Ben & Arthur Reviews

• Jul 29, 2014

Hey, remember that creepy foreign exchange student back in junior or senior high? You know, the one who hit on all the girls to look cool and spoke in some weird accent that can be described as otherworldly? Well, he's back, apparently the one who turned out to be gay, and thought it was necessary to make a movie. And that movie looks like something done for a jr high film class. Yes, this actually made it to cinemas. It looks like it was shot on a cheapo digital camera, the music is literally public domain music, and the acting was very clearly done by people who don't give a shit. This makes After Last Season seem watchable. Avoid.

• May 23, 2010

This is the greatest movie I have ever seen. Better than Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married?" and Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married Too." Better than "Slamdunk Ernest." Better than "Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go to College." Better than everything. Period. I've been reading my dictionary for the past six weeks, non-stop, without ever sleeping to find a word that accurately describes the Sam Mraovich vision and, subsequently, universe. Nothing came close, until I found the word "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" while browsing a medical journal. I'm not even going to bother finding out what that word means. It's Mraovich's word now. "Ben & Arthur" IS pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, and I'll defend it to the death, waging war against anyone who thinks otherwise. The gentleman who played the Priest is one of the finest underplayed character actors since Michael Moriarty dropped out of the biz to pursue a thriving career in domestic terrorism. It's not just the loss of his white-out that is ailing him, it is the loss of his very soul and MIIIIINNDDD!!!!! TOTAL EMOTIONAL DISINTEGRATION, I TELL YOU! ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING TO ME!?!

• Aug 20, 2009

I watched this on YouTube because I saw it was rated the worst on IMDb, so I watched it... And I have four questions: 1. Did you shoot this sequentially? 2. Ever heard of a boom mic? 3. Ever heard of acting? 4. Did you really mean to biff this up as bad as you did? The cover made it look as promising as the fuel gauge almost on E and no gas station for 25 miles, but the movie proved to be similar to the car spontaneously exploding.