Ben Hur Reviews

• Jun 27, 2016

Why? Sweeps Week again? Suffers all the typical problems of "Made for TV" movies including cheap production values, audio and visual special effects, bloat to fill alloted air time, erratic pacing for commercial breaks and episode splits, and mediocre script. See the 1959 spectacular instead. It is infinitely better than this.

• Aug 04, 2015

I wasn't sure if the remake was going to be as good as the Original (1959 with Charlton Heston), but it was a pretty awesome film. Same 'ole tale of good old fashioned betrayal, vengeance, redemption and forgiveness. Definitely worth it to rent.

• Feb 17, 2015

It's a short TV series. Still prefer the old one played by Charlton Heston, which can be seen around Easter time yearly. The Chariot racing scene was not as good as the old one, what a shame.

• Jun 09, 2013

Great story. I have not seen the original. Need to watch that now.

Great story. I have not seen the original. Need to watch that now.

• Jun 04, 2013

long movie, but i liked it.

long movie, but i liked it.

• May 15, 2013

A brilliant made for TV movie.

A brilliant made for TV movie.