Being John Malkovich - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Being John Malkovich Reviews

August 29, 2016
Malkovich Malkovich! Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich.
August 28, 2016
A must-see film for Malkovich's performance and a wicked concept. First half hour very wobbly, last half hour unnecessarily complex and low-spirited, but the core is brilliant.
August 14, 2016
I can't bring myself to like this movie. It's way too weird for me and I usually like weird stuff in movies. D
½ August 7, 2016
Boldly original and unabashedly weird, "Being John Malkovich" succeeds as a funny, innovative piece of meta-fiction.
½ August 4, 2016
este filme vai alem dos caprichos comuns do gosto tradicional por cinema e ficção
July 23, 2016
Spike Jonze has in his hands a complicated script by Charlie Kaufman, and it's amazing how it transforms this complex script, different, silly and seemingly almost infilmável in a complete audio visual work (in narrative terms), but somehow the work not me handle, it is not the fault of the film, all Spike Jonzen movies are great, but none captivates me emotionally, and this is no different, as I said before, it seems something silly, which turns into a beautiful romance (outside the traditional ), but I can not untie that premise "Boba" with the rest of the film, maybe Spike should use more sound resource, since this film is missing a soundtrack at times, although the sound mixing is impeccable, photography, the characters and even the extras in the scene are emblematic, some characters have only one speaks in history, but realize their great personalities, and amazing scenery, remember the Schwartz couple's home or surrealistic company that Craig (John Cusack) works, the film also has a philosophy to present, we are stuck in our bodies, our lives are miserable, we are ambition of slaves (yes, remember Fight Club), which we would not give to be someone else even for fifteen minutes? Our lives are so bad that? I do not know, or Spike will know, because it only displays the question and does not delve into it. "Being John Malkovich" It's a good movie, do not expect nothing amazing, but I believe faithfully that depending on the person, her anger find "Being John Malkovich" your favorite movie because he has something to say, but it depends on the person understand and sympathize with him.

Sorry for my English translator google.
July 19, 2016
A little too weird for my tastes... and I love weird stuff.
June 22, 2016
4/5

Charlie Kaufman-written films always tend to have that "who the fuck came up with this" characteristic and that is far from bad as unlike other people in the industry his ideas are actually very well thought out and connected and even more shockingly both funny and dramatic which is one step behind the guts it takes to make funny horror. Add to that Spike Jonze as the director and an all star cast with an obvious one in the title and you have a film that just like the poster suggest, will stay in your head for a while for all the best reasons.
June 13, 2016
Strange and quirky with one of the most unpredictable scripts of all time. Charlie Kaufman's first feature length film shines with every frame.
May 29, 2016
Witty, Intelligent and burst-out laughing wackyness. Though slightly heavy on the plot by the end of the film, I could watch these characters spar in their weird, sharp dialogue for hours
May 21, 2016
Just an odd title isn't it. But i havent any idea what this movie is yet.
It got rave reviews.
May 14, 2016
Bizarre, strange, absurd, smart as well as being both funny and dramatic. The best part has got to be Charlie Kaufman's unique, well-written script.
½ May 1, 2016
It's no wonder that a film as surreal and mind-bending as Being John Malkovich comes from the mind of Charlie Kaufman. The film takes a lot of interesting turns and paths, which constantly keeps the film engaging and utterly fascinating. Best of all, Kaufman never sacrifices character development for big reveals or twists: in fact, this is a mind-bender that really works because it's so character driven. All of the performances here, including those of John Cusack, Cameron Diaz, and Catherine Keener, are solid, but the standout is, well, John Malkovich. The role seems clever enough at first, but ultimately gets deeper and more complex in rather unexpected ways as the film progresses. For a debut feature from both Kaufman and director Spike Jonze, Being John Malkovich is stunningly well done. Anyone looking for a mind-bender will be impressed, and anyone looking for a fascinating look at the ideas of consciousness and reality will be even more impressed.
April 23, 2016
Being John Malkovich is such a bad movie. It has solid acting and some interesting scenes in the beginning, but the story is original in a bad way as it is so annoying and pointless, the characters are all either annoying or distinctly unlikable and the film is just weird for the sake of being weird. It is a boring, ridiculous and very frustrating movie that annoyed me so much.
April 5, 2016
Probably Cusack's best movie, along with Malkovich's best. This film echoes several themes.
March 16, 2016
this movie pissed me off but i gave it and extra star because it does leave a mark on you and is very memorable.
there were times when i wanted to hit craig, lotte and maxine.
they are awful people.
all of them.
the story-telling was spectacular.
and the ideas too.
all these three deserve to rot in hell!
February 18, 2016
remek delo! remek delo!
½ January 29, 2016
You have to appreciate that a screenplay so truly bizarre and original got made. The fact that it turned out as great as it did is even more incredible (there are a lot of directors who would have ruined the final execution so let's be grateful for Spike Jonze).
½ January 22, 2016
Let's reboot this one shall we? Being John Cena? Johnny Depp? Jon Snow? Johnny Football?
January 8, 2016
A utterly smart and creative fictional comedy. In the midst of a building were a half floor is rooming lots of absurd companies and a mystic portal. Watching the inside of John Malkovichs eyevision is pretty unique and intriguing, along side a great cast such as Cusake, Diaz and Keener this movie has good legs to carry this absurdness.