Beneath The Planet Of The Apes Reviews

• Oct 14, 2019

If your a fan of the franchise you might like that it takes a completely different route. Me personally I was laughing at the low budget special effects. The costume and make-up is a step down. The idea is different but fails to convince me of anything plausible. ( that comment alone should give you an idea of how outlandish this is ). The worst part is its lack of any type of music during action scenes.

• Sep 09, 2019

Two thirds of this movie was okay. Two-thirds...it was decent. But when they introduced the atomic bomb as both the main weapon, and the worship of it with humans that were above intelligence it totally misfired. I like these movies just fine. But this? Out of the original series, this one was the weakest. Yet, it did have some instances of good parts in it, with human interacting with apes as they were becoming unglued like we as a species are. Nice twist with the previous entry. But it all became eradicated with the ending of it. Nobody seemed to want to make it. It ended poorly.

• Jul 11, 2019

I have to admit I actually kinda liked this one. It's nothing great but it's entertaining if you wanna kill some time or are doing a planet of the apes marathon like me

• Jan 10, 2019

If you're watching Planet of the Apes just because you think it'll be fun (which it is), maybe don't waste your time watching this one...Boring retell of the first one with comical action. If you plan on watching the other three films, it would be good to watch though, or you'll be awfully confused come Escape.

• Jan 02, 2019

It's by far my least favourite of the original five Planet of the Apes films. The first half is almost identical to the first film while the second half is just ridiculous nonsense.

• Dec 07, 2018

This first sequel in the original POTA franchise gets criticized, among other things, for its lack of character development, but the bomb-worshiping mutants steal the show and ultimately disprove the old adage "mind over matter." The shocking ending is one of the best ever.

• Sep 10, 2018

Although not as good as the first, I find the film quite good; They managed to take the story of the film to another level, with good twists and good action scenes. The film also had a rather captivating and interesting story. Highly recommend.

• Aug 15, 2018

I was not a fan of the original Planet of the Apes, but for certain reasons I am now planning to watch through all the original sequels. But because I was down on the original I didn’t expect much from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. However it might have been even worse than I anticipated. After recapping the end of the previous movie, they have Charlton Heston disappear and then instantly replace him with a guy who kind of looks like him. What is almost comical is that they do the classic lazy sequel thing and have this guy go through the exact same arc as Heston did in the first film. However, instead of the iconic Statue of Liberty reveal this guy gets to look at subway signs. Then Beneath the Planet of the Apes starts to explore its title and takes a hard left turn into sci-fi stupidity. I’ve never been a huge fan of post-apocalyptic movies, but I find them even more annoying when they somehow make it so humanity takes an evolutionary step forward after the destruction of the world instead of backwards. The look, behavior, and superpowers of these surviving humans are ridiculous. There was a certain point where it moved past annoying and into straight up farce for me. I had some fun laughing at the movie, because I no longer respected it as a genuine effort to make a good story, and started to see it as a campy B-movie. Eventually faux-Heston and real-Heston meet up and have a confrontation. (I didn’t really mention Linda Harrison, because she’s just being dragged around the whole movie, and doesn’t do anything.) There’s a big climactic confrontation between future humans, apes, and the Hestons where no one does anything that makes sense. I was particularly annoyed how the future humans seemed to conveniently forget they have superpowers. And it ends giving the false hope that perhaps the series will end here and you won’t have to suffer through any more movies. Beneath the Planet of the Apes is bad, and I cannot fathom how this series remained popular enough to keep making movies after this.

• Jan 21, 2018

Beneath the planet of the Apes is the equal to the Planet of the Apes, with not as subtle political commentary as the first, this film shows peaceful ape youth protesting the political elite decision to go to war with a group of mutant humans that survived and live underground with enhanced psychic abilities. As the war rages, it moves towards the decision of the mutant humans to use a planet destroying bomb. While not as good as the first it suffers from its unsatisfying ending of destroying the apes, who we of course always root for. While Heston may wanted to kill off any more sequels, he failed due to the success of this film, which produced three times the profits of its production cost and ensured three move films, an animated series, and a tv series. Long live the apes!

• Jan 16, 2018

What a disappointment! Started off pretty decently, but by the time the movie ended I was so disappointed.