Before You Know It Reviews

• Aug 24, 2020

What a cast for hubby and wife date night, but it was a snoozefest in the drama bore 'Before You Know It'. Hannah Pearl Utt stars directs and co-wrote this with co-star Jen Tullock. It's terrible. It has individual performances that are award worthy. It all adds up to nothing. Utt is a Greta Gerwig wannabe who couldn't shine her shoes. This was putting us to sleep in the early evening. You'll need coffee. Credit to some of the actors, but this is a debut thud from Utt. Wife: 4.8/Hubby: 4.9 Average: 4.9/10

• Jun 11, 2020

pointless,dull,uninteresting-real waste of time-not close to being pleasingly good.

• Mar 17, 2020

A good movie ruined by a truly terrible score and horrible choices of songs. With better underscoring many of the scenes would have been much more charming.

• Mar 01, 2020

While it is often uneven, the characters are engaging and honest. Their flaws make them relatable. You might ask yourself why they would do something so foolish, but you are really frustrated with the same mistakes you make in your own life. In this alone the movie soars in forcing self-reflection from it's audience.

• Jan 28, 2020

As I see it, whatever this dramedy was trying to to, it didn't work. Had a few honest moments but way too long a slog to get there. Mostly painful to watch.

• Oct 28, 2019

Good film -Hannah Pearl Utt as star, writer and director has created a very entertaining character driven film, all on a low budget-Great job, Hannah!

• Oct 20, 2019

It was relatable and well acted. It's an enjoyable movie and you are hope the girls can now move on with their lives.

• Oct 03, 2019

A slow, tedious film that under uses Judith Light , Baldwin and MP while devoting endless time and exposure to politically correct commentary (male sexual predators lurk on every block, all men are basically fools all women are inherently virtuous and inwardly powerful). Much of the staging was phony, the plot contrived and unconvincing.. The camera work was clumsy and rushed, many of the characters unconvincing. They had Judith Light willing to play a ridiculous (and highly entertaining) parody of herself ...and squandered it. Ms. Utt labors mightily to construct a world of her own design and then wants people to pay ticket prices to walk around in it. I didn't like the tour and I would like to get my money back.

• Sep 19, 2019

Horrible screwball dramedy. Judith Light was good, but everything else was a mess: silly story, unbelievable characters, cornball humor and hammy acting. In a word, obnoxious. The only joy I got out of the film was seeing how desperate Alec Baldwin's career has become.

• Sep 14, 2019

We saw this tonight and were amazed. The writing was wise, touching and funny; a rare combination of wonderful qualities. The actors were allowed to play imperfect, vulnerable people, not typical in either looks or behavior, yet ultimately worthy and human. Of course to pull that off you have to have had very good actors, and the women carried the story with brave and honest acting, that was edited and directed beautifully. It is unfortunately unique in the world of today's films that seem to depend so much on special effects and noise, to see truly impressive story telling propelled by solid acting and writing. Everyone involved should be proud. Although I do not usually see films twice, in this case I would gladly see it again.