Belizaire the Cajun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Belizaire the Cajun Reviews

September 5, 2014
Ok movie is much better than it sounds. Very watchable
April 15, 2012
I enjoyed it mainly because of the Cajun music. I looked at the credits to find out who played the music and at that time (late 1980's) I attended a Cajun Bluegrass concert and met Michael Doucet the musician and had him sign a vinyl from the movie. I still love Cajun music and the movie was better for it.
April 8, 2011
excellent film..came out about 20 years ago...assante is great...good movie with sweetheart on couch with wine and popcorn..4 stars
March 10, 2011
This dated film has little to offer a wide spectrum of viewers unless you adore gumbo!
June 12, 2008
I love this film! It evokes a haunting sense of time and place, and recalls an American sub-culture which has largely vanished as assimilation has inevitably progressed. But I long for it--it calls to me!
June 9, 2007
Without a doubt among the top ten motion pictures named "Belizaire the Cajun" that Madame used to screen for her students at EDW.
½ June 5, 2007
I'm saddened that this is so obscure.
C'est Bon! It's the most accurate protrayal of Cajun culture (of which my family belongs to) that I've seen, and the story is a little bit of everything: drama, comedy, romance, action. If you're interested, let me know...I think my family owns the one of two copies on this earth, apparently. haha
½ April 24, 2007
Sentimental attachment. My dad is in it.