Being Cyrus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Being Cyrus Reviews

½ August 12, 2008
Not even a well-made movie. No character development of Cyrus himself. Too many English idioms and the plot-line was heavily Hollywood influenced Tried to be abstract with the whole dream sequence, but it just did not make sense. Disappointing and a waste of time.
August 2, 2008
One of saifs best performances
½ July 4, 2008
haha good stuff by Indians again. You won't see this stuff again and again so better watch the movies that are worth watching before they actually stop making them.
April 6, 2008
Movies like these would bring some much needed variety to bollywood.
iLeo
March 16, 2008
An interesting movie. Saif Ali Khan is phenomenal, and it definitely shows in this movie. This is definitely an intriguing story plot filled with mystery/suspense. Great movie.
½ March 6, 2008
In this psychological drama about a dysfunctional Parsi family, a superlative Naseerudin Shah steals the show (as he is often does) from Saif Ali Khan's breakout performance in the titular role. And what an ending! A totally unexpected departure from your usual song-and-dance masalas. The only critique I have is Dimple Kapadia's overacting.
½ March 3, 2008
Loved Saif in this dark, twisted comedy.
January 13, 2008
Saif is in his best role! The movie is a fast-paced one, well-conceptualized and holds you till the end with a nice twist! :D Pretty psychotic too! ;)
January 4, 2008
Different from your typical Bollywood films and a good thing too!
December 30, 2007
Its really really different from a typical bolywood movie, alas bollywood has shown that even they r nt much behind.
December 14, 2007
i like it a lot cause it's not a bollywood...rather, it's a dark foreign/thriller flick of double crossing the double crosser
December 5, 2007
a very gripping movie.
November 8, 2007
A great independant Indian art movie of today.. modern yet artistically made with an insight to the subconscious of a Cyrus. We need more artistic romantic auteurs for the Indian cinema industry. We have enough of commercial indian filmmakers that like to stay safe and not like to expand from their horizon....Dimple is at her best, showing an extreme intense character who has nothing but to always complain about her life. Naseer U. Shah is like the practical philosopher who keeps dreaming what the world could be but not realising how the world around him is not simple but extremely devious. Forget giving it a 5 star.... over rate it!!!
November 3, 2007
Not a very happy movie..but definitely well-made!Saif's acting is superb and Boman Irani is hilarious always!
October 13, 2007
A very good movie.....saif rocks in this one....watch it!!!!!(highly recommended )
October 12, 2007
Great independent Indian film - exciting and edgy all the way through. Saif Ali Khan does no wrong in this movie - he should do more acting like this.
October 10, 2007
faux modern bollywood stuff - translated, it is utterly boring.
October 5, 2007
Can't believe this is Bollywood fare.
½ September 29, 2007
I liked this. A lot. Saif Ali is his usual charming/inscrutable/good/evil, but I think better here than Omkara.
September 29, 2007
It had it's good moments but it wasn't excellent. I think the main problems lay in its execution on some scenes, it wasn't tight/strong enough. I liked the story as a while though - it just needed to be a bit more punchier!