Benji - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Benji Reviews

March 20, 2018
Best animal movie I've ever seen. Told from the dog's point of view without silly voice over, just brilliantly showing us what he's thinking and feeling.The bad guys are not silly cartoonish characters, but fleshed out, letting us see their motives, which go far beyond just money. Cleverly written and directed by Joe Camp, expertly scored by Euel Box and brilliantly performed by Higgins, the original Benji and the best canine actor ever, this film's a cut above your average kids' animal movie, and an emotional, fun time for the whole family.
½ March 19, 2018
the classical cutest and emotional movie, for peaople with biggest heart
March 10, 2018
its a classic dog movie
December 31, 2016
A family film by Joe Camp. Benji helps bring kidnappers to justice and finds a permanent home in the process. Who doesn't like Benji? Sappy in parts, particularly the musical montage of Benji falling in love and drinking out of the fountain with his girlfriend. I suspect this film provided the blueprint for CTV's popular "The Littlest Hobo" series.
½ July 3, 2016
Popular kids film has lovable dog foiling a kidnapping/ransom plot. Benji outsmarts (and outacts) his human contemporaries here. I actually felt Benji's sadness when his dog companion was roughed up by one of the kidnappers. I hope Benji's decsendents are collecting royalty checks for this performance.
½ June 16, 2015
Not as unbearably cheesy and manipulative as the common bear, but not an exceptional film either. Completely harmless is all that it is.
½ August 11, 2014
(First and only full viewing - 9/26/2008)
April 11, 2014
A favorite for all ages!
November 4, 2013
I've been trying to find this movie is their any other way to watch it free i can't even find a way to download it
½ September 14, 2013
Every time I hear or think of the name, "Benji" I cry! Why? Because of this dog! That's why! This movie is great, not just the plot but the characters! Benji is a very cute and I love him! I just wanna take him home with me! However, "Benji" does have a kinda basic plot but on the other hand it is very heartwarming! The characters (especially Benji) makes this movie work! I have to admit, every time I see the ending, I bawl my eyes out! I love this movie!
½ March 24, 2013
Sooo cheesy both my dogs were loving every drippy airbrushed moment. Don't ever name your dog Tiffany
February 24, 2013
This movie makes me cry. I love that.

I also love that he reminds me of my favourite pet.
January 28, 2013
When I was a kid, every kid in the US loved Benji. I wanted a dog after this one..
January 16, 2013
The first movie that made me cry.
December 7, 2012
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
November 9, 2012
i love this movie i got most of them
September 1, 2012
started the whole dog film craze
July 5, 2012
Benji helps bring kidnappers to justice and finds a permanent home in the process. I like Benji but this one is sappy in parts, particularly the musical montage of Benji falling in love and drinking out of the fountain with his girlfriend. I suspect this film provided the blueprint for CTV's popular "The Littlest Hobo" series.
June 26, 2012
hee hee totally forgot about Benji!
May 22, 2012
A dog movie where the dog doesn't die? sign me up.