal hegemony (not to mention a boy demonstrating it), slapstick, shoddy pet caring, and ridiculous villains with the late Chris Penn. Although I was not amused, I will not say this film is utterly crap, but it does not conjure up laughs even though we get the chance to see Mr. Dominant getting slobbered. I saw this while doing homework because family persuaded to watch this.
December 4, 2010
You little chihuahua you......
October 12, 2010