Behind The Burly Q Reviews

• Jul 05, 2012

Rather incomplete. Found the dismissive attitude towards non-white performers (who received maybe two minutes total) particularly annoying. The complete omission of Tura Satana is unforgiveable.

• Jul 28, 2011

Woof what catyness even when you get that far up in age. LOL. A great doc though.

• Sarah P Super Reviewer
    Jul 23, 2011

Really interesting and really funny! It's awesome to see all of the old footage and pictures and hear from the people who were part of it.

• Jul 10, 2011

Very interesting -- The stories from the former performers & their relatives & friends were interesting to hear. Great collection of video, photo & audio clips.

• Jul 04, 2011

Extremely interesting subject matter and people, ,some of the stories these women have are really incredible! unfortunately the film lacked any sort of coherent narrative, geographic or chronological thread, it was pretty amateurish story telling / editing, i wish there was a better documentary on the subject...

• Jun 27, 2011

Not that great of a doc. but good enough. It gets a little slow at points. And the stories of all the ladies could have been investigated a bit more in depth. Seems a cursory glance inside a dead industry. Some of the ladies are truly fascinating. I would have liked more information.

• Apr 25, 2011

Very interesting subject matter, but the way that it was put together I felt was very poor and there could have been many improvements. Although watching you could tell there was a lot of effort put into finding all of these people that they interviewed.

• Apr 19, 2011

More than just a bunch of clips of pretty ladies. I knew nothing about this "artform" and now I know everything I need too. I think anyways.

• Apr 03, 2011

One day i'll run away with the circus and be a burlesque dancer. Kill two birds with one stone.

• Oct 22, 2010

Not a very well-made doc, but it deserves credit for tracking down the subjects and interviewing them--many shortly before they passed away (sad!).