Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon Reviews

• Feb 14, 2021

I enjoyed the plot a ton, as a long time fan of slasher films I love the approach they took as if they are analyzing how a slasher does what they do. Also the plot twist at the end of it turning into a regular slasher was a nice touch.

• Feb 05, 2021

This is the movie I never knew I wanted and I'm so glad this movie was made. This movie is pure horror gold. I stumbled upon this movie and actually didn't want to watch it but man I'm so glad I did. If you're a horror fan, watch this. It'll take you behind the scenes of a slasher movie. Plus this movie connects the Halloween, chucky, Friday the 13th, and nightmare on elm street franchises into one signaler cinematic universe. Take that marvel or DC. Man if this universe was made I would freak the flip out. Anyway fun fact, the main girl reporter is the same girl from home alone that tells Kevin right before the Paris trip and called him le incompetent. Iconic line and I'm glad she's doing other things. She is great in this and is clearly the best part of this movie. The found footage style shooting with a mix of regular filming like an actual horror movie is genius. You get to see the method behind the madness. Without spoiling anything it's just a great movie. In the end I highly recommend this movie.

• Feb 05, 2021

This is the movie I never knew I wanted and I’m so glad this movie was made. This movie is pure horror gold. I stumbled upon this movie and actually didn’t want to watch it but man I’m so glad I did. If you’re a horror fan, watch this. It’ll take you behind the scenes of a slasher movie. Plus this movie connects the Halloween, chucky, Friday the 13th, and nightmare on elm street franchises into one signaler cinematic universe. Take that marvel or DC. Man if this universe was made I would freak the flip out. Anyway fun fact, the main girl reporter is the same girl from home alone that tells Kevin right before the Paris trip and called him le incompetent. Iconic line and I’m glad she’s doing other things. She is great in this and is clearly the best part of this movie. The found footage style shooting with a mix of regular filming like an actual horror movie is genius. You get to see the method behind the madness. Without spoiling anything it’s just a great movie. In the end I highly recommend this movie.

• Oct 30, 2020

Almost every horror comedy film I have watched is a winner. This one is no different.

• Oct 07, 2020

Love this movie! Super funny and a little gore at the end:)

Love this movie! Super funny and a little gore at the end:)

• Sep 18, 2020

Slow-moving doc where a slasher killer stalks his final girl with a film crew but actually, the reporter was the real final girl all along.

• Jul 05, 2020

I was quite disappointed. This movie seems to get quite a lot of positive reviews, but I really don't see what's so great about it. It has a couple innovative points, like the mix of mockumentary and normal filming styles. I also liked the film makes many allusions to earlier slasher conventions, especially Halloween (1978). And I also found it interesting to see Robert Englund, who's best known for playing Freddy in A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), in this pic. But the rest of the pic is sloppy, the editing is really bad and very half-assed, probably due to budget restrains, the characters are pretty forgettable, and the pic doesn't have as much gore as it should have, for a slasher pic. And the film also tries to pass itself off as a dark comedy, but it barely made me laugh. Overall, I didn't find Behind the Mask to be particularly engaging, and it was quite a disappointment to watch. I won't revisit it again...

• Jun 24, 2020

Robert Englund is a blast and it has some really funny stuff, but as a whole it is not as funny as it should be.

• May 21, 2020

It was difficult to take this movie serious at first, but it actually turned out to be worth it. Definitely recommended if your a Slasher fan.

• Jan 04, 2020

Personally, I feel as if this film is underrated even by the horror community. It's a fantastic mix of found footage done right, meta, and dark humor. The plot is great and the twist is even better. It's everything a slasher fan could want and more. I really hope the rumors of a sequel come to fruition one day.